twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Etymology of Jeers

Share/Bookmark

The Etymology of Jeers

Only in gameface.

Beda Tulo Laway?

- tulo laway daw Bedista sa mga babaeng grasa. In your dreams. Tumutulo lang laway namin NOON sa Assumptionista, Kulasa, Holy Mamaw. Maryknoll at maging St. Theresa's. :D

- this is actually a RACIAL SLUR from the point of view of San Sebastian during the 80s. The huge Chinese students in San Beda in contrast to the prevalent noyps in Baste make a good snapshot of pinoy bigotry. The jeer was originally longer. "Beho Beho Beho...Beda Tulo Laway...Beda Tulo Laway..."

It was common for Baste and the other schools to shout "Intsik beho" whenever there are Bedans. Sociologically, this was more of an attempt to go back in time when the locals look down on the Chinese in the country. In reality, it was more of bitterness over the stature of that small school in Mendiola.

Small school indeed since there were only 175 of us in my CAS Class of ___. ;D

Aso Pusa?

Azu Ima of course.

E yung Iskwater?

There was a time when Bedans never really answered back after the school re-entered the NCAA. They took everything in stride. They went on with their old ways, cheering in unison and singing their hymn in spite of the shit and what have you thrown by the lumpen class. E nainis na sa kabakyaan. Ayan Iskwater kayong lahat. Iskwater kasi pag-uugali sa tingin ng mga Bedista. I saw that big change from the other side of the fence before I became a Bedan. ;D

COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

Re: The Etymology of Jeers

San Beda's spoof of Ateneo's Battle Hymn of the Republic. Older Ateneans will never forget this.

Quote Originally Posted by danny

San Beda's spoof of Ateneo's Battle Hymn of the Republic. Older Ateneans will never forget this.
    Ateneo de Manila B_s_r_ro ng San Beda

Nakapulot ng mamera

Binili ng Ar_n_la!

In my Grade School years. We would sing this repeatedly....Pero na baon na yata ito sa limot ;D

Peace. Remiscing lang po ;D

Go San Beda Fight!!!

How about La Salle?

La Salle: Rektikano

Sagot sa Kabila: Kili kili

La Salle: Rektikano

Sagot sa Kabila: Kili kili
    Go San Beda Fight!!!

We should probably be circumspect in pursuing further discussions here lest long buried jeers resurrected here live again in new arenas instead of being just nostalgically reminisced. While I trust in the levelheadedness of most gameface denizens here to maintain healthy exchanges in resurrecting long lost jeers, we'll never know if these old jeers will be mined by some idiot looking for a comeback.

My two cents worth.
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

MonL may have a point. We are just discussing these with no intended malice, while others may take it in a different perspective.
    Go San Beda Fight!!!

Dan,

As you may have researched by now, the Azu Ima was subconsciously shelved by the community, in particular the cheerleaders, due to San Sebastian's jeering us with "aso - pusa". I presumed Pons like me had reservations too when we revived this again with our cheerleaders last year.

Mon is right. We might be just rekindling some "much painful" experiences we had then.

I guess I am more open to discuss the racial slur angle of the jeer against San Beda to put things in perspective. Again it is not just a simple jeer before. It was racially motivated.

It was not about the girls. It's race.

Baka atakihin sa puso ang mga kuya naming Bedista.

I suggest to close and bury the thread for all eternity. ;D

Dan, let me qualify my point. While I am comfortable at discussing jeers against us, I am uncomfortable at having to present here in gameface jeers thrown against other institutions lest my intentions be misinterpreted or such jeers be used adversely against them. And I do know a lot of them too, but I feel constrained to resurrect them for the greater good. We could probably discuss such jeers ourselves over a few beers and all some time, and I'll look forward to that. ;D
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

Game....Inuman na! ;D
    Go San Beda Fight!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast