twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao vs. Mosley

Share/Bookmark

Re: Pacquiao vs. Mosley

liev schreiber as voiceover of 24/7 already trumps the entire fight camp 360 series.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

^ so that was lieve schrieber. never knew it was him. but i agree that hbo 24/7 was more captivating than the present fight camp 360. fight camp 360 is more in-depth boxing wise, better for the hardcore boxing fan. but 24/7 had so much more stuff that had nothing to do with boxing - here is freddy roach drinking coffee, here is robert garcia going to the store, here is manny with senator reid, here is ricky hatton's son who loves football, ... - which makes it so much more interesting.

Pre-fight mini-series like 24/7 and "360" were supposed to woo the public to buy access to these fights shown only on premium cable (Ka-ching! Ka-ching!). With the sudden surge in public interest in boxing and the "threat" that the major networks are wooing these fights back to network television just like in the old days, you kinda wonder if we'll be seeing more of these shows in the future. Boxing back at the major networks would be an advertisers' nirvana! Parang Super Bowl on a smaller scale. No need to make such elaborate pre-fight series as advertisers would beat a path to your door. Yun lang nga, you'll have 3-minute rounds with 10-minute ads space in between (specially those protracted TKO fights) to satisfy network contractual obligations. Anyone old enough to remember those fights would have second thoughts about boxing back at network television.

I agree "360" seemed to be geared more to the hardcore boxing fan and just lets the protagonists and their posse do the talking (ang laking tipid nila sa voice-over ). Yung 24/7 naman caters more to the human interest side of boxing, and shows fighters to be no different from Joe Blow and his ilk. In short, pang "That's Entertainment".

The match (except for Pac's 3rd round KO of Shane and the controversial k.o. called by Kenny Bayless against Pac) was Pacman-Clottey 2.0 all over again. Shame Mosley didn't want to engage with Pac after that 3rd round KO. He was basically on survival mode the rest of the match.
    "Every person must, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties, act with justice, give everyone his due, and observe honesty and good faith."

this is what i originally said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    ... mosley is a shot fighter who looked his age against floydie. he will give it his all until the 4th round, even try to knock manny out, and that's about it. when the bell for the 5th round rings, you can be sure that shane mosley will do everything in his power to end the fight standing on two legs.
    well, nothing much manny could do after shane refused to trade punches and ran away at every turn. from hereon, this fight will go down in history as the "sometimes when we touch" match ;D

by the way, tigerman, it's a knockdown or KD for short. a knockout is when you fail to beat the count, like when pacquiao hammered ricky hatton or nonito donaire clobbered vic darchinyan.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

KC, salamat sa correction.

But wait there's more, nanood na naman si JMM ng match ni Manny. Kating-kati talaga. ;D
    "Every person must, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties, act with justice, give everyone his due, and observe honesty and good faith."

JMM and Manny supposedly talked backstage after the weigh-in last Friday. IMHO their third bout, if it does push through in November, is around two years too late.
    People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by pio_valenz
    JMM and Manny supposedly talked backstage after the weigh-in last Friday. IMHO their third bout, if it does push through in November, is around two years too late.
    and it wouldn't be fought in the weight division that JMM last fought him. . . .I think this time Manny will convincingly win that is IF this fight happens!
    I-shoot mo, i-shoot mo, i- shoot mo pa ang ball. ang sarap mag Basketball - Viva Hot Babes

what's embarrassing is that sugar shane was actually challenging for manny title so he should have been the aggressor. you don't fight that passively if you're the challenger.

i also felt that manny carried mosley in the middle rounds. he could have pressed harder for an early stoppage but didn't do so to give the fans a longer fight.

masterful performance, as usual, by manny but perform like that vs floyd and he'll lose by wide UD. floyd will run away like shane did but floyd is much slicker, quicker and a better counterpuncher than shane by far. manny should figure out how to get more power punches thru tight defenses, anticipate where floyd will run and do a better job at cutting off the ring.

And once again, Bob Arum suckered a lot of paying fans by making them believe his promotional hype and shell out lots of money for admission. :P

With a possible third fight with JMM looming in the distance, I am once more reminded of a famous actress-turned politician's retort:

"It's not my fault anymore, it's your fault anymore." :P
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast