twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Floyd Mayweather Jr. Thread

Share/Bookmark

Re: The Floyd Mayweather Jr. Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JVboy

It is also weird that Cortez was looking the other way when the 2 punches came, and when he shifted back his attention to the 2 fighters, parang di man lang nabigla na tumba na si Ortiz, and started counting.
    Reminds me of wrestling nung kasikatan nila Hulk Hogan. Kunyari tatalikod yun ref tapos hahampasin ng kung silya yun isa kunyari di kita ng ref. Pagtalikod ng ref nakasampa na yun isa, tapos magpapabilang na ng KO count. ;D
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

Quote Originally Posted by JVboy
    It is also weird that Cortez was looking the other way when the 2 punches came, and when he shifted back his attention to the 2 fighters, parang di man lang nabigla na tumba na si Ortiz, and started counting.
    Weird nga. For someone of Cortez' experience and cred in the boxing world, it's hard to believe that he acted like an amateur or even like a wrestling referee/buffoon. Funny thing is you won't find any comment from him in the post-fight press. At least si Kenny Bayless had the balls to apologize to Pax and the world that the knockdown he called during Pax' last fight wasn't really a knockdown but a slip. So sad, just when real interest has been growing in the sweet science due to the fights in the middle divisions, a-holes like Mayweather come up with shenanigans to negate these gains. The other sad part is Floyd Jr. has so much clout in the sport, for sure HBO will bend backwards and not have Larry Merchant as a color commentator in Floyd's next fight (whenever that would be)

^I think they will still have Merchant. Mas maraming bibil ng PPV just for the post-fight interview.

Si Merchant kamukha niya yung gumanap na US President sa pelikulang "Hot Shots". Hehe.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

^ Si Lloyd Bridges (RIP) yun, TBC. ;D

Larry Merchant

Lloyd Bridges

The Red Winter is Coming...

Lennox Lewis also got irritated on Larry Merchant in his last fight back in 2003 against Vitali Klitschko during the post-fight interview, ibang klase talaga to si Merchant kahit 80 years old na.

once again the superfight is off. floyd has announced he'll be fighting cotto for cotto's 154-pound title on may 5. arum's as much to blame for the negotiations falling through as floyd is. hopefully they can put the fight together for november.

floyd's been mouthing off since manny struggled with marquez last november. manny struggled against an opponent floyd disposed off easily. it's easy to forget though that floyd similarly struggled against dela hoya, escaping with a narrow split decision, had a rough first 8 rounds vs hatton and was staggered by mosley in the early rounds. pac on the other hand didn't lose a single round to any of those 3 fighters.

now floyd "pacquiao's eating my leftovers" mayweather will be fighting pacquiao's leftover. it'll be a good fight i'm sure but hardly exciting. i expect floyd by wide UD. but let's see whose victory is more impressive.

Floyd Mayweather Hits Jeremy Lin On Race -

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dail...ard-jeremy-lin

Dana White (UFC President): "Yes, Floyd, you're racist." "Shut and make the fight, Floyd."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUruWdpk66Y
    What you grinning at Pyscho?

Most likely, Mayweather is gonna fight Robert Guerrero next, basta sino tumalo kay Andre Berto, obviously, Floyd is not gonna take chances of fighting someone like Canelo Alvarez, he's gonna let Cotto, if he beats Trout, to fight Alvarez first.

A fight with Pacquiao is far-fetched and will remain just a dream for Pac fans, manalo man o matalo si Manny kay Marquez.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6