twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Professional Cheerers

Share/Bookmark

Re: Professional Cheerers

Quote Originally Posted by duphaR007
    nakita ko yang hector na yan during filoil game adamson vs dlsu...grabe ang ingay...

nakita ko rin nung opening ng ncaa last sat. pauwi na kasi daw tambak na mit. may id rin siya.

Para ngang kakampi niya lahat ng kalaban ng San Beda

Quote Originally Posted by Regular Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by duphaR007
    nakita ko yang hector na yan during filoil game adamson vs dlsu...grabe ang ingay...

nakita ko rin nung opening ng ncaa last sat. pauwi na kasi daw tambak na mit. may id rin siya.

Para ngang kakampi niya lahat ng kalaban ng San Beda
    Aba dapat lang. Gusto mo bang kumampi sa atin yun?

hehehe matindi yan hector na yan sa pagtatalak at mang-away ng mga fans ng kabilang team. pati sa summer leagues, sa v league, pati sa pba nandun din yan.

One other thing people might not know about these professional cheerers is that they actually all know each other. As much as they project that they are rooting for rival teams and are at each others throats during games, during halftime and after the games they are all gathered together as one group and having a few laughs and even getting a bite to eat as a group.

True, they have no loyalties per se, but it is also true that they do know and appreciate the game of basketball. You'd be amazed during timeouts how they sometimes dissect plays and even analyze what went wrong for the trailing team and what went right for the leading team.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

To me, this is really no different than the "hatak crowd" syndrome (requiring students to watch games so that they can cheer on TV to give the team some semblance of crowd support, as partial fulfillment of school requirements) plaguing lots of schools.
    *clap-clapclap-clap-clap-clap-clap* FIGHT!
    The original. The one word that conquers.

----

"We will kill them all."

-- Optimus Prime, referring to Decepticons in Transformers 3

lalo na ang mga bata, grade school. Nakaka-awa. Ito ang dapat bagong adhikain sa NCAA, no to child labor!

Although off-topic nato, since "amateur cheerers" lang sila.

Quote Originally Posted by atenean_blooded
    To me, this is really no different than the "hatak crowd" syndrome (requiring students to watch games so that they can cheer on TV to give the team some semblance of crowd support, as partial fulfillment of school requirements) plaguing lots of schools.
    At least you know where the hataks' loyalties lie. These paid cheerers are loyal only to those with the moolah. There's this one gay who use to cheer for UST (c/o of the guy they call boss Ronnie) but is now cheering for either UE or FEU. Si Hector mismo. Sabagay Hector is consistent. He is consistently blue. Blue ng AdU minsan. Blue nga Ateneo sa ibang araw :D. Meron pa siyang kasama na tiga reserve ng seats ng Ateneans sa ringside pag hindi Araneta ang game. I forgot his name. Minsan tatakbo pa sa ibang schools yan para maghagilap ng ticket. Ay ibang usapan na pala ito. Hindi na paid cheerer kundi paid "reserver" :D. Ok lang kasi nakikinabang din ako minsan kasi pag 2nd game ang Ateneo at yung first game yung gusto kong panoorin he would let me sit on his reserved seats.

Bonus trivia on Hector the penetrator: He was once banned in the Arena for... just being Hector :D.

The famous Hector. Favorite spot niya sa patron, behind the basket.

Dracula: Remember, Igor, do unto others...
    Igor: ...before they do unto me!

Other trivia I've heard about Hector, aside from his being an Adamson alumnus, is that he was a huge fan of Magnum Membrere, and cheers for the blue and white (henceforth, whenever I say "blue and white," I refer to the Ateneo de Manila, unless I say so otherwise, hehe) on occasion. Last season, he seemed to become an Ateneo fan more and more.
    *clap-clapclap-clap-clap-clap-clap* FIGHT!
    The original. The one word that conquers.

----

"We will kill them all."

-- Optimus Prime, referring to Decepticons in Transformers 3

while waiting for an admu game, i had the benefit of siting beside hector during one adu-feu game. him on one end behind the goal, his counterpart behind the other goal. awayan at alaskahan sila, dinig ng buong crowd, minsan wala na sa game yung alaskahan, i.e., " may utang ka sa akin ng P4,000!" ;D quite entertaining, actually,

after the first quarter, mukhang nagkapikunan, habang kinakausap ako ni hector, the feu guy comes all the way around the court, at hinampas niya si hector with his tarpolines ! sabay away bakla, dada ng dada sila, habang palayo ng palayo :D :D :D "bayaran mo ako ng utang mo, P4,000", "wala akong utang sa yo, bakla, bakla!!!!...." etc.

all i can say, it was the only thing i remember of the game :D. and for the first time in my uaap experience, i was dumbfounded ;D
    do something good for someone else everyday !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast