twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pacquiao-Clottey fight thread

Share/Bookmark

Re: Pacquiao-Clottey fight thread

No idea. Baka nabigla lang ang referee at first time nya makakita ng ganung suntok. ;D
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

This fight just made me reminisce on how courageous Erik Morales is when he fought Pacquiao three times. I mean those were absolute wars, Morales never showed fear inspite of Pacquiao's onslaught. Come to think of it, the fighters who most feared Pacquiao were in the higher divisions. Delahoya quit on his stool, Cotto danced around, Clottey fought with a blanket and of course Mayweather was just all talk.

The last man who actually showed no fear to Pacquiao was Hatton. And we all now what happened to the guy.

in a recent interview, pacquiao cited miguel cotto and erik morales as the two heaviest punchers he's ever fought.

after reviewing the fight highlights on youtube, i have a suspicion that clottey retreated deep into his shell after pacquiao nailed him with a right hook in the 2nd round, the one that momentarily staggered the ghanian contender. after that, he must have realized that he would go down if he would match manny's aggression with his own aggression. which is a shame, because he's bigger, stronger, and supposedly has vaster experience fighting at the welterweight and light-middleweight divisions. what's equally shameful is that he hardly won any round against a naturally smaller guy.

thai food rules ;D
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

with the way he fought (or did not fight) manny pacquiao, joshua clottey is delighted to learn that glue companies are beating a path to his door seeking his endorsement ;D
    Always remember that you are unique--just like everyone else.

Pacquio-Clottey fight generates 700,000 PPV buys:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5022192

Not bad for a one-man show.

yup not bad. i was expecting 500-600k. mosley-mayweather though will surely draw over 1M.

if only the fight were offered exclusively on ppv in the philippines, each pac fight would draw over 1M. sa pilipinas pa lang siguro close to 1M na.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3