twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao vs. Mosley

Share/Bookmark

Re: Pacquiao vs. Mosley

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    for me, it's sergio martinez who poses the biggest challenge to pacquiao.
    Eto Boss mukhang agree ako dito. Same weight class ba sila ni Pacman? I think mas mataas weight class ni Sergio. Middleweight ata si Sergio if I am not mistaken.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

Quote Originally Posted by bigfreeze_bibby
    for me, it's sergio martinez who poses the biggest challenge to pacquiao.
    Eto Boss mukhang agree ako dito. Same weight class ba sila ni Pacman? I think mas mataas weight class ni Sergio. Middleweight ata si Sergio if I am not mistaken.
    Sir bibby, Martinez is 2 weight classes ahead of Pacquiao. He is a middleweight while Pacman is a welterweight. I agree with Cubao, Martinez is actually the person who has the biggest chance to beat and even KO Pacquiao right now. They (Pacman's handlers) say Martinez is way too big but I see them fighting down the road if both fighters continue to be successful and Martinez doesn't go up in weight anymore.

Kung buhay pa si Edwin Valero (RIP), malamang sila ni Pacquiao ang mag tutuos since both fighters are from the same stable.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

the good thing is that sergio martinez has expressed his willingness to go down in weight to fight manny. he understood, more than any fighter out there, that it was manny who cemented his legendary status by moving up in weight to fight the best ones at the heavier decisions, so he said this time, it'll be him who will undertake the weight adjustment. that's what scuttled the pacquiao-JMM exploratory talks--si el dinamita pa ang nag-de-demand na bumaba sa 135 pounds si manny, which pacquiao took as a crude insult.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

si el dinamita pa ang nag-de-demand na bumaba sa 135 pounds si manny, which pacquiao took as a crude insult.
    Not only that, JMM also demanded double the guaranteed money as compared to his fight with Floyd. Minsan iniisip ko tuloy maybe JMM reality don't want to fight Pacman anymore. Baka pang press release na lang eh. He was the one aching for a fight (one could say that it is the lone motivation for his career at this point) and yet when he got the chance he demanded too many things.

With the money considerations, puede pang makalusot pero yung hamunin mo si Pacman to go down on weight para magkatuos kayo e sampal nga yun sa mukha ni Pacman. Kung siya ang nanghamon (referring to JMM) e di dapat sa tingin ko siya ang umangat ng timbang. Napakalaking kalokohan naman ang inaasam ni JMM. With that, I think he'll get a shot with Pacman in his dreams forever.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

^^ andre berto strung up his undefeated record against doorknobs and bathroom fixtures. he is still largely unknown outside boxing circles save for the fact that he backed out of the sugar shane fight to search for surviving relatives in port-au-prince after the earthquake tragedy (although there are loud whispers that he was actually paid to "step aside" for floyd junior kasi nga matumal ang bentahan ng mosley-berto fight.)

that being said, i'm still not sure about the wisdom of a mosley vs pacquiao matchup. mosley is a shot fighter who looked his age against floydie. he will give it his all until the 4th round, even try to knock manny out, and that's about it. when the bell for the 5th round rings, you can be sure that shane mosley will do everything in his power to end the fight standing on two legs.

but don't give too much credit to berto--he's not even in the same class as miguel cotto or even ricardo mayorga, the chain-smoking nicaraguan and former welterweight and junior middleweight title holder who recently un-retired at age 37. for me, it's sergio martinez who poses the biggest challenge to pacquiao.
    i don't understand either why pacquiao has to "prove" himself against guys like berto or tim bradley or devon alexander. it's pac who's already proven himself by rising up in weight and taking on the biggest and baddest in each division. 13 out of pac's last 15 fights were against current or former world champions including multiple division champs and future HOFers dela hoya, barrera, morales and marquez. all in all he's fought against 15 different world champs. in contrast berto has fought against 3 - collazo, urango and quintana. and these 3 lost their titles in their first title defense, so they're not really high quality champions like the fighters manny faced. put him in the ring vs pac now and he could get seriously damaged.

this time, im praying doubly hard for a Mosley win...

or ill act like Barney for the next 3 days after the fight..

Down with Money Pakyaw!!!!
    Everything's Eventual

^^ thanks for officially jinxing shane mosley ;D
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Have you guys seen Fight Camp 360: Showtime's answer to HBO's 24/7?

Boriiiiiiiiiiing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast