twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: UE Red Warriors 2011 [Season 74]

Share/Bookmark

Re: UE Red Warriors 2011 [Season 74]

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    @Ironcoach

Coach, no way Biboy is anywhere near as good as Paul is now or even two years ago, but he's the best option at that swing spot for UE this year.

I just feel he has not lived up to his full athletic and basketball potential. When I first saw him in Lyceum a couple years back he was a hell of an athlete. I've seen him attack the basket against UAAP A teams in the Fr Martin with some success, but he just loves pulling up too much for jumpshots. He has the size, the strength and the body, and if his round robin dunks are anything to go by, he also has the springs to be a much better swingman. If Enguio can somehow take two or three good north-south dribbles and power his way to the basket, it opens more opportunities for himself either for field goals or freethrows, and he can even serve as a decoy for his team, looking for kick-out or drive-draw opportunities. Unfortunately this will not happen until he learns to dribble
    lower to the ground and closer to his body, otherwise opposing defenses will just swipe that ball away.
    hey! good read and analysis. biboy is playing his last year this season. probably a case of an old dog not being able to learn new tricks anymore for Biboy. but maybe if they just allow Sumang to handle the rock all the time and allow him to create opportunities for everyone else...biboy could still master the art of moving WITHOUT the ball..either spotting up, using staggered screens or going backdoor on overzealous defenders..ala Ray Allen. that could still help the team cause rather than forcing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    link:
    http://www.inboundpass.com/2011/06/2...-team-lineups/

Compare these 2 line-ups and you be the judge

CASAJEROS, Lord – G SUMANG, Roi
    CHAVEZ, Von – G TAGARDA, Lucas
    DE LEON, RR – F/C ROSOPA, Ezer
    DURAN, Erwin – F ACIBAR, Ken
    ENGUIO, Biboy – G/F LEE, Paul
    FLORES, Jairold – F ZAMAR, Paul
    JAVIER, Chris – F/C CASAJEROS, Lord
    MONTELIBANO, Nico – F RAZON, Sam
    NOBLE, JM – F ENGUIO, Ebrahim
    SABANGAN, Jessmar – G/F SANTOS, Adrian
    SANTOS, Adrian – F DURAN, Erwin
    SUMANG, Roi – G TROLLANO, Don
    SUMIDO, Jay-ar – G HERNANDEZ, Ivan
    TAGARDA, Lucas – G NOBLE, JM
    ZAMAR, Paul – G SUMIDO, JR
    ZOSA, BJ – G ABRIGO, Gian

Head coach: CODIΡERA, Jerry (1st season)

^ Coach, what is there to compare? I have a feeling Coach Jerry is going to have a very long Season 74 at the rate he's going...
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

^ Coach, what is there to compare? I have a feeling Coach Jerry is going to have a very long Season 74 at the rate he's going...
    the way you've been giving your scouting report and your insight with the redwarriors' scheme of things...i should've petitioned you as my replacement. any chance your a bball coach as well?? a former player maybe???

if you'll notice the line-up that was submitted by UE, out of the mandatory 16, 9 are GUARDS. now thats interesting.

^^ ganun na nga mangyayari, magtatayo na kami ng security agency.. ;D pero coach hindi kaya si Acibar ang nawalan hdindi ang UE, dahil sa nakita ko sa D-Leauge parang hilaw pa si Acibar para sa pro...

Quote Originally Posted by ironcoach
    the way you've been giving your scouting report and your insight with the redwarriors' scheme of things...i should've petitioned you as my replacement. any chance your a bball coach as well?? a former player maybe???
    Joe, this I've got to see. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ironcoach
    Coach, I am but a humble sports reporter, pero sa UE din po ako nagtapos, AB Pol Sci Class of 1994.

Lion, itoma na lang natin 'yan, hanggang sports writing na lang ako talaga, hehe!
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Quote Originally Posted by pulang mandirigma
    ^^ ganun na nga mangyayari, magtatayo na kami ng security agency.. ;D pero coach hindi kaya si Acibar ang nawalan hdindi ang UE, dahil sa nakita ko sa D-Leauge parang hilaw pa si Acibar para sa pro...
    if i were a PBA owner, team manager or coach, i'll grab the opportunity to draft a Ken Acibar. even as a rookie in commercial league games, he's still averaging in double digits. i don't recall a single Cobra game that he didn't log at least 10 pts. he's 6'5 & only 21 yrs old. has all the room to grow & improve. and will come cheap as compared to over-rated, highly-priced guys who've been in the PBA for years but has so far proven nothing.

thats what you may call Basketball Managing 101.

Quote Originally Posted by pulang mandirigma
    and with the creation of the PBA D-League, any player can bypass college through and through especially if a kid isn't really interested in studying and has set a future or a means of living thru basketball. Acibar is getting paid 20k per month+win game bonuses with Cobra while i seriously doubt that UE will give him that much.

Always remember that these kids are mostly dirt-poor. In fact, Acibar is already the bread-winner in his family even while in college. same goes for Pari Llagas, Paul Lee, Rudy Lingganay, Val Acuna, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast