twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UE RED WARRIORS - TEAM B

Share/Bookmark

UE RED WARRIORS - TEAM B

UE Red Warriors Team B

Its too quiet on UE Red Warriors Camp recently they maybe cooking a team recipe for UAAP Season 76. For sure a new Head Coach for the team. The UE Community is hoping for Coach B. Zamar (CBZ) to be the man to lead us to the promise land. But what about the ingredients of a winning menu for Final 4.

I heard players like Noble who sitdown this year so he can use his last playing year in Season 76. Lord Casajeros - is he still with us? playing UE Team B??

This might interest UE faithful a foreign african athlete 6' 6" name ARAFAT very athletic, UE insider is guarding him against the pirates of the UAAP lol.

What about Charles Mammie (not sure if i spell it right) played for a while with Arellano Chiefs though I heard nothing explosive on him in the NCAA. But what happened between him and his former school (AU - Chiefs) why did they let him go? can he really play ball ? One year training and practice with UE plus the FMC AND Summer league who knows if he can really play good basketball.
    Whats out for the RETURN OF THE MAMMIE IN UAAP !!!

Gino Jumao-as - Played in FEU Jr, i heard he crossed the street across morayta and lepanto and end up in the UE Red Warriors Camp.
    Not sure if he still there in the camp but this young baller is a scorer/slasher inside the court an offensive ammunition. Probably an additional scoring option for the team if he will make it

Who else in UE Team B ???

^ Great thread red_engr1987. Perhaps you could hang out during UE's practice sessions so you could learn more .

On Mammie, a couple of years back he made the rounds of UAAP schools who are willing to take in a huge bruiser who is just one residency year from playing. However, he priced himself too high for a couple of colleges. And now he's in UE.

Another player inexplicably let go by UE is Don Trollano. Obviously, UE's loss is AdU's gain

I'm no insider but many people within the UE community are hyping arafat and mammie - I dunno if arafat is eligible for season 76 . mammie will be ready to play

There are a couple of fil-fors and jumao-as as I read in other forums

RR de leon , JM Noble , and Casajeros will be back for season 76

I hope coach zamar has a good recruiting class (if he's still the coach)

sir may existing thread na po tayo about our teams recruits and farm team http://www.gameface.ph/showthread.ph...oot-camp/page9 =) and yes gino jumao-as the former san sebastian staglet is with our team.

Henry Betayene, Don Trollano and Gian Abrigo those are just a few names that was booted out summer of 2011 muntik na nga rin si roi sumang eh!=)
    Last edited by zoom2k7; 09-24-2012 at 03:47 AM. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by zoom2k7 View Post
    sir may existing thread na po tayo about our teams recruits and farm team http://www.gameface.ph/showthread.ph...oot-camp/page9 =) and yes gino jumao-as the former san sebastian staglet is with our team.

Henry Betayene, Don Trollano and Gian Abrigo those are just a few names that was booted out summer of 2011 muntik na nga rin si roi sumang eh!=)
    may thread na pala we should consolidate these threads para isa nlng . sino pa bago sa Team B sir zoom ? dun nalang reply sa kabila

Charles Mamie: 6-7 250 pounds, center, came to the Philippines by way of Arellano University, reportedly a very conscientious student who attends all classes and really hits the books, a true student-athlete in that sense. Should be no older than 21 years. Arellano still supposedly will not give his full release after he bailed on them in 2011. Brings great strength, speed and overall agility and athleticism for the Red Warriors, and should be ready to be lined up in Season 76. Not as accomplished in the low post as Abdul, but has enough foot speed and strength to basically do whatever he wants ala Dwight Howard, will control the boards and block shots, provide some inside scoring and an easy pass-target for Roi Sumang. Definitely a better prospect than fellow Africans Alfred Aroga of NU, and the gigantic but raw Ingrid Sewa of Adamson, brings UE back to respectability if not Final 4 contention.

JM Arafat: 6-7 200 pounds, forward-center, very young 18 years of age if that, long and lean, very quick and agile, very good runner-jumper, lacks strength though, easily pushed around, prefers to play from the perimeter, shows a funky jumpshot, needs plenty of individual skills training and focused coaching to become a real player, will be available no earlier than Season 77, should not be rushed, can control the boards, block and alter shots, get a put-back here and there, but could really use at least another year of year-round Fr Martin competition.

Ralph Olivarez: 6-2 185 pounds, swingman, mature and accomplished player who seems to have been around, has a lot of street ball in him and operates at a very instinctive level, could have made this season's lineup were it not for that ACL injury. Long and lean, could be this generation's Jun Jabar or Andy De Guzman, a much better facilitator, handler and passer than the two aforementioned though. Cocky and annoying player, even gets on his own teammate's cases when they fail to field one of his passes, could be a cancer in the locker room if not managed well. This kid can definitely play though, a much better version of Gene Belleza.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Quote Originally Posted by ghost09 View Post
    I'm no insider but many people within the UE community are hyping arafat and mammie - I dunno if arafat is eligible for season 76 . mammie will be ready to play

There are a couple of fil-fors and jumao-as as I read in other forums

RR de leon , JM Noble , and Casajeros will be back for season 76

I hope coach zamar has a good recruiting class (if he's still the coach)

UE RED WARRIORS - SEASON 76 (projected lineup)

1. JM NOBLE
    2. CASAJEROS
    3. RR DE LEON
    4. GINO JUMAO-AS
    5. CHARLES MAMMIE
    6. RALPH OLIVAREZ
    7. R. SUMANG
    8. Chris JAVIER
    9. A. SANTOS
    10. IVAN HERNANDEZ
    11. SUMIDO
    12. VALDEZ
    13. GALANZA
    14. OLAYON

meron pa na PG ang UE not sure kung pwede na sa season 76, rookie recruit might be put into Team B. Sa mga holdovers hindi pa sila sure if they can make it sa final list. ANYWAY the above is my wild guess next year

Benjamin Dy

Who's Benjamin Dy? any info on this kid

via http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticl...d=200&keyword=

MANILA, Philippines -- The defending champion San Beda Red Lions and the University of the East Res Warriors struck again and came up with convincing wins in the 10th Fr. Martin Division 2 Cup basketball tournament.

Van Abatayo teamed up with Jeric Estrada and Michol Sorela for double digit outputs which powered the Red Lions to a 77-66 win over the Mapua Cardinals at the St. Placid gymnasium in San Beda-Mendiola.

Mustapha Arafat and Benjamin Dy shone bright for the Warriors, who outplayed the Ateneo Blue Eagles, 72-66, in this cagefest which is supported by Gerry’s Grill.

Abatayo tallied 21 points, while Estrada and Sorela made 14 apiece for the Red Lions, who marched to their sixth straight win in Group A and assured themselves of a quarterfinal slot.

The Warriors, coming out of a long layoff, drew 14 points from Arafat and 13 from Dy as they picked up their fifth triumph in six matches in Group B.

This put the Warriors on top of Group B and in contention for the top quarterfinal seat in their bracket.

In other games, the Technological Institute of the Philippines Engineers(3-3) won by default over the Emilio Aguinaldo College Generals.

In the junior action, Lance Abude made 25 points for the San Red Cubs (3-0), who repulsed EAC-ICA, 66-58, while JJ Galimit hit 14 for Chiang Kai Shek (4-0) as they downed Xavier School.
    Last edited by ghost09; 09-27-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red_engr1987 View Post
    UE RED WARRIORS - SEASON 76 (projected lineup)

1. JM NOBLE
    2. CASAJEROS
    3. RR DE LEON
    4. GINO JUMAO-AS
    5. CHARLES MAMMIE
    6. RALPH OLIVAREZ
    7. R. SUMANG
    8. Chris JAVIER
    9. A. SANTOS
    10. IVAN HERNANDEZ
    11. SUMIDO
    12. VALDEZ
    13. GALANZA
    14. OLAYON

meron pa na PG ang UE not sure kung pwede na sa season 76, rookie recruit might be put into Team B. Sa mga holdovers hindi pa sila sure if they can make it sa final list. ANYWAY the above is my wild guess next year
    That's a realistic expectation of the lineup , ibaba si mena at duncil sa team B haha , i think alberto and villarias should be given a chance in the off-season as per that lineup i think we will be short on the pg position , hope the valdez kid improves in the off-season that kid has potential.
    Last edited by ghost09; 09-27-2012 at 04:51 PM.

via http://sports.inquirer.net/65750/ue-...-fr-martin-cup

UE, San Beda solidify positions in Fr. Martin Cup

By Mark Giongco

INQUIRER.net

8:13 pm | Tuesday, October 9th, 2012

MANILA, Philippines—The University of the East continued its winning ways as it scored a 75-49 drubbing of San Sebastian-B in the 10th Fr. Martin Division 2 Cup at the TIP gym in Quiapo, Manila.

The Red Warriors inched closer to claiming the top quarterfinals seat in Group B after racking up their sixth win in seven starts.

RR de Leon pumped in 24 points while also getting help from Renz Palma and Mustapha Arafat who had 13 each.

Meanwhile, San Beda thwarted Adamson, 66-49, in juniors play for its fifth straight win.

Mark Anthony Framil and Noorish Decapia had 11 and 10 points respectively for the Red Cubs, who remained on course to be the first team to nail a semifinals berth in Group A.

In other juniors games, Paolo Susmerano shot 26 points as Xavier School toyed with St. Joseph-Bulacan, 105-59, to solidify its position for a semis slot in Group B with a 5-1 slate.

The Junior Warriors, on the other hand, squeaked past Trinity, 59-56, behind Ricky Mandilao’s 14 points.
    Last edited by ghost09; 10-11-2012 at 03:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast