twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 NBA season

Share/Bookmark

2009-2010 NBA season

I know that the opening of the new season is still about a month away but due to our early fishing time, my focus now is more with the no. 1 basketball league in the world. ;D

Experts have put 5 teams in the elite class - the defending champion Lakers, Celtics, Magic, Cavs and the Spurs. These teams are considered by many as the only real contenders for the Larry O' Brien trophy.

As for the darkhorses, I'll put the Mavs, Trail Blazers and Nuggets there. A healthy Washington team might pull off some surprises but we still have to consider Agent Zero's health as well as the question as to whether or not they can finally play some championship-calibre defense.

my predictions for the 16-team playoffs:

EAST
    Celtics
    Magic
    Cavs
    Hawks
    Wizards
    Raptors
    Pistons
    Heat

WEST
    Lakers
    Spurs
    Nuggets
    Trail Blazers
    Mavericks
    Jazz
    Hornets
    Clippers

USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!
    "Every person must, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties, act with justice, give everyone his due, and observe honesty and good faith."

Re: 2009-2010 NBA season

Just saw the BTV sched for tip-off on Wednesday October 29

triple-header
    1) Boston @ Cleveland 7:30 am
    2) Clippers @ Lakers 10:30 am
    3) Houston @ Portland 1:00 pm

USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!
    "Every person must, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties, act with justice, give everyone his due, and observe honesty and good faith."

ayos ha.... boston vs cleveland agad.
    GS '97* HS '01* AB '06

The season has yet to start and the injury bug is starting to make its presence felt.

Blake Griffin will be out for 6-8 weeks due to a broken kneecap. Big Baby has a thumb injury and will miss some games also.

USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Quote Originally Posted by tigerman
    The season has yet to start and the injury bug is starting to make its presence felt.

Blake Griffin will be out for 6-8 weeks due to a broken kneecap. Big Baby has a thumb injury and will miss some games also.

USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!
    and the clipper curse continues...... ;D
    do something good for someone else everyday !

I am watching the Cavs-Celts game now and as usual Cleveland goes flat without Lebron. They should use Shaq whenever Lebron is out since at least they have a post presence. Having Shaq and Mo Williams will provide Lebron at least with 3 mins of rest in the 2nd quarter. Shaq will have enough rest in the latter part of the 1st and when Lebron comes back from the 2nd qtr. and few bits in the 3rd and 4th.

^ As for the main problem of having Shaq: He sucks at the pick & roll defense. I expect the opposing teams to abuse him on that aspect.

USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Wow. Orlando, despite missing Carter, Lewis and Pietrus, still defeated a darkhorse Toronto team and finished the game with 120 pts. JJ Redick with a career-defining game of 27 pts and 5 treys ;D

While the Magic remain unbeaten in a very young season, I'm kinda worried with the defense. I don't expect them to beat a powerhouse Boston team in the playoffs with such kind of defense.

As for the Celtics, they've limited their opponents to less than 90 points for the 4th straight time. Unbelievable. They are the best team in the league right now.

USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Are the Phoenix Suns for real? I know it's too early to say but they are now at 6-1 following impressive road wins over Miami, Boston and Washington.

USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Quote Originally Posted by tigerman
    Are the Phoenix Suns for real? I know it's too early to say but they are now at 6-1 following impressive road wins over Miami, Boston and Washington.
    Regular season lang yan. Come playoff/best of seven series, ibang usapan na yan.
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast