twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pacquiao vs Bradley

Share/Bookmark
    "I WON, BUT I DIDN'T BEAT HIM!!!" - a ranting Apollo Creed in Rocky II

You didn't beat Manny either, Brad.
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

pinoys have surprisingly been classy about the whole thing. it's the non-pinoys who've been noisy like roach, ariza and arum although i think it's the bobfather who's behind this. there's senator who's supporting a probe into the issue. i'm sure you've read how celebs and athletes like shaq, linsanity, danny granger, miley cyrus, chad dawson, katy perry, lady gaga and so many others tweeted their displeasure. even those generally regarded as anti-pacquiao like dela hoya, shaefer, JMM, floyd jr and floyd sr and teddy atlas said pac was robbed.

si manny nga ang pinaka tahimik.

don't sign up for the rematch, manny. leave top rank. be your own promoter. make your own decisions. stop having people take advantage of you.
    Last edited by yungha; 06-14-2012 at 01:17 AM.

^agreed with that one! Go the Dela Hoya route and make your own promotion. Manny's name is now bigger than Arum anyway IMO. He can get all the pinoy boxers under his stable, hell even the Latinos too! I'm not for a rematch myself, I won't freaking order another PPV under the ROB Arum brand!
    LIKE the RED LIONS on facebook http://www.facebook.com/SanBedaCollegeRedLions

WBO panel: Pacquiao defeated Bradley
    June 21, 2012 7:04am
    *22.1K *1411 Email5 ShareThis27K *
    WBO president Francisco Valcarcel has informed RingTV.com that his panel of five international judges all scored Manny Pacquiao as the winner in his June 9 (June 10, PHL time) bout against Timothy Bradley, the boxing site reported Wednesday (Thursday, PHL time).

Pacquiao won by scores of 117-111, 117-111, 118-110, 116-112, and 115-113.

"That's a Solomon-like conclusion," said Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, who handles both Pacquiao and Bradley. "Paco [Valcarcel] is a good man, he really is. I have great respect for him and what he says.

"It's appropriate for him to make that final conclusion."

During the fight proper, Bradley won via a controversial split decision, 115-113, 115-113, 113-115. Numerous boxing pundits however, and the viewing public, had Pacquiao winning, sometimes by large margins.

However, the WBO has no power to change the fight's outcome, or to force Bradley into surrendering the title. "The only thing that we can do is authorize a rematch," Valcarcel said Tuesday (Wednesday, PHL time). "We cannot go any further than that. That is in our rules.

"Cameron Dunkin [Bradley's manager] and Top Rank, they have all received the information," added Valcarcel. "Since they all work with the same promoter [Top Rank], they are working on that and we will leave that to them."

Arum has in the past stated that he felt that a rematch between Pacquiao and Bradley would not be profitable, and has been contemplating instead a fourth bout between the Filipino ring icon and Juan Manuel Marquez. Still, with this announcement, Arum is leaving it all up to his moneyman to make the decision.

"My first stop on any quest to determine what to do next is that I have to talk to the guy who is the money generator, and that's Manny Pacquiao," Arum said.

"And I have to then determine after discussions with him what he wants to do next and we'll go from there. Until Manny makes a determination, then I'm like a dog chasing its tail."

The controversial fight resulted in the two United States senators calling for the formation of a national boxing commission. The Nevada State Athletic Commission also plans on reviewing the fight footage with the three judges who gave Bradley the split-decision win. - AMD, GMA News
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

Bradley: Pacquiao losing it
    By Abac Cordero (The Philippine Star) Updated June 23, 2012

MANILA, Philippines - It seems that Timothy Bradley has no plans of giving the belt back to Manny Pacquiao, saying he wants a rematch and that it should happen as he had planned, as he had scheduled.

Bradley was also quoted by www.boxingscene.com as saying that if the rematch takes place on Nov. 10, it would be “easier” for him to beat the 33-year-old Pacquiao.

Bradley, who moved up to 29-0 with his controversial split decision over Pacquiao last June 9 at the MGM Grand, said he noticed something in Pacquiao.

“He’s declining, honestly, he’s declining,” he said.

Plain and simple, Bradley thinks that Pacquiao is no longer the old Pacquiao who threw punches from all angles, with blazing speed and great power.

And that Pacquiao is no longer the same boxer who always go for the kill like he did against David Diaz, Oscar dela Hoya and Ricky Hatton, or Antonio Margarito and Miguel Cotto.

“He had me hurt in the fourth round, he didn’t try to come out and finish me. The old Manny would’ve. I just think there’s a lot of wear and tear on him. His mind is in 50,000 different places,” Bradley said.

Pacquiao is deep into Bible studies, and they followed him everywhere he went, in the park as he trained, in the dining room, in his car and even inside his bedroom.

As he trained, Pacquiao also tried to memorize the Bible. Physically, he was preparing for a big fight, and yet mentally it was like he was vying for the Chess Olympiad.

He must be drained.

“He’s got his new-found religion and stuff like that, and I just feel like maybe he’s worn out, honestly. I have a busy schedule, but his schedule is like all day busy, like 24/7, he never stops moving,” Bradley noticed.

“Even when I saw him in the press conference I was like, ‘This guy looks tired.’ I saw his eyes, I saw the bags underneath his eyes. I was like this guy is tired. I don’t even think this guy wants to be here,” said the new WBO welterweight champion.

There’s been a lot of controversy surrounding the decision because many people thought Pacquiao won the fight. At the MGM, two judges scored it in favor of Bradley, and the other one for Pacquiao, They all had it 115-113.

The WBO reviewed the fight, and tapped five of its own judges to re-score the fight, individually. They all came up with the same verdict that Pacquiao should have won the fight. They scored it 117-111, 117-111, 118-110, 116-112, 115-113.

Pacquiao has decided to move on, saying he wouldn’t even accept the belt if Bradley decides to give it back to him. He said the WBO can declare the title vacant, and then a rematch takes place.

Pacquiao assured his fans he will “get the title back.”

And prove Bradley wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2