twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Donaire vs. Montiel

Share/Bookmark

Re: Donaire vs. Montiel

First round commentary....

D. CASTILLEJOS: Donaire looks dominating, Ronnie!

R. NATHANIELZ: No, not yet.

D. CASTILLEJOS: It looks like...

R. NATHANIELZ: He got in a couple of good shots.

= = = = = = = =

It's just like a Vietnam war veteran rolling his eyes in annoyance when somebody shows up at a neighborhood watch meeting in full battle gear. ;D

Unbelievable power in Nonito's left hook!

Montiel's mind was still asking to get up but his reflex was gone -- probably the reason why he was shaking his legs while down in the canvass.

Damn, that left hook sure is brutal! What makes it more deadly is the fact that it practically starts as a mass at rest and just accelerates to lethal levels in fractions of a second. The only thing I could think of that would be more lethal is the late Bruce Lee's "one-inch" punch. That Darchinyan dude is one crappy poker player: he shows his card well ahead with more than enough time for his opponent to think of something to counter the move. Buking na buking. Bu-bwelo-bwelo pa. Who's been teaching this guy how to box - Popeye?

That left hook reminds me of Mayweather's left hook to Hatton.

I wonder if Dark Knight is also a Donaire hater. Hehe.
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

Ang daming commentary that the attention and respect Donaire is getting now was long overdue. I think that is not correct. Paano mo gagawaran ng papuri ang isang tao na kailan mo lang nakitang lumaban at sa ilang laban na iyon ay ilan ba ang dekalibre?

Even among sports writers here, ilang laban na ni Donaire ang nasaksihan nila?

Yes, you can search for some of his fights at youtube, still there are not enough fights you can find online to allow a better appreciation of his skills and mettle.

More importantly, you are appraised against the level of your opponent.

Who was Manny Pacquiao before his first fight against Barrera?

We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

i used to follow glenn donaire, who i thought was going to be a big star together with randy suico, a very promising lightweight. they made it up the rankings until then they ran into quality opponents at the title fight level: glenn was pitted against vic darchinyan for the IBF flyweight title, while suico faced juan diaz for the lightweight title. glenn lost via 6th round TKO, randy via a 12-round battering at the hands of the baby bull.

when later nonito got his chance to fight darchinyan, the subplot was all there--a young boxer wishing to avenge his elder brother's loss, a menacing fighter looking forward to annex another KO win on the other donaire. lo and behold, the unexpected happened. that's when i started following nonito donaire. good thing it's always on cable TV.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    i used to follow glenn donaire, who i thought was going to be a big star together with randy suico, a very promising lightweight. they made it up the rankings until then they ran into quality opponents at the title fight level: glenn was pitted against vic darchinyan for the IBF flyweight title, while suico faced juan diaz for the lightweight title. glenn lost via 6th round TKO, randy via a 12-round battering at the hands of the baby bull.

when later nonito got his chance to fight darchinyan, the subplot was all there--a young boxer wishing to avenge his elder brother's loss, a menacing fighter looking forward to annex another KO win on the other donaire. lo and behold, the unexpected happened. that's when i started following nonito donaire. good thing it's always on cable TV.
    Kid, I think this is the fight where the cocky Darchinyan broke Glenn's jaw. I actually wanted Nonito to have a rematch with Darchinyan because Nonito must break Darchinyan's jaw, left and right side, to make things even. Ok ok, kaliwa lang pala ang malakas kay Nonito. Kaya mahirap yung parehong panga. ;D

Donaire foe to get plastic surgery
    By Jojo Malig, abs-cbnNEWS.com
    Posted at 02/21/2011 8:55 PM | Updated as of 02/22/2011 3:16 PM

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/02...lastic-surgery

MANILA, Philippines - Former Mexican bantamweight champion Fernando Montiel will have to undergo plastic surgery after his fight last Sunday against Nonito "The Filipino Flash" Donaire.

Montiel, who kissed the canvas in the second round of their bout, reportedly had a hairline fracture and deep dent in the cheekbone where Donaire’s powerful left hook connected.

Donaire confirmed the report in his Facebook account.

“I want to give up 2 things to God: my win last night and also Montiel’s speedy recovery for his zygomatic bone fracture and reconstructive surgery. In both moments, only He can help us,” he said.

In an interview with TV Patrol Monday night, Donaire said the counter left hook that landed on Montiel was the “biggest and hardest punch” that he has ever made in his career so far.

“Ang ginawa ko lang ay i-set up iyung punch….proper balance, proper speed,” said Donaire, who is now seen by analysts as boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao’s heir apparent.

He said his left hand hurts. “Actually, sumasakit ito eh. Na-feel ko it’s swelling.”

Donaire, now World Boxing Council and World Boxing Organization bantamweight champion, said he did not expect his opponent to get up from the blow.

“Akala ko, hindi na tatayo si Montiel, but being a champion that he is, it was a normal reaction niya na to stand up and be proud of who he is.”

Donaire said the victory has yet to fully sink in. “Parang panaginip pa rin. Hindi ko alam kung anong masasabi ko.”

He said he does not know yet who his next opponent is. “It’s more of the negotiation process muna. That’s up to Top Rank and my manager.”

He, however, said he wants to unify all the belts in the bantamweight division first. “Sana bigyan nila ako ng pagkakataon na maging undisputed champion.”
    Always remember that you are unique--just like everyone else.

Before:

After:

yayukinana. That is one disturbing visual. Mabuti hindi nag pop out mata ni montiel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast