twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blazers Off-Season Campaigns

Share/Bookmark

Re: CSB Blazers 2010-11 Season

Hoping all the best for them. Being a Blazer makes me feel proud every time they do well!

Quote Originally Posted by bossman
    Hoping all the best for them. Being a Blazer makes me feel proud every time they do well!
    The Blazers play the San Sebastian Stags tomorrow at the Arena in San Juan, 3pm tomorrow.

Let's go out and cheer for them!

Quote Originally Posted by coachjake
    The Blazers play the San Sebastian Stags tomorrow at the Arena in San Juan, 3pm tomorrow.

GO BLAZERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluegreen

GO BLAZERS!!

Unfortunately, San Sebastian was too big a job to handle - we lost 83-60 to the Stags. Weird thing for me was while watching the game, the Baste players look more like PBL/PBA age players while the Blazers looked more like real student-athlete varsity players.

NEXT GAME: Wednesday, 19 May 2010, 1pm at The Arena, vs. Adamson University

Let's go out and cheer the Blazers on!!

Hopefully, their teambuilding session this weekend will pay some dividends.

GO BLAZERS!!

Unfortunately, San Sebastian was too big a job to handle - we lost 83-60 to the Stags. Weird thing for me was while watching the game, the Baste players look more like PBL/PBA age players while the Blazers looked more like real student-athlete varsity players.

As long as the Blazers are student/athletes there is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by izon

GO BLAZERS!!

As long as the Blazers are student/athletes there is no problem.
    I totally agree!!

Let's not bother about age gaps between athletes. If the other team has more mature players then it's valuable sparring sessions for the rookies. Besides, I am still hoping they can do better when the NCAA wars begin. Let them have their baptism of fire in the Fil-Oil and let them grow as a team. ;D

As far as player average points are concerned, Lastimosa is the only player right now who can take the role of go-to-guy win or lose. We just have to give the rest the opportunity to shine and gain more confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AltarBoy^_^
    Let's not bother about age gaps between athletes. If the other team has more mature players then it's valuable sparring sessions for the rookies. Besides, I am still hoping they can do better when the NCAA wars begin. Let them have their baptism of fire in the Fil-Oil and let them grow as a team. ;D

As far as player average points are concerned, Lastimosa is the only player right now who can take the role of go-to-guy win or lose. We just have to give the rest the opportunity to shine and gain more confidence.
    There is no doubt that he can score, but maybe the coaches should come up with plays that set up Lastimosa as his ballhandling skills leave a little to be desired - let the point guards set him up with staggered screens etc.

Against JRU and FEU, it was stolen balls (nasundutan si Lastimosa), that caused costly turnovers during crunch time. Getaway from isolation plays with him bringing the ball down, set him up instead and create decoy plays as Lastimosa can also drive, draw defense and dish out assists.

He needs to learn patience also ;D

Quote Originally Posted by AltarBoy^_^

There is no doubt that he can score, but maybe the coaches should come up with plays that set up Lastimosa as his ballhandling skills leave a little to be desired - let the point guards set him up with staggered screens etc.

Against JRU and FEU, it was stolen balls (nasundutan si Lastimosa), that caused costly turnovers during crunch time. Getaway from isolation plays with him bringing the ball down, set him up instead and create decoy plays as Lastimosa can also drive, draw defense and dish out assists.

He needs to learn patience also ;D
    Good observation, I hope the coaching staff anticipates such traps set for Lastimosa and make him share the ball despite the absence of another player willing to share point production chores.

first blow-out game against stags last friday. will be there to watch tomorrow... still hoping for the first W

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast