twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FilOil 2013 Campaign

Share/Bookmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel View Post
    ^ Papa James, ang mainam pagusapan natin lahat ng mga bagay-bagay na 'yan sa NINAK sa Kapitolyo.

Kunwari tayo-tayo lang muna sa soft opening ninyo, hehehe!
    Almost there. Just have to do minor adjustments per Feng Shui.

Portent of things to come! Coach Gee and his staff sure did their homework as the player development and level of team play have shown marked improvement. Can't wait for the NU game for the battle of virtual all stars.

Quote Originally Posted by bchoter View Post
    Portent of things to come! Coach Gee and his staff sure did their homework as the player development and level of team play have shown marked improvement. Can't wait for the NU game for the battle of virtual all stars.
    Malayo pa Manong. NU, UST, Ateneo and UE are all very good teams and we've yet to see Adamson, feu and UP. The pieces are there but we still have to see how the team will do against actual competition. The Tigers played without Tata and Karim seems to be on limp mode during our game. The pre-season is not a good gauge but of course it's nice to get a win over the UAAP finalists.
    Last edited by james_hunt; 04-18-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by james_hunt View Post
    The pre-season is not a good gauge...
    In terms of where the team will end up in the UAAP, yes, it's not the best gauge. However, kita mo talaga ang pagkakaroon ng offensive and defensive patttern whereas UST just showed great individual talents. So far, it looks like Coach Gee is able to mesh the talents that you have. The fears of having too many talents seem unfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by bchoter View Post
    In terms of where the team will end up in the UAAP, yes, it's not the best gauge. However, kita mo talaga ang pagkakaroon ng offensive and defensive patttern whereas UST just showed great individual talents. So far, it looks like Coach Gee is able to mesh the talents that you have. The fears of having too many talents seem unfounded.
    Guess Gee learned a lot from Petron but seriously, there's still a lot of work to be done.
    Last edited by james_hunt; 04-18-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Jeron Teng, your team will live and die with you. After what happened against UE in the last three and a half minutes in the Fil Oil, I just don't know, kid. Trust your teammates for godsakes, you're only an incoming sophomore, and you're playing for Gee Abanilla. Surely giving up the ball is like the second thing Coach Abanilla preaches, if not the first.

I was at the Arena during that game. It really hurt me to see our team losing the game to UE in such a painful manner. I guess Coach Gee really had a full load of pressure on his shoulder. I just do not understand why Jeron Teng sat out so long during that game. We were still leading midway at the third quarter by around 6 points, but Jeron Teng was brought back to the playing field in the last quarter when we were losing by around 4 points atlready in the final 5 minutes. I think he was benched too long, or at least he would have been there to help stabilize the team as we were starting to lose the lead to UE.

Another defeat sustained by our alma mater which reached as high as 20 points. My question is, what was Gab Reyes doing in the game? he had absolutely no contribution. No offense, no assist, no points, nothing whatsoever. But it was Reyes in the game instead of Teng. Well, it was a very delicate game for us. And then, it happened again,what I said. We were trailing by just a few points, once again Teng was not there, resulting to the lead by ADMU by 20. When he was brought back to the game, as you see, we brought down their lead to a manageable level. Another heartache for us.
    Last edited by Greenheart; 06-01-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Failure to break a high trap and a collapsing zone as well as an inability (unwillingness...?) to go to the big men inside at the most crucial stages of the game cost Lasalle big. Thomas Torres, Robert Bolick, Almond Vosostros, Jeron Teng were all having problems trying to operate outside-in against the dynamic man zone of the Ateneo. Lasalle got good baskets against an overwhelmed Ateneo interior with Norbert Torres and Arnold Van Opstal getting easy inside scores early. Then in the second half they barely saw the ball. Jason Perkins was fighting to get shots with his own rebounds. It didn't help that Lasalle once again had problems at the freethrow line. Danding Cojuangco was noticeably glaring hard going from one to the next coach.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

We were simply outcoached and outclassed. You also noticed that? Our big men were supposed to swallow their biggies alive. What happened was, we ended up kissing their behind. It seemed like our coaches did not know what was happening. Yet, Coach Gee looked as if he still did not adjust.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast