twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: CSB Team B

Share/Bookmark

Re: CSB Team B

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    JP Taha (strong and athletic 6-foot swingman), Rob Bartolo (6'5" center-forward) and the Frizowski (?) boy (6'4" forward) should be able to help right away come NCAA Season 87.

Jerico De Guzman, after all these years, all these teams, is still a 6'10" project wh does not scare anyone.

5'7" pointguard Anton Altamirano is not a star-type PG, and will play behind and alongside Luis Sinco throughout their careers together.
    Bartolo hardly played while he was in San Sebastian. This kid had nice footwork in high school. He is the finese type who plays in control. I hope he gets to bulk up a bit and get enough playing time.

^ Brod, you should see Bartolo now, looks like a legit 220 pounds of muscle, strong and tough, bangs and bashes in the paint and battles for rebounds, even developed some instinct for the blocks now, should be a solid 5/4 for the Blazers come Season 87.

I also like the Frizowski boy (somebody please tell me if I got this surname correctly, I think the first name is "Tyler"), another solidly built 6'4" big man, still needs developmental work with holding position and working the low post but shows up in and around the rebounds, knows how to get his own opportunities off the offensive glass.

JP Taha will surprise a lot of people in Season 87, although my concern is if he can play with another high-scoring, mega-athlete 2-guard in Carlo Lastimosa. Taha is taller and looks way stronger than Lasti, but I like Lasti more as a thinking player, knows how to get better opportunities compared to Taha who wants to either ram through or jump over everybody.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

There is another player, a kid who was lined up by FEU two seasons ago I think, I'm sure he played at least one UAAP season for FEU, about 6'2", plays more 3 than 2, not really a star type but can hold his own.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

I also like the Frizowski boy (somebody please tell me if I got this surname correctly, I think the first name is "Tyler"), another solidly built 6'4" big man, still needs developmental work with holding position and working the low post but shows up in and around the rebounds, knows how to get his own opportunities off the offensive glass.
    Brother Joe, Tyler Fikowski yung name niya.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

There is another player, a kid who was lined up by FEU two seasons ago I think, I'm sure he played at least one UAAP season for FEU, about 6'2", plays more 3 than 2, not really a star type but can hold his own.

mark romero...

^ Brod, you should see Bartolo now, looks like a legit 220 pounds of muscle, strong and tough, bangs and bashes in the paint and battles for rebounds, even developed some instinct for the blocks now, should be a solid 5/4 for the Blazers come Season 87.
    Oh great... juszt great. WE had a shot at this kid, I brought his PG teammate and very good friend from the province but was not asked to come back for try out. If the kid stayed with us Im sure we could have gotten Bartolo after his failed SSC stint

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE HORSE
    Why not look what is happening in high school basketball. Zobel has been raiding the players of LSGH. One of the star players of Zobel this year previously played for LSGH. Next season will be worse. Zobel recruited 5 of the players responsible for LSGH making the finals of PAYA or was it Passarelle. They are now doing their residency.
    nope it is not correct to say that DLSZ raided LSGH. Just before the opening of classes this present school year, the parents of these players wanted out of Greenhills, they were claiming of favoritism by the present Coaching Staff and that there were players that does not deserve to be in the NCAA line-up and even if they are younger than those at that team, they feel the championships they have gotten at PAYA and Passarelle is good enough basis for them to be in the team. They actually asked for my help if they could transfer to San Beda-Taytay and I actually talked to Coach Britt Reroma. But he was only interested in one or two from the said players, even though the boys are talented Coach Britt has already players in the San Beda program who could also play their position with the same efficiency. We at San Beda put loyalty into big consideration. Even if we already convinced Coach Britt to take a close look at all 5 players and give them a tryout. The parents were determined to keep their group intact as they prefer a package deal for all five players, so I endorsed said 5 players to Coach Boris Aldeguer of De La Salle Zobel, had a tryout scheduled at Alabang, they passed his criterion and has now served their residency.

This is not the first time a mutiny of players had happened at La Salle Greenhills. Remember LA Revila, Anton Altamirano. Nico Salva, Tommy Babilonia and Leeward Lobaton one by one left the Greenies and transferred to far-away San Beda-Taytay, a teammate of theirs Vince Fran did not transfer out of LSGH but he did the next worse thing as Fran refused to play for the NCAA team when he was asked to and was just contented in remaining with the aspirants group.

Am sorry but I feel La Salle Greenhills must do something with their People's skills, San Beda-Taytay and Ateneo High School had groomed kids from grade school and they established a big pool of promising players but whoever were the choice of the Coaching Staff to make the Basketball Teams are respected and was not questioned. Even though there might be recommendations from former players, alumni, administrators, faculty and even financial supporters, everybody needs to tryout and prove himself to be worthy of a spot. Just look at a high profile transferee at Taytay, even if he is the son of Alvin Patrimonio, he failed to impress then Coach Ato Badolato so he was not given a slot. But look at Nap Miranda, even though he only has one hand, he worked his butt into the Red Cubs NCAA Team. Nap has already transferred to LSGH and was actually a key contributor in their SBP Champion Team but despite proving himself in the Semifinal game vs a San Beda team by pulling down crucial boards and sinking critical free throws for the win a few months after that victory, Nap found himself cast out of the team in favor of a couple of others who didn’t do as well as him not just athletically but also academically. He moved back to San Beda where the familiar home confines served as the perfect tonic to his damaged confidence. As a 6’1” forward, he cracked the Passarelle starting five, won the MVP Award in a league in Antipolo City, and won the Junior NBA 2-Ball Challenge as a high school sophomore. Now he helped San Beda win its back-to-back NCAA Juniors Championship. Too bad for LSGH Junior Blazers, they already have a gem of a player and they did not treat him well.

Quote Originally Posted by nardy
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE HORSE
    Why not look what is happening in high school basketball. Zobel has been raiding the players of LSGH. One of the star players of Zobel this year previously played for LSGH. Next season will be worse. Zobel recruited 5 of the players responsible for LSGH making the finals of PAYA or was it Passarelle. They are now doing their residency.
    The parents were determined to keep their group intact as they prefer a package deal for all five players, so I endorsed said 5 players to Coach Boris Aldeguer of De La Salle Zobel, had a tryout scheduled at Alabang, they passed his criterion and has now served their residency.
    Funny you should mention "loyalty". One of the "star" players came knocking at the door of AHS together with his father and presented the credentials of the son. The said "duo" sought out the help of Gameface regulars hoping to connect with coach Jamike Jarin. Former king eagle, Jimmy Alabanza, was the final conduit for the tryout. During the whole process, the family made it known that there was a scholarship offer from Zobel. The family never said anything about a package deal for all of the players. The tryout was only for one player period. In the end, the player decided to accept the sure thing package deal offer from Zobel rather than the ambivalent reception from the Katipunan school administrators for the lone player.

LSGH was the sole loser in this novela as the basketball program keeps imploding every couple of years. One would think that they learned their lesson when Altamirano, Salva and company bolted one by one for SBC.

Gentlemen, this thread is for St Benilde Team B, I think you can take that Zobel-Greenhills discussion to the Greenies thread in this same forum.

Speaking of Benilde B, who is coaching this team, is it also Richard Del Rosario?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast