twitterfacebookgoogle+register
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Season 85 Games

Share/Bookmark

Re: NCAA Season 85 Games

It's a great mindset for the Blazers not to put too much pressure in winning but in learning how to play as a team. Despite the ugly freethrow percentage and the lack of ceiling, we were able to notch 2 wins. Veterans like Johnston and Morial will do their best as they play their last season for the Blazers. And the rookies are eager to prove themselves worthy and put in significant minutes on the floor.

Keys to victory for me are:

> Improve on their freethrow shooting in case the Stags go on a foul-spree.
    > Honest Defense using 2-3 zone.
    > Neutralize Sangalang using Jan Tan or Dela Paz and Aquino using Morial or Dalanon. It's the only choices we have.
    > Use their speed to their advantage.
    > Do what the Stags did to the Lions, force their big men out of the paint and outrebound them, don't let Aquino take too many shots and disrupt plays made for him.

and lastly

> ENJOY THE GAME! DO NOT LET THE MEMORY OF LAST SEASON HAUNT THEM FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by lady baller
    Quote Originally Posted by Get_Blazed
    Our next assignment would be against San Sebastion. Real acid test here, if you would ask me.

Any thoughts?
    we faced the stags in the filoil tournament, and it wasn't all bad, though we lost. however, we have to note that veterans, johnston and montecastro were not yet in the summer league line up. all hopes are up. i believe that if the blazers would continue what they have started, being a real TEAM, then, they might do great against the darkhorse, san sebastian.

it's nice to see that eventhough members of the team would commit errors, you would not see the team blaming anyone. good enough, the Blazers are able to build rapport amongst themselves.. unlike last year.
    We should also consider if or not the Stags played to their full potential. Baka takot ma-scout at hindi gaano nagamit key players and plays. ???
    Burning Legion
    [url=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Burning-Legion/222948157719870]

Quote Originally Posted by AltarBoy^_^
    It's a great mindset for the Blazers not to put too much pressure in winning but in learning how to play as a team. Despite the ugly freethrow percentage and the lack of ceiling, we were able to notch 2 wins. Veterans like Johnston and Morial will do their best as they play their last season for the Blazers. And the rookies are eager to prove themselves worthy and put in significant minutes on the floor.

Keys to victory for me are:

> Improve on their freethrow shooting in case the Stags go on a foul-spree.
    > Honest Defense using 2-3 zone.
    > Neutralize Sangalang using Jan Tan or Dela Paz and Aquino using Morial or Dalanon. It's the only choices we have.
    > Use their speed to their advantage.
    > Do what the Stags did to the Lions, force their big men out of the paint and outrebound them, don't let Aquino take too many shots and disrupt plays made for him.

and lastly

> ENJOY THE GAME! DO NOT LET THE MEMORY OF LAST SEASON HAUNT THEM FOREVER!
    Press, press, and press! Maybe trapping would work also. We need to force TO's if we are to be able to run and dictate the tempo of the game.
    Burning Legion

i still believe that the Blazers can pull a win...if they start strong. :D

The Stags are a very confident team as of this point in the tournament having defeated the 3 time defending champs. I was able to watch the SSC-CSB FilOil game which the Blazers lost by 3 points I think. Morial had a chance to tie the game but missed on 1 of his free throws. what i'm saying is the Stags are beatable.

Oo naman, it wont be easy but the stags are beatable. The Blazers can pull off an Upset.
    Go San Beda Fight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anghusay
    The Stags are a very confident team as of this point in the tournament having defeated the 3 time defending champs. I was able to watch the SSC-CSB FilOil game which the Blazers lost by 3 points I think. Morial had a chance to tie the game but missed on 1 of his free throws. what i'm saying is the Stags are beatable.
    Yep, the Stags are beatable. And more importantly, the Blazers should improve their free throw shooting.

CSB 62 - SSC-R 75.

I didnt see the game, can anyone who saw it tell us what went wrong or what the Stags did to be able to pull out such a big margin?

I predicted the Blazers to lose by around 5. I believe the squad we faced in the Filoil tourney did not expose all their fangs, not playing to their full potential.

Oh well.
    Burning Legion

They neutralized Sangalang and Aquino from the 1st quarter up to the 3rd. But Abueva and the other forwards of the Stags were making mincemeat out of Johnston and Dela Paz inside the paint. Hopefully they will learn more lessons from this game and do their best when they go up against San Beda and Letran!

FAITH IN THE FLAME!!!
    ANIMO BENILDE!!!

i was quite disappointed with the way the Blazers handled the last 5 mins of the game. and I quote coach richard, "guys, we still have 4:35, are you giving up now?".
    they gave up too early, mathematically speaking 10 pts is still manageable, even in the last two minutes. problem was, the players did not defend with intensity.

tan was also confined, not sure kung what ang diagnosis sa kanya. sure enough, hindi nga siya nakapaglaro. kulang sa bigs.

abueva and aquino of the stags were really good. they let our bigs eat their dust. ampf

so much for rebounding for the blazers and their 50% freethrow shooting. that's the story of the game.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast