twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your MOST INFLUENTIAL Screen Characters

Share/Bookmark

Re: Your MOST INFLUENTIAL Screen Characters

^^^ Sorry MonL, wasn't able to catch that show.

Although my favorite aliens on TV were the characters of Robin Williams (from Mork and Mindy), John Lithgow (from Third Rock From The Sun) and that mouse-eating foxy lady in the V Series (forgot her name, also was in the second generation version of Mission: Impossible)

I loved Williams and Lithgow because of their innate and sometimes edgy humor, which of course made sense for their characters being aliens and such.

^Nanoo-nanoo, ah yes. :D But they did touch up on serious issues like racism at one time, with Mindy telling Mork "It starts with jokes like 'Did you hear that one about the two Jews?' Pretty soon they were almost the only ones left."

We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

^^^ I great list of gangster movie Sam. If The Godfather wasn't in the top 3 favrite movies (and book) of all time, Tony Montana would have been my most influential guy. To an ipressionable provinciano, it's easy to relate to a Tony Montana. New kid in town who made it to the top with a great looking girl on the side. Who doesn't wanna be like Tony? Although Goodfellas is another great adaptation (Pillegi's Wiseguys), I find the lead character too opportunistic and lacking in reedeming qualities to want to be like him.

Nanooo Nanoo with the hand signal! Brings back memories.... of my uncles hehehe.

Sam, ranks among the top most underrated sci-fi TV series (maybe because it was a mini-series) for me. It has a plausible plot and good enough effects.

How about another sci-fi series the Greatest American Hero (whose soundtrack is more famous than the show)?

The 80s was an underrated era for sitcoms. Before US sitcomes became hip in the Philippines there was Mork and MIndy, Golden Girls, Alf (another alien), etc. Even the series were top rate like Depp's 21 Jumpstreet.

Quote Originally Posted by LION

Same here pare ko. Michael Corleone. Of all the Corleone sons, he wasn't expected to take over his father's throne. He proved to be the cunning and brave one. And to think that Michael even went to Darthmouth College to run away from the Corleone empire.

Everytime I have enough time to kill, I always watch the Godfather series, and until now, I can't help but be mesmerized by the life of Don Vito and Michael Corleone.
    Mad Magazine had a spoof on the Godfather called "The Oddfather." ;D
    Micrin (Michael) was described as: "An All-American college boy, a decorated war hero...and a disgrace to the Family Name." :D
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

^ MAD was funnier back then! Stupid answer to stupid questions! Spy vs. Spy. Of course the spoofs...

Ni walang nagsabi na idol nila si FPJ a bwahhahaha.

Yung isa dyan obviously si George Estregan ang all-time idol nya bwahahahaha!

HEHEHEHEHEHE in classic papa goerge ngising aso :D

Documentary films that shaped my current point of view would include the following:

1. Manufacturing Consent by Noam Chomsky
    2. The Corporation
    3. Food Inc.
    4. The Fogs of War
    5. The World According to Monsanto
    6. Enron
    7. The Ascent of Money

...to name a few.

Just search for these films and watch them online. No explanation needed. Just an open mind.

The characters would be "The Powers That Be" .
    COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

For pop culture, that would be Luke Skywalker and Han Solo. ;D
    COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast