Share/Bookmark

Knights in NCAA Season 94

Here are the complete lineups (Letran, etc.):

https://sports.abs-cbn.com/ncaa/news...-rosters-43785

Quote Originally Posted by bugleboy View Post
    Here are the complete lineups (Letran, etc.):

https://sports.abs-cbn.com/ncaa/news...-rosters-43785
    Arriba!!!

SAN JUAN City – Colegio de San Juan de Letran bounced back from a loss in their season debut by beating San Sebastian College, 83-76, at the 94th National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) games Friday at the FilOil Flying V Centre. The Knights bucked a slow start and turned to veterans Bong Quinto, JP Calvo and Jerrick Balanza to even their win-loss card at 1-1. READ MORE

That loss against Perps was hard to take. We really should have won that one; no excuses for that horrendous 7-minute drought that spelled our doom. The boys were too busy playing hero-ball and looking for phantom fouls that they lost focus.

Anyway, it was good that they won against Baste, although I would have wanted them to have won it more convincingly, not just by fending off the hard-charging Stags. Marami pang bubunuin ang mga players natin, at marami pang kakaining bigas ang coaching staff.

Still, arriba pa rin!

The boys tend to relax during big leads resulting to heartbreaking losses or unconvincing wins (filoil against ateneo and Uphr game)

We dropped a couple of close games last yr which has cost us a F4. Third yr coach Napa and staff should now address this lest they get the boot if we fall short again this season.
    Last edited by ESCALERA JR.; 07-27-2018 at 11:30 AM.

SAN JUAN City – Colegio de San Juan de Letran's vaunted frontline finally flexed its muscle on a hapless Jose Rizal University, 74-58, at the resumption of the 94th National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) games Friday at the FilOil Flying V Centre. Christian Fajarito and Larry Muyang took turns at pulverizing the opposition to give the Knights their second straight win after losing in their debut. READ MORE

This win against JRU was extremely satisfying, not because of the big margin, but because the boys showed that they can play as a team. Quinto and Calvo did not really score much, but then, they did not have to. Muyang and Fajarito picked up the slack, largely from pinpoint passes to the paint by their team mates. I liked the spunk shown by Fajarito, Muyang, Taladua and Ambohot in swatting away shots. I also liked the timely steals and assists of Agbong and Mandreza. Sayang lang yung gimme ni Agbong; kinabahan yata, sumablay. Anyway, he will grow, and he will learn.

The only sore point was the erratic play of Bonbon Batiller. I think Batiller is still adjusting to his new role; he's trying too hard to prove himself that he keeps on making terrible shot decisions and errors. Baka dapat hindi muna magkape ito. Tubig lang muna siguro para hindi masyadong hyper.

Levity aside, though, I hope Batiller will eventually become comfortable within Napa's system. I've seen how this guy wreaked havoc in the UAAP. If he can just approximate 75% of what he did for UE, imagine what this can do for the Knights!
    Last edited by bugleboy; 08-07-2018 at 11:36 AM.

MANILA – Colegio de San Juan de Letran gave their home fans a game to remember as they rallied to defeat visiting College of Saint Benilde, 64-60, as the NCAA On Tour made a stop at the Blessed Antonio Varona Gymnasium Thursday. Letran main man Bong Quinto laid the foundation and his teammates finished the job for their third win in a row after dropping their season opener. READ MORE

I thought the Benilde Blazers played very well in this game. It's just that they lost focus in the last three minutes of the game, and our boys were able to come up with timely baskets.

The Knights' free-throw percentages were awful, though. If we had lost the game, it would have been because of the missed free throws (13/23 or 56.52%). We were also awful from the three-point area, making only 10% from there. I hope these stats were only due to the gigil factor, seeing that the boys were playing before a horde of screaming fans right in their home court. We'll see if the percentages hold in the next game, though.

Having said all that, we still have to give credit to the boys for not giving up. Benilde was in control of this game up to the beginning of the fourth quarter, before the boys woke up and began to play more as a team. Of course, Bong Quinto still had to bail us out in the end-game, and we have to thank our lucky stars that his shot went in. Credit should also be given to Larry Muyang and Christian Fajarito, as well as Bonbon Batiller. Muyang kept the Knights within striking distance throughout the game with his pinpoint layups, largely helped by timely passes from the guards. Fajarito kept his fouls in check and ignited the Letran offensive in the second half. Ditto for Batiller, who finally kept his emotions in check and contributed positively to the team.

On to the next game! Arriba! Laban lang nang laban!

Jeo Ambohot is taking a backseat in minutes while newbies LarryMuyang and Fajarito takes care of the inside lane. Only shows the deep bench we are now enjoying. Another big man, Balagasay, can aptly relieve anyone of them in crucial stretches.

Bong Quinto is showing his true worth as a former jrs. Top gun...if he continues w this kind of intensity, he’ll give Cj and Bolick a run for their money in the mvp race.

Arriba letran beat AU and SBU.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast