twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Pacquiao vs Marquez

Share/Bookmark

Re: Pacquiao vs Marquez

Magkaiba ba tayo ng pinanood? Kasi sabi Marquez "clearly" won the fight. Yes, Marquez clearly won the rounds that were given him. But there were more rounds with no clear winner. Unfortunately, for JMM, these were awarded by the judges to Pacquiao. Hindi naman natin hinuhusgahan ang buong laban. round-per-round and scoring. In my personal scorecard I had JMM winning by a point but I didn't even factor in the fight's "aggresor".

Hindi ko pa rin ma gets kung bakit sinasabing Marquez "clearly" won the fight.

tama, there were a certain number of rounds that could have gone either way. and my immediate verdict right after the fight is that JMM may have sealed the deal. MAY HAVE, were it not for the superior work rate by pacquiao from the 10th round onward. upon hindsght, that's about the same time marquez trainer nacho beristain advised his ward to ease up because he was already way ahead in points and that pacquiao is most dangerous in the endgame. hahaha, su consejo es malo ;D ;D ;D
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    that's one of the oldest tactics in boxing when fighting a southpaw: putting your lead foot against the opponent's lead foot (the right) to cut his angles. JMM did one better--stepping on pacquaio's lead foot, which i think is bush league.
    it's a non-issue. it would be an advantage if jmm were fighting a young dumb fighter like victor ortiz. but pac and jmm are veterans, parehong may gulang na yan and both know how to handle gulang moves. pac himself throws hard elbows after some of his punches.

Quote Originally Posted by bchoter
    Magkaiba ba tayo ng pinanood? Kasi sabi Marquez "clearly" won the fight. Yes, Marquez clearly won the rounds that were given him. But there were more rounds with no clear winner. Unfortunately, for JMM, these were awarded by the judges to Pacquiao. Hindi naman natin hinuhusgahan ang buong laban. round-per-round and scoring. In my personal scorecard I had JMM winning by a point but I didn't even factor in the fight's "aggresor".

Hindi ko pa rin ma gets kung bakit sinasabing Marquez "clearly" won the fight.
    had it a draw after the live fight. watching the replay, had pac 116-112. immediately after the fight, a lot of observers actually howled that jmm won but after watching the replay, acknowledged that it was a correct decision. anyway, i would have been ok with a pac win, jmm win, or a draw. it was that close. any decision would have been ok. let's leave it at that. ang nakakaasar yung mga pinoy mismo na nagsasabing nagkadayaan daw (hello karen davila). crab mentality nga naman. we're so used to cheating so that if a pinoy won, he must have cheated.

Pacquiao vs Marquez III: Robbery of the year.

That's what I don't get. They say it's a robbery but then say it should have gone 115-113 or 116-112 Marquez. With scores like that the decision could really go either way. A close decision for jmm, close decision for pac or a draw would've been acceptable. But to call it a robbery is absurd. Plain and simple, it was a close decision that went pac's way which is unfortunate for the Mexicans that flooded the The Ring website and voted in the poll.

I watched the other fights in the poll (Paul williams-erislandy-lara, alexander-mathysse, sturm-macklin) and those decisions were outright robberies. It just so happened that pac-jmm was the highest-profile fight of them all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5