twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights in NCAA Season 93

Share/Bookmark
    ^So I heard. Suddenly, the Knights have become the go-to destination of Pinoy big men. In the team at present, we have a bevy of guys 6'4 and up: Ambohot, Balagasay, Vacaro, Pamulaklakin, Pascual and De Villa. In the reserves is Jerick Villanueva, and undergoing residency is Muyang. Fajarito will be going up against these guys for a spot in the team next year. I wonder how he will do.

Meanwhile, the Knights lost to the JRU Heavy Bombers, 65-62. I think we lost this more than JRU won it, as we shot ourselves in the foot with about a ton of turnovers. Parang masyadong gigil o di kaya'y hindi pa sanay sa isa't isa ang mga players natin. Surprising, considering that most of these guys have been playing with each other for at least two years.

Still, there were some good points: we did show some fight in the endgame by forcing turnovers on the Bombers and converting on these. Nambatac was able to drive inside and fish for fouls. But for the most part, our offense was locked in second gear -- terrible percentage from distance -- and we played tentatively almost the entire game. It's a wonder we weren't down by more points at the end. Somebody please remind the boys that we are no longer in the preseason. They ought to be playing with more urgency now, especially in a field as wide open as this one.

I think we out-rebounded JRU in this one, which was a good thing, but we weren't able to convert on most of the opportunities.

Anyway, hopefully, we will learn from this loss and become better. Next game, though, is a real acid test. Let's see if the boys will recover soon enough.

Laban lang! Arriba!
    Last edited by bugleboy; 07-21-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Kung hindi dumami ang Ws malamang magka coup d'etat sa Muralla

^AFAIK, may three-year contract yata, so may isang taon pa. Unless, of course, there's a golden parachute clause (which I doubt).

Good start by the Knights in the game yesterday vs. San Beda, but our go-to guys ran out of gas in the final quarter. Props to SBC, though. Those successive three-point shots in the third quarter really ate into Letran's 7-point halftime lead and led to the RLs' breakaway. It was only through sheer willpower by Nambatac, Quinto, Calvo and Balanza that the Knights were able to battle back, only to fade out in the end.

Obviously, the rest of the team has to step up. Ambohot had a sub-par outing yesterday, saddled as he was by fouls. Taladua tried, but just could not buy a fieldgoal. The rest, though, looked as nervous as teen virgins in their first soiree.

I'm still hoping that these are still first round jitters, and that eventually, this team will be able to perform.

Laban pa rin! Arriba!
    Last edited by bugleboy; 07-26-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bugleboy View Post
    ^So I heard. Suddenly, the Knights have become the go-to destination of Pinoy big men. In the team at present, we have a bevy of guys 6'4 and up: Ambohot, Balagasay, Vacaro, Pamulaklakin, Pascual and De Villa. In the reserves is Jerick Villanueva, and undergoing residency is Muyang. Fajarito will be going up against these guys for a spot in the team next year. I wonder how he will do.

Meanwhile, the Knights lost to the JRU Heavy Bombers, 65-62. I think we lost this more than JRU won it, as we shot ourselves in the foot with about a ton of turnovers. Parang masyadong gigil o di kaya'y hindi pa sanay sa isa't isa ang mga players natin. Surprising, considering that most of these guys have been playing with each other for at least two years.

Still, there were some good points: we did show some fight in the endgame by forcing turnovers on the Bombers and converting on these. Nambatac was able to drive inside and fish for fouls. But for the most part, our offense was locked in second gear -- terrible percentage from distance -- and we played tentatively almost the entire game. It's a wonder we weren't down by more points at the end. Somebody please remind the boys that we are no longer in the preseason. They ought to be playing with more urgency now, especially in a field as wide open as this one.

I think we out-rebounded JRU in this one, which was a good thing, but we weren't able to convert on most of the opportunities.

Anyway, hopefully, we will learn from this loss and become better. Next game, though, is a real acid test. Let's see if the boys will recover soon enough.

Laban lang! Arriba!
    Not to mention Mark Dyke.

^Sorry, am just a concerned alumnus, not really a team insider. Is this confirmed already?

Knights won over Arellano by outrebounding the top rebounding team in the NCAA. Props to Rey Nambatac, Jeo Ambohot, and Jeremiah Taladua for the monster caroms! Game today is vs. Benilde. Are we looking at our first winning streak of the season?

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/ncaa/n...ncaa-season-93

BTW, there was a Daryl Pascual sighting during the last game vs. Arellano. The guy acquitted himself quite well in his 8 minutes of fame, with 4 points and 5 rebounds. Still a rather soft defender, though. Hope he improves in the coming games.

Sorry, latest news is that Mark Dyke is with the FEU Tamarraws.

Two consecutive wins last week!...we needed that very badly. Kung natalo pa ng isa yan a lot of alum wiill be asking for napa's head.

We are now in a position to win 3, even 4 which takes the pressure off the coaching staff. Suddenly the letranknights is back in business at 3rd spot.

Lyceum is in a roll. Lets derail the pirates win streak. Gradually other guys are coming out to help Nambatac. Aside from veterans quinto,calvo and balanza, big kid Ambohot is showing some promise. Daryl Pascual compliments Jeo inside and under. Taladua is another revelation.

Others should step up para lumalim pa huhugutin as we enter the 2nd rd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast