twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao vs. Mosley

Share/Bookmark

Pacquiao vs. Mosley

Some people say that Mosley will not do good in this fight but don't believe everything you read out there. There was a reason Mosley did not perform well in the last two fights, Mayweather and Mora ran away from him that is why there wasn't too much action. Mosley is a slam bang fighter just like Cotto and Margarito so his fight with the Pacman will be fun to watch.

I believe Berto, Marquez and even Sergio Martinez will be future fights down the line it is not just happening now so people should not be upset. Hindi naman pwedeng labanan ni Pacman ng sabay sabay yan ;D. Mosley is the priority now because he is the bigger draw among them and they want to fight him (a boxing legend) before he retires.

This fight also gives a hint to Marquez and possibly Berto on how to get a fight with Pacquiao. Leave GBP just like what Mosley did by becoming a freelancer since Arum and the Pacman doesn't want to do business with Dela Hoya unless it is Mayweather.

As for Mayweather, we may never see this fight materialize.

Re: Pacquiao vs. Mosley

Among the three fighters from Berto, Marquez and Mosley that were being considered for Pacquiao's next fight, Mosley stands out from the rest primarily because he attracts more money than the others.

From what I read from the news last night the catch weight for the May bout against Mosley will be 147 lbs.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

I think 147 is not a catch weight but is the actual weight limit for the Welterweight title. Pacman may not hang on to the Super welterweight belt since the division is just too heavy for him.

Mga Bossing, I just don't see Mosley standing a chance against Pacquiao's speed. Kahit na magtayuan pa silang dalawa and the match goes into a slugfest, wala pang papantay sa hand speed ni Pacman. Ibang klase talaga e. I expect the same (or better) hand speed that the Pacman showed dun sa laban nila ni Margarito, and if this happens, bagsak na si Mosley ng mga 5th round siguro.

For this match, si Pacquiao lang ang puedeng tumalo sa sarili niya. Kung hindi siya mag-train or magpabaya siya, dun siya matatalo pero if he takes this seriously, another walk in the park for the Pacman, next opponent please na ang usapan dito. There's no way that Mosley will beat Pacman, unless mandaya siya.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

Quote Originally Posted by bigfreeze_bibby
    Mga Bossing, I just don't see Mosley standing a chance against Pacquiao's speed. Kahit na magtayuan pa silang dalawa and the match goes into a slugfest, wala pang papantay sa hand speed ni Pacman. Ibang klase talaga e.
    I agree sir but who could stand to the Pacman in this day and age? Floyd could match the speed but will be overwhelmed by the power. In this weight Marquez will not be able to handle the onslaught of more powerful punches from a heavier Pacman. Sergio Martinez meanwhile might survive the power but what about the speed?

Quote Originally Posted by easter
    I agree sir but who could stand to the Pacman in this day and age? Floyd could match the speed but will be overwhelmed by the power. In this weight Marquez will not be able to handle the onslaught of more powerful punches from a heavier Pacman. Sergio Martinez meanwhile might survive the power but what about the speed?
    Yep. Mukhang wala nang mailaban na iba e hehe. Siguro ang mindset na lang dito e lumaban na lang siya kesa naman maging rusty kung sakaling matuloy man ang laban nila ni Mayweather in the distant future. Distant because as we all know mahaba-haba pa ang laban ni Pretty Boy Floyd sa korte because of his legal issues. Mukhang hindi na nga ata matutuloy laban nila ni Pacman hehe.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

Pwede rin natin sabihin psycological tactic ni Pacman yan against Floyd. Doing better than what Floyd did against Dela Hoya, Hatton and soon Mosley.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

^Psychological and historical tactic din just in case di talaga lumaban si Floyd. Historians will be content in comparing them and the point of reference will undoubtedly be their common opponents.

I never like the way they choose Mosley as an opponent for Pacquiao, para compare nalang ng common opponents for the guy (Mayweather) who doesnt want to fight him, Bob Arum is destroying Pacman's reputation on taking a Seniors Tour (Shane turns 40 next year), I believe Andre Berto is far more deserving, pera nalang habol ni Mosley, I dont think its not even worth calling this a super match up, while in Boxing, possible ang upsets, pag natalo si Pacquiao, does anyone think Mosley will be put at number 1? kung si Berto, Pac will be up against a young, undefeated guy, motivated to put himself in the pound for pound rankings.

^^ andre berto strung up his undefeated record against doorknobs and bathroom fixtures. he is still largely unknown outside boxing circles save for the fact that he backed out of the sugar shane fight to search for surviving relatives in port-au-prince after the earthquake tragedy (although there are loud whispers that he was actually paid to "step aside" for floyd junior kasi nga matumal ang bentahan ng mosley-berto fight.)

that being said, i'm still not sure about the wisdom of a mosley vs pacquiao matchup. mosley is a shot fighter who looked his age against floydie. he will give it his all until the 4th round, even try to knock manny out, and that's about it. when the bell for the 5th round rings, you can be sure that shane mosley will do everything in his power to end the fight standing on two legs.

but don't give too much credit to berto--he's not even in the same class as miguel cotto or even ricardo mayorga, the chain-smoking nicaraguan and former welterweight and junior middleweight title holder who recently un-retired at age 37. for me, it's sergio martinez who poses the biggest challenge to pacquiao.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast