twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: UAAP Season 74 for the Green Archers

Share/Bookmark

Re: UAAP Season 74 for the Green Archers

Quote Originally Posted by easter
    NU will taste the DLSU press UAAP version for the very first time. Let's see if they can handle it.
    Mon Jose is an NU Assistant Coach. If there is anyone who can decipher any version of the La Salle press other than Norman Black...this is the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by easter
    NU will taste the DLSU press UAAP version for the very first time. Let's see if they can handle it.
    They had a tough time against it in the offseason tournaments. I doubt NU suddenly figured it out now, especially in the bright lights and loud crowds of the UAAP. NU's press break relies on lateral short passes and a lot of hard dribbling with heads down and people pushing into defenders. If these Bulldogs haven't figured out a forward-flash or double-slide press break for themselves they are going to be neck deep in it.

For the second straight game, La Salle is going with the starting five of Revilla, Atkins, Marata, Villanueva, and Van Opstal today versus the Bulldogs.

I am beginning to think that perhaps Coach Eric Altamirano may have made a huge mistake giving so much PT to Rey Parks in the offseason tournaments. It seems every defense in the UAAP now has the book on Parks, and Lasalle, after two Fr Martin Cup losses to these Bulldogs, simply shocked and awed NU yesterday afternoon. There was just no getting around it, Lasalle had NU's number yesterday.

From the third quarter to early in the fourth quarter Lasalle went 0-13 from the field, broken by an Oda Tampus layup. At the end of the third what was once a 23-point lead was down to nine, at one point as low as seven. NU moved the ball better, and simply moved better as a unit with Parks on the bench. Choy Ignacio, Rob Celiz and Glen Khobuntin all scored and defended very well without Parks.

LA Revilla however proved to one and all that he really is now the best true pointguard in the UAAP. No matter how anyone cuts it or wraps it, this kid has made a truly astounding comeback. He is easily the best player on the Lasalle roster now. Casualties of his rise include Almond Vosotros, who was benched immediately after a bad pass, and the barely-stirring Roldan Sara. Revilla is my bet for season MVP.

La Salle was killed by NU's isolation at the top of the key plays in the 3rd quarter. Had La Salle adjusted early, NU would not have gotten that much close. Khobuntin was a better one-on-one isolation player for NU, along with Ignacio. They both played better than Parks in one-on-one situations. La Salle got fortunate that they shifted from a man-to-man to 2-3 zone defense on time in the 4th quarter to negate NU's isolation plays & from there it was a downhill for the Bulldogs.

A coach is someone who can give correction without causing resentment. - John Wooden, head coach, UCLA Bruins (1948-1975)

Another great performance from the archers winning their third game in a row. Yes, the wins were against the weaker teams of the league but I'm glad La Salle

made the most out of them. La Salle's system is finally working properly on both ends of the court although it is still hard to ignore some flaws that the team has.

Joshua Webb. This guy is way too intense. He wants to touch the ball every possession even if he doesn't need to. Whenever he does get the ball, you could

expect him making a bad shot, bad pass or a turnover. From what I have seen and heard, he lacks basketball IQ and EQ as well - letting his emotions get the

better of him. This is going to be a big issue as the season progresses since he is a currently a crucial part of the rotation, being the first option off the bench for

the 3 position. The problem is La Salle doesn't have another SF in the team right now who can take Webb's place....

* nice to finally see a slashing player who can break the defense in Oda Tampus.

Thanks to NU last Sunday and they showed some chinks on the armor ng Adamson Falcons. Nakakapagtaka lang na for a team who loves to shoot from the outside, they shoot better pag tao-tao ang depensa ng kalaban, rather than if the opposing team plays zone defense, wherein the three-point basket is the best weapon against it (or in basketball linggo, zone buster). Naging maalat shooting ng Adamson when NU started playing zone against them.

It also showed kung ano kulang sa Adamson, they don't have a guy who will bang inside to get inside baskets. Colina and Camson are power forwards who will face up and then take the perimeter jumper or fall-aways. Kung pumapasok ang mga perimeter shots nila, lagot ang kalaban. Otherwise, lagot sila because wala silang alternate offense that they can go to.
    A coach is someone who can give correction without causing resentment. - John Wooden, head coach, UCLA Bruins (1948-1975)

^ That game vs UST is painful. And considering they would face their archrivals on Sunday? Would that inspire them even more knowing that they need a win badly to avoid bowing out of the Final 4. I am smelling a repeat of 2009. Here is the score of the game against UST:

From http://www.inboundpass.com/2011/08/2...a-salles-woes/

The scores:

UST 60 Teng 14, Camus 10, Afuang 10, Abdul 9, Fortuna 8, Ferrer 6, Lo 2, Ungria 1, Vigil 0, Tan 0, Sheriff 0, Pe 0

De La Salle 52 Marata 11, Revilla 8, Vosotros 8, Van Opstal 6, Tampus 6, Torres 4, Atkins 3, de la Paz 2, Villanueva 2, Mendoza 2, Paredes 0, Webb 0

Quarter scoring: 15-13, 30-21, 44-38, 60-52
    "The end justifies the means"-from Machiavelli? Nope.  :D

if i were dindo, i would bench atkins,maui and webb...sobra na ang chances na ibinigay sa mga to...personally, i think they are the reasons why DLSU is losing...from FT to missed point blank shots...
    Our fellowship will never cease!
    ANIMO SAN BEDA!

Quote Originally Posted by lekiboy
    if i were dindo, i would bench atkins,maui and webb...sobra na ang chances na ibinigay sa mga to...personally, i think they are the reasons why DLSU is losing...from FT to missed point blank shots...
    NEW Malabes, Mangahas, at Barua trio ba ito? ;D Forgivable yung lowering three-point shots kasi they are adjusting to the new FIBA three-point line. But free-throws and point-blank range? Yan ang problema. Hmmm... I am watching that game vs Ateneo on Sunday. WOULD THEY SHAVE THEIR HEAD BALD?
    "The end justifies the means"-from Machiavelli? Nope.  :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast