twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Donaire vs. Montiel

Share/Bookmark

Donaire vs. Montiel

This is Nonito's biggest chance and his ticket to more big time fight. Both are big punchers and intelligent fighters. This has fight of the year candidate written all over it.

Re: Donaire vs. Montiel

Eto mga Sirs magandang laban din. Actually magandang i-train ng maayos si Nonito because of his height and length. Kung mahawakan siya ng isang Freddie Roach halimbawa, tingin ko malayo mararating ni Nonito. I agree with you easter, this could well-define Nonito's career & he should take this fight by heart. I just have this gut feel na after ni Pacquiao, Nonito will & can be Philippines' next big thing sa boxing.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

two technically cohesive fighters will be squaring off here. one is tempted to say that this is going to be a snoozefest in the vein of a fantasy fight between floyd junior and pernell whittaker. however, unlike the latter two, both donaire and fernado montiel are also known to mix it up and throw haymakers along the way.

in this fight, i see montiel pressing the issue and donaire countering with his quick left hooks. nonito will get into trouble once montiel gets inside and throws his feared body blows. what's more, montiel will try to make sure that as a proud mexican, he will not lose to a filipino fighter. masyado na silang nababalagoong dahil kay pacquiao.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    masyado na silang nababalagoong dahil kay pacquiao.
    super like...

the filipino flash made short work of his opponent fernando montiel with a vicious left hook counterblow in the second round, sending him hard to the canvas. even after beating the count, montiel was clearly out of it when it was visible that he was still feeling his legs out. donaire finished him off by cornering the mexican champion and then unleashing a two-punch flurry, prompting the referee to put an end to the fight.

congrats to donaire!
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

the bout was over in a Flash.

congratulations to Nonito Donaire. mabuhay Pilipinas!
    What you grinning at Pyscho?

And Montiel look liked a headless chicken sprawled on the floor. Kickin' his legs while lying down helpless. ;D
    Donaire is just too big a fellow to stay on and fight at 118 lbs. He will have to go up.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Para sa mga hindi pa nakakapanood:

Donaire vs. Montiel

Best left hook in the world KTFO another victim! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by fujima04
    Para sa mga hindi pa nakakapanood:

Donaire vs. Montiel
    Best left hook in the world feat. Fernando Montiel:

Best left hook in the world feat. Vic Darchinyan: