twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight Thread

Share/Bookmark

Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight Thread

Okay, folks, it looks like its really gonna happen. And PBF has already started the trash-talk.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...697507,00.html

Floyd Blast for Pacquiao: Mayweather Ready for 'One-Dimensional' Pac Man

Last updated: 16th November 2009

Floyd Mayweather says he is ready for a mega-money fight with Manny Pacquiao and believes the new WBO welterweight champion is "one-dimensional".

Pacquiao cemented his claim to be the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet when he stopped Miguel Cotto in Las Vegas on Sunday.

Immediately after the Pac Man's triumph at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, trainer Freddie Roach put Mayweather in the Filipino's sights.

But Mayweather has already upped the stakes ahead of any match-up, saying the Filipino lacks the variety to trouble him.

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports' Adam Smith, the American said: "The thing is with Pacquiao I don't see any versatility as a fighter; he's a good puncher but just one-dimensional."

Mayweather also believes he is on a hiding to nothing in taking on the fight and would be expected to win easily.

"I'm in a no-win situation. If I beat Manny Pacquiaodo you know what they are going to say? 'You are supposed to beat him, you are Floyd Mayweather, you are the bigger man'. If I knock him out they'll say 'you're supposed to knock him out he's been knocked out before'.

"I'm in a no-win situation and when I beat him no one is going to be surprised because he's been beaten before; whatever I do to Pacquiao has been done before - he's been beaten on three occasions. And if I knock him out I don't want the world shouting because he's been knocked out twice before.

Step Up

"The world's going to go 'wow' if Floyd Mayweather gets beaten. That's what everyone is looking to see."

Pacquiao was reticent to talk about his plans for future fights in the immediate aftermath of his victory over Cotto, saying: "My job is to fight in the ring and I think that depends on (Top Rank's Bob) Arum my promoter to negotiate that fight. I'm just going to take a vacation first and spend time with my family and have fun."

Mayweather thinks the Filipino is running scared.

"When they asked Manny Pacquiao 'would you like to fight Floyd Mayweather' he said talk to my promoter; they didn't ask your promoter they asked you, what do you want to do?

"Manny Pacquiaowas asked the same question 'do you want to fight Floyd Mayweather' three times. This is something the world is trying to force on him. If he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather all he has to do is step up to the plate."

What is certain is should the fight go ahead, both men will enjoy a bumper pay-day although publicly Mayweather has said he would only fight Pacquiao if he got the lion's share of any purse.

And should the two men meet, the man who now calls himself 'Money' knows he will be in for another cash windfall.

"If I go out and make $60-75million in one night; come on - I'm not losing."

Here's the link to the video, by the way, just to get your blood-boiling:
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=50447376001
    "Noynoy is Not My President!!!" at Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noynoy-Aquino-is-NOT-MY-PRESIDENT/122596721092454?ref=ts

Re: Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight Thread

say what you want about floyd but he's the most technically skilled and fundamentally sound boxer in the world today. he's also naturally bigger and stronger than pac. of course that's what everyone also said before pac fought diaz, oscar, hatton and cotto. but floyd is the most skilled fighter pac will ever face, a modern day sugar ray leonard. it'll be an uphill climb for manny. i don't see him getting KO'd but this is a fight he can lose widely on points as floyd is also the best defensive fighter out there. manny though is better-conditioned and still faster. floyd may match manny's speed in unloading 1-2 combinations but manny can throw 12-punch combinations like he did vs cotto and oscar. and floyd doesn't train as hard as manny which may be bad considering was gone from the sport for 2 years. manny doesn't mind getting hit, floyd hates getting hit. if manny can remain fresh in the late rounds and start tagging floyd, floyd may start making mistakes, fatigue may play a factor, and our pambansang kamao might yet pull another rabbit out of the hat.

curiously, though, betting lines opened in vegas for this proposed fight and manny supposedly opened as an 8/5 favorite.

^^ yun nga nakakatawa. di pa nag-uusap sina bob arum at richard schaefer, nagsisimula na ang betting lines. palibhasa ang dami nang atat sa laban na ito. this has got to be the most anticipated fight since oscar de la hoya vs tito trinidad in recent years.

let's see. i have a sneaking suspicion that PBF will start training a good two months before fight night, if and when it comes to pass. he's going to train like hell against pacman, because everybody knows that manny's main motivation is to wipe the smirk out of mayweather's mouth once and for all.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Quote Originally Posted by yungha
    say what you want about floyd but he's the most technically skilled and fundamentally sound boxer in the world today. he's also naturally bigger and stronger than pac. of course that's what everyone also said before pac fought diaz, oscar, hatton and cotto. but floyd is the most skilled fighter pac will ever face
    Most skilled and naturally bigger yes to that but not necessarily stronger. Cotto is way above Mayweather in strength and Manny wasn't even wobbled when he got tagged numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by Schortsanitis
    Floyd Blast for Pacquiao: Mayweather Ready for 'One-Dimensional' Pac Man

"I'm in a no-win situation. If I beat Manny Pacquiaodo you know what they are going to say? 'You are supposed to beat him, you are Floyd Mayweather, you are the bigger man'. If I knock him out they'll say 'you're supposed to knock him out he's been knocked out before'.

"I'm in a no-win situation and when I beat him no one is going to be surprised because he's been beaten before; whatever I do to Pacquiao has been done before - he's been beaten on three occasions. And if I knock him out I don't want the world shouting because he's been knocked out twice before.
    "A hero need not be undefeated. But he must be undaunted." - Andrew Bernstein

I, too, want to see that bastard PBF shut up. But that backpedalling son of an illiterate will likely beat Manny on points, just like he did with ODLH.
    "Noynoy is Not My President!!!" at Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noynoy-Aquino-is-NOT-MY-PRESIDENT/122596721092454?ref=ts

Floyd be careful of what you wish for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-4KgTA1bag

Quote Originally Posted by easter
    Floyd be careful of what you wish for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-4KgTA1bag
    wow, it took pac all of 3 seconds to dispell the notion that he's avoiding floyd. so what's floyd's next excuse?

Why not make it a winner-take-all fight with the loser getting nothing - not even a token amount to cover fight prep expenses? Everybody and his aunt knows that Gayweather is only interested in the money here because of his screw-ups with the government. Win or lose, he gets the moolah to keep the IRS hounds at bay. I'd like to hear his alibis if a winner-take-all scenario unfolds considering he'll be deeper in the hole even before the fight starts. As for Pacs, puwede niyang abonohan ang kalaban niya kung gusto niya.

PBF vs the DJs = LINK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast