twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights in NCAA Season 93

Share/Bookmark

Knights in NCAA Season 93

Lots of news these days about the Knights -- their being under the radar blah-blah-blah.

From my point of view, we are definite underdogs this year. We'll be hard-pressed to even make it to the Final Four. I'm hoping, though, that StingRey Nambatac's pledge to make his final year a year to remember will come to pass.

Will we shock the world? Sana nga.

http://sports.abs-cbn.com/ncaa/news/...ck-world-28099

Who are projected to be on the 2017 Letran Knights team?

From various sources, the following are most likely to be in:

Calvo
    Gedaria
    Bernabe
    Nambatac
    Caralipio
    Quinto
    Balanza
    Taladua
    Pascual
    Vacaro
    Ambohot
    Balagasay
    Pamulaklakin

Two more names are missing to complete the lineup. If I were to choose, I'd put in Pambid (for additional shooting) and De Villa (for additional ceiling).

But then, that's just me. Who knows, maybe Ivan Villanueva has made a good case for himself in the offseason.

No Muyang, no Barnes, no ralph atangan!...looks like another long season for us. Hope im wrong. Same feeling as 2 seasons ago when we eventually won them all.

Good luck Knights, class of 2017.

Looks like most of my guesses for our 2017 lineup turned out to be right. Nagkamali lang ako kay Pambid, who was relegated to the reserve list. Elevated to Team A was Mandreza.

I share your concern and your guarded optimism, Boss Escalera Jr. St. Vincent Liem de la Paz, pray for us!

Our complete team, along with the rest of the NCAA:

http://sports.abs-cbn.com/ncaa/news/...-rosters-28180

Mga boss, mawalang galang na, ano nangyari kay Jom Sollano? Naglalaro siya sa PBA D League pero wala na siya sa inyo?
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

^Graduate na si Jom Sollano from Letran, and he has already served out his eligibility. I think he played three years for University of Southern Philippines, and then stayed three years in Letran (1 year residency + 2 playing years).
    Last edited by bugleboy; 07-06-2017 at 10:38 AM.

More pressing problem now is the Bong Quinto brouhaha. According to a report from spin.ph, he wants out -- allegedly due to differences with the coaching staff. Si Calvo din daw, although this angle is less clear.

For now, there have been no confirmations and I'm hoping against hope that this is just a bum steer from spin.ph. If true, though, I hope that Letran management will exhaust all options in order to persuade Quinto (and Calvo) to stay. Especially for Quinto, who days ago professed both loyalty and gratitude to the school. Now's not the time to quit, Bong, especially since Rey passed off on his chance to turn pro just to have one last ride with you guys.

On the other hand, if he really wants to go, then I suppose the school has no choice.

Right now, we have two guys on the reserve list: Pambid (6'2" swingman) and Jeric Villanueva (6'5"-ish PF/C). Who should we elevate in Quinto's place? Or is it too late to consider Ivan Villanueva?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast