twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PBA's Best & Worst TV Commentator

Share/Bookmark

PBA's Best & Worst TV Commentator

Who do you think is the best & worst TV commentator? For me, some of the best Anchors are Mikko Halili, Richard Del Rosario, both also possessed good sense of humor, Alex Comptom, Jason Webb, Ronnie Magsanoc, & Quinito Henson are great in analyzing a game, they makes exciting games more exciting & makes supposedly boring games bearable to watch, especially the Dean Quinito Henson, dami pang pabaon na trivia, talagang ginagawa ang assignment. They makes you glued to the TV from opening jump ball down to the final buzzer.
    Mga boring ones nman are Sev Sarmenta & Andy Jao, medyo corny mga binibitawang jokes and napapatulog ka minsan talaga habang nanonood. One PBA commentator that I really miss is smokin Joe Cantada, dapat kagaya nya kinukuha sa PBA, and Last I think the ff. Commentators deserves to be in the PBA: Boom Gonzales, Jimmy Javier, Jude Turcuato (Ka boom, after every 3 pointer made in the UAAP), I think Jino Rufino could also make a good TV anchor.
    Let's face it, more fans watch PBA on TV rather than live on the stadium, so dapat lang na mga best available talent ang mga commentator na kinukuha. Peace!

Re: PBA's Best & Worst TV Commentator

may all time favorites are Joe Cantada, Joaqui Trillo (not sure if he covered the PBA, but I remember him covering the UAAP) and Jimmy Javier

Quote Originally Posted by patupup
    may all time favorites are Joe Cantada, Joaqui Trillo (not sure if he covered the PBA, but I remember him covering the UAAP) and Jimmy Javier
    Joe Cantada and Joaqui Trillo were the best tandem as far as covering the PBA games, the late Pinggoy Pengson too when he and Andy Jao were the other duo of Vintage enterprises commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by Emon74
    Quote Originally Posted by patupup
    Joe Cantada and Joaqui Trillo were the best tandem as far as covering the PBA games, the late Pinggoy Pengson too when he and Andy Jao were the other duo of Vintage enterprises commentators.
    Joaqui Trillo was more often than not at the receiving end of Smokin' Joe's barbs..... :D
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

Quote Originally Posted by celtics
    Who do you think is the best & worst TV commentator? For me, some of the best Anchors are Mikko Halili, Richard Del Rosario, both also possessed good sense of humor, Alex Comptom, Jason Webb, Ronnie Magsanoc, & Quinito Henson are great in analyzing a game, they makes exciting games more exciting & makes supposedly boring games bearable to watch, especially the Dean Quinito Henson, dami pang pabaon na trivia, talagang ginagawa ang assignment. They makes you glued to the TV from opening jump ball down to the final buzzer.
    Mga boring ones nman are Sev Sarmenta & Andy Jao, medyo corny mga binibitawang jokes and napapatulog ka minsan talaga habang nanonood. One PBA commentator that I really miss is smokin Joe Cantada, dapat kagaya nya kinukuha sa PBA, and Last I think the ff. Commentators deserves to be in the PBA: Boom Gonzales, Jimmy Javier, Jude Turcuato (Ka boom, after every 3 pointer made in the UAAP), I think Jino Rufino could also make a good TV anchor.
    Let's face it, more fans watch PBA on TV rather than live on the stadium, so dapat lang na mga best available talent ang mga commentator na kinukuha. Peace!
    For me, Sev Sarmenta is the best commentator for now.

Boom Gonzales, puwede. Pero he's under contract with ABS-CBN to do the UAAP and other sports shows for Studio 23 and Balls.

Jimmy Javier did some PBA games for Solar last year.

Jude Turcuato is now working for Fox Channels Asia.

Our very own Mico Halili. LOL.

Sandy Geronimo Gromo......remember him?he is from cebu..1 year lang cya sa PBA.
    http://www.bnbtobacco.com/

http://drenchedfitness.com/

http://porchpotty.com

10. Topex Robinson

9. Noli Eala

8. That guy who once said "He wished upon a star and came up with a handful of galaxies!" when JB Yango, then with Purefoods, made a tricky undergoal shot with a bunch f Ginebra defenders on tp of him, died of a heart attack about two decades ago.

7. Alex Compton

6. Pinggoy Pengson

5. Leo Isaac

4. Norman Black

3. Joaqui Trillo

2. Butch Maniego

1. Joe Cantada

Was D-ick Ildefonso a PBA commentator? IF he was he ought to be in this discussion as well.

I'm not that into Sev Sarmenta, always struck me as trying to be too clever with his coverage, like Mico Halili and Jason Webb.

Mico Halili and Jason Webb on Twitter lately criticizing the UAAP/NCAA for having "imports".

http://twitter.com/Jason_Webb_Phil/status/18403806404
    http://twitter.com/micohalili/status/18338407894

tsk tsk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast