twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao vs Margarito

Share/Bookmark

Re: Pacquiao vs Margarito

^^ floyd senior had the same impression when he trained ricky hatton. "it's always left straight then duck, same move every time," sabi nga ni floyd senior. you know what happened in that fight, di ba? ;D
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Two things--

1) More than the hand speed and power, it is Manny's footwork that will be crucial here. He has to be continuously moving to avoid the heavy punches from a legit super welterweight.

2) Every time Manny fights a heavier opponent we have always asked if his punches will still have the same effect. This concern is more pronounced here than ever before. Kakayanin ba ng isang suntok like in the Hatton fight? Or, it will have to be an accumulation of punches like with Cotto and Dela Hoya? If it will be through accumulation of punches, Manny's footwork will be more important, he can't gamble of taking a hit so just he can deliver his combinations. The same footwork we saw in the Cotto and Dela Hoya fight must be there.

All that talk about distractions in Manny's camp are drama meant to generate more interest for the fight. With the way the odds are, how else they can take more bets and PPV subscribers? The thing with Manny now is he is the only legit attraction and the only legit feature in his every fight. His opponents are mere props. With that, they have to create windows of opportunity for Margarito, hence they play-up those distractions kuno.

But does that not mean Margarito has no chance of winning, they just have to find ways to attract more bettors and PPV subscribers.
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by oca
    All that talk about distractions in Manny's camp are drama meant to generate more interest for the fight. With the way the odds are, how else they can take more bets and PPV subscribers? The thing with Manny now is he is the only legit attraction and the only legit feature in his every fight. His opponents are mere props. With that, they have to create windows of opportunity for Margarito, hence they play-up those distractions kuno.

But does that not mean Margarito has no chance of winning, they just have to find ways to attract more bettors and PPV subscribers.
    watching the hbo 24/7 special, i thought margarito looked real sharp in sparring. but then they introduced his primary sparring partner, a 24-yo southpaw they brought in supposedly to mimic manny's speed, style and power, a guy by the name of cleotis pendarvis. if you've never heard of him, it's because he's not worth hearing about with a record of 10(4)-3(1)-2. 4 KOs in 10 fights and they expect this guy to simulate pacquiao? a bit on the chubby side too. the other sparring partner likewise looked a bit roundish, kamukha ni willie miller.

pendarvis was also brought in by the hatton and cotto camps to prepare for pac.

in contrast, manny's sparring partners include
    - vanes martirosyan, 28(17)-0-0, a top 10 SWW contender in all 4 boxing governing bodies
    - amir khan, 23(17)-1(1)-0, reigning WBA JWW champ
    - rashad holloway, 11(5)-1-0

any other fighter would need to prepare to face any of these guys in the ring. kay manny, pang-practice lang.

^
    Cotto's camp committed the same mistake last year by bringing low quality sparring partners. We all know what happened during the fight.

To win against Pac you need to have one of the elite defenses in the world. And similar to basketball, in-game adjustments are also crucial. Cotto negated Pac's early barrage of punches by throwing left jab but when Pac resorted to counter punching, Cotto did not know what to do.
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

Quote Originally Posted by yungha
    but i won't stop garcia from reviewing more tape and becoming more confident that this'll be an easy fight. just go ahead.
    Garcia can watch all the tape he wants as long as he applies the right kind of tape on fight night

Anyway, Roach is one witty bastard! Watch the Max Kellerman interview on the web where he has Pax, Freddie, Margarito and Garcia. Roach practically silenced the talkative Margarito by keeping his responses short and direct (of course, that subdued snicker of his helped).

Pacquiao by 9th round.
    [glow=red,4,300]I can't ever understand why my team has been cursed, poisoned and condemned. When they have been tryin' every fight to win the trophy. I'm tellin' you it isn't easy--believe me![/glow]

We love 'em, We fight with 'em. Unlucky boys of Red (Warriors).

any chance manny can also beat up brandon rios? that guy's so annoying, a punkass in every sense of the word. he's also the biggest brown nose i've ever seen, he's got his head so far up margarito's ass you can't tell where he stops and margarito begins.

Margarito. Or im meatball!!!

Betting my entire Lima Bean collection for a Money Pakyaw loss.
    Everything's Eventual

do you know sites where the fight will be shown live for free?
    No one has an exclusive on opportunity. When the sun rises, it rises for everyone. - Chinese Proverbs

Punta ka sa mga barangay o gymnasium ng siyudad mo. Sigurado may libreng panood basta iboto mo ulit si mayor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast