twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: Knights in Season 87

Share/Bookmark

Re: Knights in Season 87

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat
    The score was 55-46 for SSC. Kevin Alas knocks down 3 consecutive triples to tie the game.

K. Alas, Cruz, Racal, Belorio and Cortes were the 5 when the score was tied at 55 all. Then SSC pounded the ball inside:

Ronald Pascual post-up jump hook over Racal. 57-55 for SSC.
    Ian Sangalang offensive rebound and putback off Belorio. 59-55 for SSC.
    Calvin Abueva's offensive rebound and tip-in against Cortes. 61-55 for SSC.

Where was Letran's top rebounder and shot blocker in those 3 offensive possessions? Almazan could have altered those shots or grabbed the rebounds but he was nowhere to be found in that 4th Qtr.
    Almazan had the bad habit of reaching for the ball whenever Sanggalang gets the ball on a post up play. Senyas ng mga assistant ni Louie "straight-up lang", pero di magawa at nangingibabaw ang gigil. I think there were at least two occasions he did that early in 4th and he was replaced before Baste took more advantage of it.

Belorio and Cortes held their own very well. Yung 2 putbacks ay parang mga broken plays. It's not as if they were easy putbacks. Yung kay Sanggalang was I think a follow-up of missed follow up by dela Cruz, kaya nagkawalaan ng tao. At yung kay Abueva naman, kung nakita mo paano lumipad at inabot yung bola para ma-tip in, di mo na masisisi ang depensa. That was athleticism in its purest form. Bwakaw man ang turing kay Abueva, mala-bakulaw rin talaga ang lakas nito.

Hindsight may have made us question the fielding of players. Pero ganon talaga, coaches read the situation and put in the players best suited to the situation. Then, let the same players execute your instructions. Almazan can't do what he was told to do early in the 4th kaya di tumaya sa kanya si Alas.

We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by oca
    If we go over the performance of the Knights this season, magtataka ka paano sila umabot dito and play the way they did when in fact only Cortes and Alas can be counted upon in closely contested big games. The rest, magdadasal ka na sana swertehin.

Maybe that re-affirms the kind of a coach Louie Alas is.
    Pucha, suportahan lang ng isang maganda recruitment program si Coach Louie, Letran will dominate Philippine collegiate basketball.
    I second that. Year in and year out Alas' team are always in there slugging it out with the heavyweights. I like the way he carries himself on the sideline, very even-keeled but can be in-your-face if necessary

Watched the game via streamline on an Internet Cafe on a busy street here in Sydney...hindi ako mapakali sa train and decided to go down instead to catch the game. Nampucha inabot ko pa lamang ng 10 pts ang baste with over less than 5mins to go. Bumili lang ako ng toma...laking GULAT ko to see the score tied at 55!!!!@#

Ot@#...pano nanyari yun ???SHiiiiiit....sayang talaga.

Well anyways, thats how the ball bounces. Still felt a tinge of pride on hearing Coach Louie's final words to his boys on the sidelines... and i think i saw a crying Kevin Alas too.,...tapos naputol na ang coverage.

TO OUR GALLANT KNIGHTS....WELL DONE.!!!!
    WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT WE WOULD GO THIS FAR....WE MISSED JUST ONE GAME TO BE IN THE FINALS. HEADS UP KNIGHTS OF LETRAN

a r r i b a !!!!!!!ARRRRRRIIIIIBBBBBBA LETRAN!!!!

Last Wednesday's game formally ends the Knights Season87 NCAA campaigne.... and so is this thread.

THANK U 2011 Letran Knights...it was a nice ride indeed.

See U Season'88 with an intact lineup.

"La Palabra de la Victoria"...uno ...dos....tres....ARRIBA LETRAN!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33