Five reasons why Manny will win.
1. Trainer / Coach - Freddie Roach, 49, is full of experience and adjudged the best trainer as of late. Joe Santiago, 32, is too young and inexperienced for a fight of this magnitude. Pacquiao-Roach relationship has been there for almost a decade. Cotto-Santiago connection as fighter-head coach just started a year ago.
2. Sparring mates - Manny's training will conclude with 150 rounds of boxing against quality boxers that could emulate Cotto's fighting style (i. e. Shawn Porter, Untillon, etc.). All of these boxers have gone a long way fighting professionally at least 30 times in their career except the young Shawn Porter whose record is is 10-0 with 8 KOs. Cotto only had two sparring mates and both of them are southpaw. The problem is these two are not even quality boxers in their career with average professional records of more or less 9-5.
3. Cotto's style - I watched some of Cotto's previous fights in youtube and Cotto's strength is indeed for real. There is one glaring weakness however, which is Cotto's tendency to telegraph a message whenever he is going to punch hard. I think this is one area Roach will exploit. Before Cotto release his punch, Manny will unleash his own power shot and then go sideways.
4. Manny's quickness, footwork and side-to-side movement. Cotto's style is best fit for a fighter who wants to fight fire with fire. Against a fighter who can hit quick power shots and go away sideway in less than a blink of a second, Cotto will find himself clueless.
5. Margarito exposed Cotto's weakness which is his face. Hatton, Dela Hoya, Diaz, Barrera, Morales, etc. Except Hatton, all of those guys are good all around fighters but Manny found ways to hit them hard in the face.