twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: In Need of the Wizard of Oz

Share/Bookmark
    I had such high hopes for Adamson going into Season 80, at sa totoo lang mukha namang may ipapakita pa din ang Falcons, they do have a chance to close out Round 1 with a solid 5-2 record, their only losses coming from leaders Ateneo and Lasalle.

Pero ito na naman tayo, bakit ba tila may kulang sa mga bata ni Coach Franz Pumaren?

I really thought, for instance, that Tyrus Hill would be the missing piece at power forward, and that his presence would elevate Adamson to Finals contender status.

Nakakabilib ang ginawa niyang pag-posterize kay Jeepy Faundo on that very athletic drive nung UST game nila.

Pero kung titignan natin talagang malayo pa yata sa katotohanan si Hill, as in he is not even in the Top 10 MVP contenders, with that honor going of course to their import Papi Sarr.

Ang siste dito may edad na si Hill, at ganun din sina Manalang, Camacho, Manganti, not sure about Lojera. All of these guys are 20 or older, kung hindi pa sila nagpapasiklab ngayon, kelan pa?

Hill, according to his declared age, is actually older for example than Thirdy Ravena, and Thirdy is 21. Ganun din ang iba pang core group ng Falcons.

Coach Franz has a good record getting older players, especially Fil-Ams, and making them a championship team like he did during his 4-Peat with Lasalle. Pero ang kaibahan ay immediate impact players dati sina Allado (assistant coach na niya ngayon sa Adamson), Cortez, Wilson, andun din si Ritualo (another assistant coach niya ngayon).

So the question is: when will all of the potential actually become production?
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Adamson hero Jerrick Ahanmisi irked by close call vs UST: 'We should’ve been better'

UP until the final two minutes of the game, Adamson was in great danger of becoming the first team to lose to University of Santo Tomas in the UAAP Season 80.

Good thing that Jerrick Ahanmisi was there to play messiah for the Falcons, draining crucial shots to lift his squad to a 75-70 victory on Wednesday at the Mall of Asia Arena.

The sophomore gunner fired 10 of Adamson's final 12 points, including the go-ahead three pointer and five free throws to tow the Falcons to their seventh win in 11 games.

"No I’m not really thinking about that (losing to UST). I think we just knew as a team we had to win, because it's getting close to the end of the second round," said Ahanmisi.

"We can’t afford to lose any more games for us to be on top of the standings. I guess in the end, the coaches just helped me out a lot," he added.

The younger brother of Rain or Shine stalwart Maverick Ahanmisi was disappointed with how they played against the Tigers, knowing that things shouldn't have been this close in the first place.

"We’re a team that contends for the finals, we should've been better," Ahanmisi continued. "I think that we should just learn from this."

Coach Franz Pumaren wasn't necessarily happy with how the game went, even to the point that he said they were 'lucky to have survived the game,' after 'flirting with disaster.'

"I was so disappointed, they're trying to level down. Nothing against UST, but probably their mindset going to this game, they're winless, they're just gonna lie down,' said Pumaren.

"Knowing UST and their community and their coaches, they have so much pride at stake, they still gave us a scare."

But Pumaren still sees this game as something that can be charged to experience as they enter the final three games of the season.

"This particular game we experienced, it's just a part and parcel of our learning process of being a young team," Pumaren continued.

"At least close games, we were able to survive. It's not that we're gonna cruise along, at least with this victory, we have a hold of third place."
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

No replay of DLSU-Adamson game amid controversy, says UAAP

By: Randolph B. Leongson - Reporter / @RLeongsonINQINQUIRER.net / 03:34 PM November 21, 2017

UAAP commissioner Rebo Saguisag said there will be no replay of the controversial Final Four duel between De La Salle and Adamson at this point.

As it stands, the result remains with the Green Archers taking an 82-75 win over the Soaring Falcons.

"At the moment, again without prejudice to further findings, I don't think offhand that the mistakes at all were that blatant to warrant a reversal or a replay,' he said in an interview with Sports Desk.

"If it involves judgment calls, that's not a criteria for protest. They should be technical in nature, like misappreciation of the rules, misapplication of the mechanics. But if it's judgment calls, it's a different story. That would not warrant a reversal or a replay."

Saguisag shared that though his office has received complaints before, this was the first time that the losing team wasn't the first to raise the issue.

"For the first time in three years, it was a first that aside from the losing team which you expect the complaint from, there are some sectors who checked what happened. So of course, I cannot be insensitive to the public cause at the end of the day, they are the audience. We have to address the outcry," he said.

Saguisag has suspended the three referees Enan Alejo, Ian Borbe, and Mollie de Luna, who officiated the game for the duration of the UAAP Season 80 men's basketball tournament.

"It was our decision. I used the word suspension, but to be clear, suspension can be a form of penalty or a preventive measure. In this case, since our findings are still provisional, so that we can avoid any conflicts, we'll take the three of them out of the referees pool and they get to have a chance to clear their name if warranted," he said.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3