twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 FIFA World Cup!

Share/Bookmark

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup!

I say scrap the Offside rule, and see the scoring improve a lot. However, looking around the forums, it looks like most of the fans are against it ...

Also, those two officials watching and implementing the offside rule can be used to referee the match instead.
    "Noynoy is Not My President!!!" at Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noynoy-Aquino-is-NOT-MY-PRESIDENT/122596721092454?ref=ts

magbabago kasi ang fundamental nature ng football if you scrap the offside rule. the size of the pitch is big, and even with 11 players to a side, it's so easy to get behind the defense because they can't realistically cover the entire field. all you need to do is park your strikers near the penalty box behind the backs all game long, and it will be reduced to a long-kicking contest from beyond midfield.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    magbabago kasi ang fundamental nature ng football if you scrap the offside rule. the size of the pitch is big, and even with 11 players to a side, it's so easy to get behind the defense because they can't realistically cover the entire field. all you need to do is park your strikers near the penalty box behind the backs all game long, and it will be reduced to a long-kicking contest from beyond midfield.
    I would suggest that perhaps FIFA try it out first, see how theory matches up in real life. Because sometimes, there are subtle factors that affect the game that were not taken into consideration but will affect the game eventually in ways not easily imagined.

Hockey used to have an Offside rule also, and there were similar fears when it was scrapped. However, it turned out well for that sport. Of course, there are fundamental differences between Hockey and Football, but at the very least, just try it out for a full season.

There will be growing pains, but I feel the game will eventually evolve to cover the loopholes, and perhaps Soccer will come out as a more exciting sport in the end.

"Noynoy is Not My President!!!" at Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noynoy-Aquino-is-NOT-MY-PRESIDENT/122596721092454?ref=ts

1. Payagan na lang ang "kick-in" in lieu of "throw-in". That way mas maraming scoring opportunity. Just as every corner kick is considered an opportunity to bring the ball near the goal and have a chance to score, ganon din ang "kick-in".

2. Gawing 2 pts yung goals kicked from outside the penalty box. Pero kung sa free kick na-score, 1 pt lang.

3. Allow more substitutions, and allow substituted players to re-enter. Here, you'll have a sustained fast paced game, mas maganda panoorin.

Pero sa dami ng purist, ewan ko kung may mababago sa rules ng larong itong.
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by oca
    1. Payagan na lang ang "kick-in" in lieu of "throw-in". That way mas maraming scoring opportunity. Just as every corner kick is considered an opportunity to bring the ball near the goal and have a chance to score, ganon din ang "kick-in".

3. Allow more substitutions, and allow substituted players to re-enter. Here, you'll have a sustained fast paced game, mas maganda panoorin.
    pabor ako sa dalawang ito. magandang pag-aralan nila sa FIFA.

dun sa ikalawa, baka sabihin nila sa basketball lang pwede ;D
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Pinapanood ko yun England -Slovenia game. Had no idea what was happening at the other group game between Algeria and USA. I know that even if Slovenia losses, if the USA doesn't win, the former advances to the rd-of-16 with England.

As the referee whistled full-time the Eng-Slv game, the English were ecstatic with the win.

Ang Slovenians, tulala.

Switched channels, clicking between CNN and BBC to get updates on the other group match. Lintek, USA scored pala during added time. That must have been one hell of a pulsating and nerve wracking game.

Seeing all the scoring opportunities the USA missed and the off-side call that was clearly not, a defeat would have made the game a lot more difficult to sell to the American public.

But to show that this game is played over 90 minutes and can be won in the 90th minute, adds another dimension similar to other favored sports. That as you can win baseball games at last at bat and football in the final drive and basketball in the last possession, this game called soccer by the Americans doesn't suck,and is as exciting and thrilling as their popular ball games.

Pagpaliwanagan lang ang mga Amerikano ano ang off-side. Lintek na off-side yan.
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

Mark your calendars/ set your alarms:

JUNE 27, 10:00 EDT

GERMANY vs ENGLAND (rd-of-16)

^And England's reward for squeaking through to the last 16 is....a date with Germany. Bakbakan ito. Wayne Rooney has to finally show up for his side to have a chance.

Ang tindi ng goal ni Donovan. I was toggling between Balls and CNN last night. I switched back to CNN expecting to see an official news item about the US being eliminated, but I was stunned to see the ticker at the bottom show USA 1, ALG 0.
    People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

The Aus-Serb games was also a good one. sayang lang talaga na natalo ang Aussies ng 4-0 against gemany kaya di sila nakapasok sa r16. I think Australia deserves the 2spot in the group than Ghana.
    I-shoot mo, i-shoot mo, i- shoot mo pa ang ball. ang sarap mag Basketball - Viva Hot Babes

Quote Originally Posted by oca
    Mark your calendars/ set your alarms:

JUNE 27, 10:00 EDT

GERMANY vs ENGLAND (rd-of-16)
    match of the decade...this match will save the world cup from the annoying vuvuzela!

ENGLAND!!!!
    Our fellowship will never cease!
    ANIMO SAN BEDA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast