twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mapua Cardinals on to Season 87: Off-season + Recruits

Share/Bookmark

Mapua Cardinals on to Season 87: Off-season + Recruits

Now that the 86th season of the NCAA has ended, let's look forward to next year's college season. In this thread, let's talk about the off-season leagues wherein they compete (FMC, NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE, FILOIL). Recruits will also be discussed. But before that, let's assess our team's performance in Season 86.

SEASON 86 STAT SHEET OF THE MAPUA CARDINALS
    Credits to NCAA.ORG.PH

TEAM STATS

PLAYER STATS

GAME RESULTS

Three players namely Macky Acosta, TG Guillermo, and Erwin Cornejo have played their final season for the team. These three combine for 28 points in every game, almost half of the team's total scoring output. Average rebounds of the three combined is 11 which is roughly 25% of the total rebounding output of the team.

Key returnees for the Cardinals next year are Jonathan Banal, Mark Sarangay, Allan Mangahas, Jason Pascual, Mike Parala, Ellison Maniego, Rodel Ranises, and Andretti Stevens (ACL injury, a bit doubtful of his stint next year). Rookies Raphael Layug, Kenneth Ighalo, and Raymark Cabrera will also be returning next year. Narr Garay, one of the 4 rookies is out of the team.

Cheers!

Re: Mapua Cardinals on to Season 87: Off-season + Recruits

bhinov, who are the new recruits for Season 87? Kahit codenames lang. ;D
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat

There are 2 Visayan forwards in our Team B, both stands 6'4. One is like a poor man's version of Hugnatan and the other is an athletic role player. Hopefully, the other two Visayan shooters play next year. They could've cracked in our lineup this season if not for their leg injuries. Also, a 6'2 forward of Visayan roots will also play next year, i heard that he's the replacement of Erwin Cornejo. He's bulkier and much more athletic than Cornejo and has above average shooting. Puro Bisaya no? hekhek

Of course there is Yousef Taha, a 6'7 Power Forward and a 6'3 point forward from the States.

I believe there are 4-5 slots available... Di ko lang alam kung paano isisiksik ni Coach Chito itong mga batang ito sa team niya. For sure may ma-relegate sa team B.

May I ask if Xcel is one of those Bisaya boys you are refering to? Is he being considered?

Quote Originally Posted by bhinov

There are 2 Visayan forwards in our Team B, both stands 6'4. One is like a poor man's version of Hugnatan and the other is an athletic role player. Hopefully, the other two Visayan shooters play next year. They could've cracked in our lineup this season if not for their leg injuries. Also, a 6'2 forward of Visayan roots will also play next year, i heard that he's the replacement of Erwin Cornejo. He's bulkier and much more athletic than Cornejo and has above average shooting. Puro Bisaya no? hekhek

Of course there is Yousef Taha, a 6'7 Power Forward and a 6'3 point forward from the States.

I believe there are 4-5 slots available... Di ko lang alam kung paano isisiksik ni Coach Chito itong mga batang ito sa team niya. For sure may ma-relegate sa team B.
    Si Wilson ba yung point forward that you are referring to?
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by bhinov

Si Wilson ba yung point forward that you are referring to?
    Hinde, wala na si Wilson sa Mapua.

Quote Originally Posted by naz-T
    May I ask if Xcel is one of those Bisaya boys you are refering to? Is he being considered?
    No. The one you're referring to is Nico Nocos right? I'm not that sure if he can get to Team A. The ones i've posted were the most impressive in the FMC and in their practices. Pero kita ko naman masipag yun sa practice at mukhang may potential.

bro bhinov, hindi pa confirm na out si garay sa team. may nagsabi na wala na siya or nag quit...may nagsabi naman na andyan pa.

Season 87 depth chart

C - Sarangay / Parala / ???
    PF - Pascual / ??? / Layug
    SF - Ighalo / ??? / ???
    SG - Mangahas / Ranises / Maniego
    PG - Banal / Cabrera / *Stevens*

??? - Vacant slots

Around 4 vacant slots if Garay is confirmed out, Stevens being doubtful next year will lead to 5 slots...

Possible replacements

1) Yousef Taha - Shoo-in
    2) 6'4 Bisaya #1 ;D
    3) 6'4 Bisaya #2 :D
    4) Jumiel Chien - Where is he? nasa Team B pa ba? magaling to,sayang kung hindi maline up
    5) Lamosa - nasa team B pa din ba?
    6) 6'3 Point Forward

Add ka pa bro Bhinov kung sino pa nasa Pipeline eto lang alam ko sa ngaun

Quote Originally Posted by st_ang3r
    bro bhinov, hindi pa confirm na out si garay sa team. may nagsabi na wala na siya or nag quit...may nagsabi naman na andyan pa.
    Salamat sa info bro, pinsan siya ng teammate mo dati di ba? Ang sabi kasi sa akin ni Allan eh nagquit na yung bata.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast