twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Really, Coach Eric? Really?

Share/Bookmark

Really, Coach Eric? Really?

dying seconds of the game, you are up by three. you don't foul. fortuna gets a trey off... overtime!

really, coach eric. really?

less than 5 seconds to go in overtime. let us forget that you didn't know which side you'll be inbounding from after the time out, but you call a play to relay the ball to parks who still has to rub his man off screens. inbound made... clock ticking as parks tries to receive the ball... he gets it... he makes his move... time expires!

really, coach eric? really?
    Last edited by arhtmahn; 08-28-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    I will stand outside. If anybody asks, I'm OUTSTANDING.

hindsight is 20-20. I likewise didn't expect Fortuna to make that desperation heave. but yes my initial reaction was that NU should have fouled to seal the win.

Funny coz in the entire first half, coach Eric and the Bulldogs looked as if they knew coach Pido's playbook inside out. When Fortuna signals for "biceps flexed" play, the Bulldogs would shout "muscle". They did the same with the "fist" play, the "head", the "face", etc. It was as if they were mocking coach Pido. Should ther refs call a technical on the entire squad for taunting?

This is the problem when a school assembles a team of mercenaries. No heart, no pride.

Mark De Guzman is playing like he’s a harlem globetrotter.

I think flopping eventually went against him as the refs wisened up. More than half of the time he would go sprawling on the floor even at the slightest nudge. But, for Karim, it was the opposite. Tired of not getting calls go his way, I think he flopped a little bit in the 2nd half, finally getting Batayene foul out

Him: "Alam mo pare kasalanan na ng coach 'yon."

Me: "Ano 'yon?"

Him: "Nakita mo na ngang naghahanap ng tira 'yung shooter, lamang ka ng tatlo, bakit pinaporma mo pa imbes na i-foul mo?"

Me: "Ayaw siguro kasi baka ma-act of shooting pa."

Him: "Nagdi-dribble pa mga four seconds na lang, dapat go for the steal ka na, foul kung foul."

And off went Atoy Co to the parking lot shaking his head.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Atoy Co fanboy here! lol taragis na edad yan... lumalabas. If we were not rushing out of the dome I would have ran after Atoy and have another ticket signed. Bukod sa fanboyism, buwenas eh!

^ Hindsight indeed and all that.

Yet even those who probably don't know the game all that well were signaling from the stands and emphatically so to foul Jeric Fortuna lest the known shooter actually get off a shot. Get off a shot he did, sending the game into overtime.

With all the talent on this roster, why on earth is Ray Parks the only one being counted on when the chips are down? You're telling me that guys like Mark De Guzman, Troy Rosario, Dennis Villamor, Emmanuel Mbe couldn't help at all on offense?

And this one really takes the cake, begging Bchoter's pardon, Kevin Ferrer and Jeric Teng looked like defensive player of the year candidates against the reigning MVP. I was right there on the sidelines, and they weren't pulling cheap shots, or grabs, or any other sort of shit. They just plain shut down Parks.

Let's let that sink in a while: Ferrer and Teng, two guys previoulsy described as "matador defenders" at best shut down the UAAP MVP.

And yet the play for NU was still, give Parks the ball, clear the hell out, let's go for the dribble-drive. How'd that turn out for'ya?

Parks was 3-22 from the field. 3-for friggin'-22.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

^ Oo nga, it happenend almost exclusively in front of you as if they were putting on a "defensive" clinic hehehe.

At first it looked as if Kevin was just being the jokester that he is, mimicing Parks' facial expression, sticking his face close to Rayray's, slight nudge on deadball situations, lightly leaning on him, not enough to be called a foul. While doing these, Kevin would steal a glance at his 'adings', the Tigercubs, who came in full force, as if saying "I'm just out to have fun". Lo and behold, the MVP unravelled! Soon as he got the ball all he wanted was to go at Kevin, who was quick to move back as soon as Parks leaned on him, putting Rayray out of balance. Yes, Kevin Ferrer. If it were UP's Padilla Parks would have been thrown out with a bloody kisser

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel View Post
    Him: "Alam mo pare kasalanan na ng coach 'yon."

Me: "Ano 'yon?"

Him: "Nakita mo na ngang naghahanap ng tira 'yung shooter, lamang ka ng tatlo, bakit pinaporma mo pa imbes na i-foul mo?"

Me: "Ayaw siguro kasi baka ma-act of shooting pa."

Him: "Nagdi-dribble pa mga four seconds na lang, dapat go for the steal ka na, foul kung foul."

And off went Atoy Co to the parking lot shaking his head.
    My buddies watching at home texted almost immediately after Jeric Fortuna made that three-pointer to force overtime.

"Bakit hindi nag-foul si NU?"

Let me look for Coach Eric Altamirano's e-mail. I think I have Mon Jose's and Joey Guanio's as well. Perhaps we should ask them all directly.

By the way, good to hear from Arhtmahn again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast