twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Floyd Mayweather Jr. Thread

Share/Bookmark

Re: The Floyd Mayweather Jr. Thread

That Manny took the best punches of Cotto, and the welts on his face from the Clottey fight were also clear indicators that he got tagged-- but never buckled in either fight-- proves he can take the heavy punches at this weight.

Malinaw na walang ganong kabigat na suntok si Floyd. Malabo rin ang late knockout win over kay Manny, dahil kung conditioning ang basehan, di tatalunin si Manny.

Kung hindi kaya sa isa o dalawang patama before the middle rounds come, at di makukuha sa dulo, paano mananalo si Floyd--- puntos lang.

Eh paano mananalo sa puntos si Floyd kung pinatunayan na ni Manny sa laban niya kay Clottey na kaya niyang bumitaw ng walang tigil hanggang 12th rd? That Manny will punch with consistent volume over 12 rds, that he can score a knockout at this weight, both needs no arguing.

So, ano gagawin ni Floyd against an opponent whose punches can come in volume and has power?

But more than what Manny has and will and can do, may isang factor na paniwala ko ay magpapatalo kay Floyd.

It's an open secret, sumasakit ang kamao ni Floyd pag manipis ang gloves. Kaya kung ma-resolve man ang issue ng blood testing, susunod na matinding usapin ay gloves -- makapal o manipis.

Kung makapal, mas malabo ang k.o. win over Manny. So, puntos lang pwedeng panalo ni Floyd pag ganon.

Kung manipis, tatagal ba kamao ni Floyd ng 12 rds? Baka mid-rounds pa lang di na yan susuntok at cover na lang ang gagawin. Mananalo ka ba sa puntos sa ganyan?

We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

^ Floyd can always KO Manny with his trash talking. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by oca

So, ano gagawin ni Floyd against an opponent whose punches can come in volume and has power?
    RUN! :D
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

If Floyd insist on a "blood test", payag ba siya na kuna siya ng test for pain killers? That if tested positive on the day of the fight and immediately after the fight, he forfeits all his purse?

Or,

Meron blood test. Pero manipis na gloves ang gagamitin sa laban. Pinakamanipis allowed at this weight.

Notice how thick those gloves were in the Mayweather-Mosley fight. Hardly anyone pointed it out, but I firmly believe the Floyd camp insisted on that to protect their fighter. Take away sting from the punches of Mosley and cushion the impact on the knuckles of Floyd.
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

USADA draining blood when Mosley is about to travel to Nevada (about 200 miles from his home) is below the belt. Its a non-issue to Mayweather since he lives within Nevada and Nevada is a cab away from his gym. Maybe its just me but Mosley looked he did not have enough stamina after 4th round compared to his condition versus Cotto and Margarito fight.

I think Pac's camp is right, there should be a number of days stretch without draining blood because it could be a way of abuse to Pacquiao.
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

Quote Originally Posted by oca
    That Manny took the best punches of Cotto, and the welts on his face from the Clottey fight were also clear indicators that he got tagged-- but never buckled in either fight-- proves he can take the heavy punches at this weight.

Malinaw na walang ganong kabigat na suntok si Floyd. Malabo rin ang late knockout win over kay Manny, dahil kung conditioning ang basehan, di tatalunin si Manny.

Kung hindi kaya sa isa o dalawang patama before the middle rounds come, at di makukuha sa dulo, paano mananalo si Floyd--- puntos lang.

Eh paano mananalo sa puntos si Floyd kung pinatunayan na ni Manny sa laban niya kay Clottey na kaya niyang bumitaw ng walang tigil hanggang 12th rd? That Manny will punch with consistent volume over 12 rds, that he can score a knockout at this weight, both needs no arguing.

that's assuming that floyd will hold his ground and trade with pac. but he'll stick and jab, run, stick and jab, run, once in a while tag manny who's trying to swarm him, run again. it's not a pretty style, it's cowardly but it's enough to win rounds and ultimately win fights.

arum has done a great job in securing opponents that have been perfect for manny. you couldn't find a more willing target than david diaz. hatton couldn't dodge a punch if his life depended on it. dela hoya was slow. cotto was a brawler willing to trade. against these guys, manny's hand speed, volume punching and unique angles sucked the life out of opponents. can he do the same against an opponent unwilling to trade and always on the run?

agree with you that if floyd wins it'll be by decision. problem is, while all-out warriors like pac cringe at having to "settle" for a decision win, mayweather is perfectly ok with a points win and in fact may formulate his entire battle plan on securing a decision.

tama yan. which is why manny and coach freddie will have to learn a new technique together--the art of cutting off the ring. the general idea is to slice up the ring into four squares, with the cross (+) resulting from all eight perpendicular sides of the squares touching together at dead middle. the object of the attacker is to never allow the opponent to cross the line and occupy another square. to accomplish this, the attacker must take a step forward every time his opponent moves and at the same time mirror every movement he makes, not follow him as a dog on a leash would. to stop his lateral movement, the attacker should throw hooks or bolo punches.

a good boxer can perform the above technique in four squares, but a great boxer can see beyond four squares. for instance, the great cuban boxers like felix savon and yuriorkis gamboa can break down the four squares into four separate squares inside the original square. it's this special boxing technique that allows one to win against boxers who fight from a distance. tingin ko kayang kayang aralin ito ni manny.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Manny has developed good footwork to chase someone like Floyd. Many can train and always train to build stamina to fight 12 rds. Floyd hasn't been chased and punched relentlessly for 12 rds.

Tagilid lang si Manny if Floyd will make himself fit to run around and jab for 12 rds.

well, the idea is to prevent floyd from carrying out his usual stick-and-run gameplan by cutting off the ring. once you cut him off, then he gets pinned to the ropes or the corners, forcing him to mix it up with manny. if that does happen, then mayweather will have to inject xylocaine all over his face and body.

i agree, though, that mayweather will do all he can to avoid being cornered in a fight against pacman. that being said, the best and only way to prevent that from happening is for pacquiao to learn how to systematically cut him off.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Manny will likely also have to go to the body a lot against Mayweather, to weaken him.

"Noynoy is Not My President!!!" at Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noynoy-Aquino-is-NOT-MY-PRESIDENT/122596721092454?ref=ts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast