twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ms. Shamcey Supsup: Ms. Universe Third Runner-up

Share/Bookmark

Ms. Shamcey Supsup: Ms. Universe Third Runner-up

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/232234/e...-miss-universe

Congrats to my fellow UP alumni for placing 4th in the Miss Universe. IMO, she had the best answer of all the contestants. But congrats to Ms. Angola who is a crowd favorite in Brazil (they speak Portuguese too like the host being a Portuguese colony). Sana nga lang tigilan na ng ating kababayan yung issue ng translator. Let's not be parochial. I think though she should have a higher finish.

FYI, she finished BS Architecture and graduated as a magna cum laude. To add to that, she topped the Architecture Licensure Exam. Beauty and brains all in one.
    "The end justifies the means"-from Machiavelli? Nope.  :D

Re: Ms. Shamsey Supsup: Ms. Universe Third Runner-up

Her answer was kind of double standard. She said she wouldn't convert if asked but she would ask the guy to love her and her God. The right reply should have been that it is not right to ask to convert for either the man or the woman. Although difficult, there have been successful interfaith marriages. If she mentioned Adel Tamano, a Muslim, and his wife, a devout Catholic, who have been married for quite a while now (and in the light of the 9-11 anniversary the previous day) I think she would have gotten the title.

^^ i perfectly agree. that's the angle i was looking as well--na may gustong sagot ang mga judges in light of the recent 9/11 commemoration.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

She did say in an interview last night that she didn't even remember what she said because she just spoke from the heart. Okay lang sa akin ang sagot niya, a "major, major" improvement from what Venus Raj said last year. :D

I think the Miss Universe pageant should revert to the old format of having all final five contestants answer the same question, with those waiting in turn isolated in a sound-proof booth. IMHO, although she really stood out and deserved her crown, Miss Angola got a big break in the Q & A because her question was pretty easy.
    People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

"It's your religion or my religion." A very polarizing statement, especially since 9/11.

I wouldn't mind if while horizontal Ms Supsup will say "My God...! Oh My God...!" ;D

^ :-X ;D

Requiring someone to change religion to prove his/her love is not only selfish but also one can't be sure that he/she is just doing it because it is demanded of them. Look at former PM Blair. He was Anglican and the wife is Catholic. But eventually he converted to Catholicism because he wanted to.

C'mon guys, she was there on the spot. It was the best answer she can give at that moment, and it wasn't actually wrong or bad.

Para lang yan yung mga oral exam niyo nung kayo ay nag-aaral pa. After class, you realized there was a better.... a best answer. Pero tapos na ang oral exam.... di vah!
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

^ The benefit of hindsight. Sige na nga. Sana si Ms. Colombia na lang and nanalo. :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast