twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Topics you want to discuss on Gameface Radio

Share/Bookmark

Topics you want to discuss on Gameface Radio

Suggest here the topics you want to be discussed on air...
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

Re: Topics you want to discuss

I was in the booth with Joe and the two guests. Our next topic is basketball rivalries, and we invited some Gameface members to join the discussion. Please feel free to post questions here about the topic and we will get to it during the broadcast.

One question I have is: What exactly makes a rivalry? How does it happen? How does it evolve? Does it ever end?

In this country we had Yco - Ysmael, Toyota - Crispa, Ginebra - Tanduay, Ateneo - San Beda, Letran - San Sebastian, and of course Ateneo - Lasalle.

How did all these come about?

For the school rivalries, is it just in the senior divisions, or does it include the juniors and (in the case of the UAAP) the women?

Does it extend to sports other than basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Miguel
    I was in the booth with Joe and the two guests. Our next topic is basketball rivalries, and we invited some Gameface members to join the discussion. Please feel free to post questions here about the topic and we will get to it during the broadcast.

One question I have is: What exactly makes a rivalry? How does it happen? How does it evolve? Does it ever end?
    One possible question: How far is "too far?" (e.g., in terms of the number of fora where a rivalry is carried - sports, politics, business; and in terms of the actions that get carried out in the name of said rivalry)
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

Re: Topics you want to discuss on Gameface Radio

Pwede po bang matalakay ninyo ang sindikato at sugal sa larong busluan? para kasing taon-taon na lang nababanggit ito pero wala namang tumatalakay.
    "Kung ayaw mong masaktan mag-chess ka na lang!"

The case for a divided collegiate league?

-the barriers for a unified league
    -the politics among schools
    -the good old tribal mentality

How about that?
    COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

Basketball(or the league itself) as an itegral component in any school's propaganda of superiority, pride and exceptionalism.

This will be interesting. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by danny

Basketball(or the league itself) as an itegral component in any school's propaganda of superiority, pride and exceptionalism.

This will be interesting. ;D
    also looking for some trend on data on increase/decrease enrollees after a winning/losing season will definitely be a great topic to discuss. I'm really curious, because it seems this is the basis on NU's grand plan of dominating the basketball scene, chalking it up to marketing expense.

I give no judgement, I'm just curious if the data can back-up the premise/theory. ;D

^^^

Yes. If I remember correctly, MVP himself subscribes to this theory.

^^^ There was a time in the 1990's when NU supposedly had as little as 4,000 enrollees in the entire school, from elementary to college, due to their poor showings in the UAAP dating back to the late-1970's.

Their immediate neighbors and UAAP competitors UE and FEU had well over 20,000 students each in just the u-belt campuses. UE wasn't even that strong then although they had Jolly Escobar and Bong Ravena in 1990-1991. This was of course the Johnny Abarrientos-Vic Pablo reign for FEU at around the same time.

Enrollment supposedly picked up after the Danny Ildefonso-Final 4 team brought NU back to (temporary) basketball relevance.

This also probably explains why under SM management NU is trying to fill the seats during UAAP games. They can go back at least two generations and not see any alumni suport for the Bulldogs. How could there be for a team with this kind of record over the last three decades? It should be interesting to see how NU develops its fan base over this new decade and with the new approach, and how the team progresses as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast