twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Etymology of Jeers

Share/Bookmark

Re: The Etymology of Jeers

ayos inuman. ;D kelan yan? first week of october probably, along mendiola?

I'm looking forward to the powwow too Mon. Dan make time for our group in your upcoming visit.

Can't wait to light my stogie. Perhaps tonight @ Frank Reyes' abode with the rest of my classmates. They are playing their last game in the ADM Alumni League tonight. Frank invited the whole class for sub-zero SMB and roast beef, and the usual potluck in these powwows.

Funny, our class is in celebration mode tonight for they won 2 games in this ADM league. A great feat for us, 51ers. We average only one victory per season in our alumni league since 2002, and this was always over MonL's batch and the past two years against Alexer's

Apologies for the OT. I can't help but rib my brothers

I once came across a particularly disgusting jeer against UST.

It goes... U.S.T. = U*** Sabay T**

Sino kaya nagpauso nun?

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust
    Funny, our class is in celebration mode tonight for they won 2 games in this ADM league. A great feat for us, 51ers. We average only one victory per season in our alumni league since 2002, and this was always over MonL's batch and the past two years against Alexer's

sabi sayo magagalang sa seniors ang batch namin- ganyan talaga kame kabait, kuya...we respect seniority and even your moments..

on topic: i hope we can read more from our other friends here in gameface.
    Our fellowship will never cease!
    ANIMO SAN BEDA!

Quote Originally Posted by mangtsito

Sino kaya nagpauso nun?
    that is a particularly old one, i would imagine. i heard it first from a late uncle of mine back in the 70s, and i presume it must have been going around even during his days as a student.

two of his daughters went to UST later, though . the older of the two finished medicine there while the younger finished an undergrad degree that she parlayed into a pre-law course.
    When a religious scheme is shattered (as Christianity was shattered at the Reformation), it is not merely the vices that are let loose. The vices are, indeed, let loose, and they wander and do damage. But the virtues are let loose also. - G.K.Chesterton, Orthodoxy
    Dominus vobiscum

pasingit lang ha.

about about the jeer sa baste. it goes something like this:

"Poging Baste, haba T_T_!"

san or paano nagsimula yung jeer na ito?

^ its not a jeer; its their own crass cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafiboy_05
    pasingit lang ha.

about about the jeer sa baste. it goes something like this:

"Poging Baste, haba T_T_!"

san or paano nagsimula yung jeer na ito?
    Razor is correct. It's not a jeer, pareng Rafi. That's part of the unofficial fight song of Baste taken from La Salle (La Salle borrowed the tune "When the Saints Come Marching In").

The cheerleaders of baste would lead us into singing that song while pretending to stop us by waving their hands all at the same time.

I am a Bedan who also studied in Baste and La Salle that's why I know. Take note, Bedista ako.

COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

Quote Originally Posted by lekiboy

on topic: i hope we can read more from our other friends here in gameface.
    OO nga naman.

People might find it strange that we are able to discuss Bedan jeers ourselves. Our strength, our courage, comes from the Bedan Fellowship. Our pride is rooted in our camaraderie and not merely on the success of the institution.

Kaya kahit anong ibato sa San Beda, hindi naman talaga tinatamaan ang samahang Bedista.

COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep
    Quote Originally Posted by mangtsito

Sino kaya nagpauso nun?
    that is a particularly old one, i would imagine. i heard it first from a late uncle of mine back in the 70s, and i presume it must have been going around even during his days as a student.
    I heard it back in the early 1980s, from an older cousin who studied in UST. Tama, even during that time, luma na yun to the point na wala nang epekto sa kanila.

I wonder if the FEU = "For Ever Useless" jeer is just as old

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast