twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who missed the Pinoy primetime sitcoms during the 80s

Share/Bookmark

Re: Who missed the Pinoy primetime sitcoms during the 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    ^ Sino nga 'yung tisay na kasama ni Carmi Martin dito? Debbie whatshername...?
    The late Maria Theresa Carlson.
    If you don’t like gameface, why lurk and follow? You can leave anytime. You should.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    mukhang ibang show si debbie miller, sa "eh kasi babae." as far as i recall, the breakout stars of chicks to chicks were, as mentioned, carmi martin and the late maria teresa carlson, who became famous for her fractured tagalog most especially "si ako..." the other girls were ruby anna and bong dimayacyac, na wala namang kadating-dating. ang kwento kasi rito nagbo-board yung mga girls, who were working as models, sa bahay nina freddie webb at nova villa, the capistrano couple.

actually i would also consider freddie webb as the third breakout star in this show, because he was really funny in that sya pa nga ang tsina-tsangingan ng mga co-stars nya. he and nova villa provided more than two-thirds of the comedic moments in the show.
    "Shower na tayo, dear! ;D
    If you don’t like gameface, why lurk and follow? You can leave anytime. You should.

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    Was "Prrrt Foul!" of Sonny Jaworski, Francis Arnaiz and Yoyong Martirez from the 80's...?
    That's right, sa City2 television early 1980s.

Is "Home Along the Riles" included? I watched this as a kid and I enjoyed this watching with my family. By the way, I always noticed in these sitcoms the theme of "family". Even Palibhasa Lalake, a "macho" TV show has this theme.

With regards to girl fantasy as a kid,I could only remember one (actually I think of many) INA RAYMUNDO. Saw her on TV a while ago and she is still hot.Parang di tumanda.
    "The end justifies the means"-from Machiavelli? Nope.  :D

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    mukhang ibang show si debbie miller, sa "eh kasi babae." as far as i recall, the breakout stars of chicks to chicks were, as mentioned, carmi martin and the late maria teresa carlson, who became famous for her fractured tagalog most especially "si ako..." the other girls were ruby anna and bong dimayacyac, na wala namang kadating-dating. ang kwento kasi rito nagbo-board yung mga girls, who were working as models, sa bahay nina freddie webb at nova villa, the capistrano couple.

actually i would also consider freddie webb as the third breakout star in this show, because he was really funny in that sya pa nga ang tsina-tsangingan ng mga co-stars nya. he and nova villa provided more than two-thirds of the comedic moments in the show.
    I dunno how true, pero I heard then that Chicks to Chicks never really had a formal script for each show! Ang kuwento daw was the Director (sino nga ba? Someone well known) would just sit the cast down before taping and give them the gist of the show's "story". After that, it was all ad lib! Can someone confirm? For a show to run an hour, an hour and a half flying bara-bara style for so many seasons is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by maroonmartian
    Is "Home Along the Riles" included? I watched this as a kid and I enjoyed this watching with my family. By the way, I always noticed in these sitcoms the theme of "family". Even Palibhasa Lalake, a "macho" TV show has this theme.
    home along the riles debuted in the 90s.

I dunno how true, pero I heard then that Chicks to Chicks never really had a formal script for each show! Ang kuwento daw was the Director (sino nga ba? Someone well known) would just sit the cast down before taping and give them the gist of the show's "story". After that, it was all ad lib! Can someone confirm? For a show to run an hour, an hour and a half flying bara-bara style for so many seasons is something else.
    it used to, when it was ading fernando at the director's chair. but after the great one passed away, nagkarun na rin sila ng script.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Uyyyyyyyyy...kunwari pa. That's Entertainment. Sitcom yun di ba? :D
    COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

Chicks to chicks started on IBC 13. Then when they transferred to ABS, they became CHIKA CHIKA CHICKS?
    The show started like 10 PM on IBC. Pinag pupuyatan ko ito because of the sexy guests they had each week. hehe.
    Idol ko dito si Tito Freddie. When I met him for the first time in the 80s after a PBA game, my dad told him "Freddie pinapanuod ka ng anak ko every week". Natahimik na lang ako at nagmano. haha.

Ito yung sitcom na ginaya ng Palibahas Lalake of Miguel Rodriguez, Richard Gomez and John Estrada.
    The Big Red Machine: Go San Beda 5

"Ok Ka Fairy Ko" began in the late-1980's right?

And what was that other sitcom, the one that had Richard Gomez, Marina Benipayo and Shielu Barwani in a "Three's Company" type of show...? Poorly made of course, but I think this one lasted a couple of seasons, just don't recall if this was still in the 1980's.

Does "Sick O'Clock News" count as a sitcom...?
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Ang walang kamatayang..... ISKUL BUKOL!
    (Escalera Brothers, Vic Ungasis, Miss Tapia, Mang Temi, etc)

Iskwelang kwela ‘to dito’y enjoyable
    konting aral lang konting bulakbol
    dito nang lahat, madaldal at bulol
    dito na nga, Iskul Bukol

[chorus]
    Ah hah hah, ah hoo yahh
    Iskul Bukol
    ah hah hah, ah hoo yeah
    Iskul Bukol

Hanggang sa umuwi mula pa sa roll call
    lahat ay magulo, but okey lang, it’s cool
    dito ay terrible, dito’y buhol-buhol