twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: UE RED WARRIORS SEASON 76

Share/Bookmark

UE RED WARRIORS SEASON 76

2006 Season 69 : 3rd Place lost twice to UST in the F4 (Coach Dindo Pumaren)
    2007 Season 70 : 2nd Place 14-0 elimination round and lost 0-2 against DLSU (Coach Dindo Pumaren)
    2008 Season 71 : 4th Place lost to ADMU in the F4 (Coach Dindo Pumaren)
    2009 Season 72 : 2nd Place beat FEU twice in the F4 and lost to ADMU in Game 3 Finals (Coach Lawrence)
    2010 Season 73 : 6th Place missed the F4 (Coach Lawrence)
    2011 Season 74 : 7th Place missed the F4 (Coach Jerry)
    2012 Season 75 : 7th Place missed the F4 (Coach Jerry-1st round, Coach Boycie-2nd round)

2013 Season 76 : My FEARLESS FORECAST ......the return of UE RED WARRIORS in the Final 4
    Last edited by red_engr1987; 01-25-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Sino mga bago natin ngayon? Sino mawala?

^^^ GensanKid, I don't think UE lost anybody of note aside from Gene Belleza.

Returning next season will be 6-foot-3 forward John Noble, 6-foot-1 swingman Lord Casajeros and 6-foot-5 forward-center RR De Leon. All of these guys were sent to the doghouse by Jerry Codinera, who of course lost his job as head coach for this and other brilliant roster moves.

Totally new guys will be 6-foot-7 center Charles Mamie out of wartorn Sierra Leone, formerly with Arellano, 6-foot-2 swingman Ralph Olivares, who suffered an ACL injury that prevented him being lined up this season already, 6-foot-1 swingman Gino Jumao-as, the former San Sebastian Staglet by way of FEU's Team B, and two or three other guys who will take up space at the end of Boysie Zamar's bench.

For scouting reports on all of these guys, I suggest you catch up on the UE Team B thread herein.

My personal view is that the UE Red Warriors will be a much stronger team next year, certainly Final 4 calibre. But they have to play as a team and not rely on one or two guys to play well and carry the team. Having Roi Sumang and Mamie on the same side will be a huge advantage, since I think Sumang is the UAAP's best pointguard while Mamie should be at least the second-best center in the UAAP by Season 76.

Mamie might have difficulty only against Karim Abdul of UST, but Karim is easily an inch and a half shorter and maybe 20 pounds lighter than Mamie, and certainly Mamie has quicker feet and better springs than Adbul. Abdul however is clearly the more skilled player, and this is where Mamie needs to improve. Anything other than a layup or dunk is difficult for Mamie, so when defenses overplay him he is prone to throwing the ball away or holding onto it too long, or simply trying to make too many moves. If he just lets Sumang get the ball to him on drive-draws, pick-rolls and the occasional alley-hoops he will be a statistical beast.

Sumang will now have an elite-level big man (at least in terms of size, strength and athletic ability, if not necessarily skill) to patrol the paint, tend the boards and receive dump passes. He will also have Casajeros and Juamo-as helping break down defenses with their shooting and driving, and advance the ball and defend the perimeter.

Ivan Hernandez, Adi Santos, Chris Javier, JR Sumido, Dan Alberto and RP Youth mainstay Jay Olayon make up at least an above-average bench.

^ Sana lang ganado ng 100% maglaro si Mamie. Arellano let him go because he developed a bad habit: asking for more money if Arellano wanted him to give 100% effort.

When Arellano let him go he wound up playing as an import in those small town tournaments in Cebu. In one of those tournaments dun siya nakalaro ni Jerry Codinera. At that time Codinera was still UE head coach. Long story short, inareglo ng UE ang papeles ni Mamie with Arellano para makuha na ang Aprikano.

In the Fr Martin games I've seen him he is indeed a physical specimen, but still not that skilled, especially at the freethrow line. No doubt however that he will be a huge difference-maker for UE in Season 76. Manalangin na lang ang UE na hindi toyoin si Mamie at manghingi ng dagdag-pera pagdating ng UAAP. I would assume however that Mamie has learned his lesson from what happened with him in Arellano. Arellano for its part was still Ok enough to at least give him his release instead of holding him back just to teach him a lesson.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

One thing I notices woth Mammie is he slacks off on defense. And when he puts up an effort, hos defense is Kamikaze at best. The older but wilier JRU (not sure) import schooled him in the finer points of playing in the low block, making Mammie look silly with alight head fakes,, stutter steps and pull ups. Mammie somehow made up for this with athleticism and strength but was clearly frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Miguel View Post
    ^^^ GensanKid, I don't think UE lost anybody of note aside from Gene Belleza.

Returning next season will be 6-foot-3 forward John Noble, 6-foot-1 swingman Lord Casajeros and 6-foot-5 forward-center RR De Leon. All of these guys were sent to the doghouse by Jerry Codinera, who of course lost his job as head coach for this and other brilliant roster moves.

Totally new guys will be 6-foot-7 center Charles Mamie out of wartorn Sierra Leone, formerly with Arellano, 6-foot-2 swingman Ralph Olivares, who suffered an ACL injury that prevented him being lined up this season already, 6-foot-1 swingman Gino Jumao-as, the former San Sebastian Staglet by way of FEU's Team B, and two or three other guys who will take up space at the end of Boysie Zamar's bench.

For scouting reports on all of these guys, I suggest you catch up on the UE Team B thread herein.

My personal view is that the UE Red Warriors will be a much stronger team next year, certainly Final 4 calibre. But they have to play as a team and not rely on one or two guys to play well and carry the team. Having Roi Sumang and Mamie on the same side will be a huge advantage, since I think Sumang is the UAAP's best pointguard while Mamie should be at least the second-best center in the UAAP by Season 76.

Mamie might have difficulty only against Karim Abdul of UST, but Karim is easily an inch and a half shorter and maybe 20 pounds lighter than Mamie, and certainly Mamie has quicker feet and better springs than Adbul. Abdul however is clearly the more skilled player, and this is where Mamie needs to improve. Anything other than a layup or dunk is difficult for Mamie, so when defenses overplay him he is prone to throwing the ball away or holding onto it too long, or simply trying to make too many moves. If he just lets Sumang get the ball to him on drive-draws, pick-rolls and the occasional alley-hoops he will be a statistical beast.

Sumang will now have an elite-level big man (at least in terms of size, strength and athletic ability, if not necessarily skill) to patrol the paint, tend the boards and receive dump passes. He will also have Casajeros and Juamo-as helping break down defenses with their shooting and driving, and advance the ball and defend the perimeter.

Ivan Hernandez, Adi Santos, Chris Javier, JR Sumido, Dan Alberto and RP Youth mainstay Jay Olayon make up at least an above-average bench.
    Thanks for the info sir, any news about Marion Bonleon Jr. and Rey Nambatac?

Mar Bonleon is happily with you guys now, as is his loveable dad, Nonoy.

Rey Nambatac is still hoping against hope to get a good offer from a school that loves to throw money away. If it were just up to me I'd tell Nambatac to go f--- himself. Honestly I don't think he'll be a college star, and this is certainly not worth star money.

He's just another player, hard to even say if he has a college position, because at his size of more or less 5-foot-10 he should be a guard. Unfortunately he has a high dribble, is a streaky shooter, and is not a willing passer. In other words he does not possess the inherent guard skills you look for in the next level.

He possesses all of the perimeter skills but just has not convinced me enough that the level of those skills will make a star of him in college. He is a very good athlete, quick, fast, strong, good jump, changes directions easily, but the skills are closer to a 3 than even a 2, and at lean 5-foot-10 there is no way he will ever succeed as a 3 in college.

If I were UE kung nagpapa-presyo si Nambatac then to hell with him, kuha na lang ako ng iba.

Rey Nambatac is still hoping against hope to get a good offer from a school that loves to throw money away. If it were just up to me I'd tell Nambatac to go f--- himself. Honestly I don't think he'll be a college star, and this is certainly not worth star money.

He's just another player, hard to even say if he has a college position, because at his size of more or less 5-foot-10 he should be a guard. Unfortunately he has a high dribble, is a streaky shooter, and is not a willing passer. In other words he does not possess the inherent guard skills you look for in the next level.

He possesses all of the perimeter skills but just has not convinced me enough that the level of those skills will make a star of him in college. He is a very good athlete, quick, fast, strong, good jump, changes directions easily, but the skills are closer to a 3 than even a 2, and at lean 5-foot-10 there is no way he will ever succeed as a 3 in college.

If I were UE kung nagpapa-presyo si Nambatac then to hell with him, kuha na lang ako ng iba.
    He’s a Gino Jumao-as play-a-alike.

Rey Nambatac is another player who needs to shoot in volumes to be able to contribute. For small players, it doesn’t work that way in college. Go ask Jumao-as.

^^^ Padre, at least Jumao-as is a legit 6-flat, might even be 6-foot-1, with the same game, and he has improved his pullup and jump shooting. Nambatac on the other hand, I don't know, just doesn't seem to have enough game to thrive as a fulltime college guard.

Red face

Thanks again for the info sir, sana makapasok naman kami ulit sa final four =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast