twitterfacebookgoogle+register
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

    Is it true that Vosotros is just a third year high school player and cannot play in his last season in high school because he is overaged ? Bringas cannot play college hoops because he failed to graduate ? Funny because both players wanted to play for the Archers and scuttlebutt is that both do not want to be associated with Buenafe. I just opened this thread to concentrate on these two players as this topic is being mentioned on various threads specially Bringas in different forums.

  2. #2

    Re: Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

    This is my take on the matter.

    San Sebastian will grant all the leeway and leniency to its basketball players for as long as they are playing for the school. This is public knowledge already.

    So, the moment a player makes known his intention to transfer and play in another school, all these leniency will be taken away and that player should be prepared to paddle his own canoe and not expect to receive the same lenient treatment from his school. It's a quid pro quo thing. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's that simple.

    In the case of Bringas and Vosotros, its not that they are being "iniipit". It's more of them having to sink or swim without help from the usual sources.




  3. #3

    Re: Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

    Well, I posed this question earlier and I guess I'll do so again since LION brought it up.

    I may concede, for the sake of argument, that a school will "bend the rules" for its own benefit. But why is SSC now blocking a transfer to La Salle but not previous transfers to Ateneo? Following that argument, SSC should have blocked Salamat and Buenafe as well.

  4. #4

    Re: Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

    ^ Multiples choices:

    1. SSC decided this year not to bend the rules anymore for those who are leaving the school; or

    2. Buenafe and Salamat did everything possible to comply with all the academic requirements; or

    3. It was ok for SSC to release Buenafe and Salamat but not Bringas.


  5. #5

    Re: Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Angel
    Well, I posed this question earlier and I guess I'll do so again since LION brought it up.*

    I may concede, for the sake of argument, that a school will "bend the rules" for its own benefit.* But why is SSC now blocking a transfer to La Salle but not previous transfers to Ateneo?* Following that argument, SSC should have blocked Salamat and Buenafe as well.
    There's no need to "bend the rules" or block a "transfer" in the first place if the player is not having academic difficulties. Do you mean Salamat and Buenafe did have this problem? Coz kung pasado naman, walang magagawa ang iskwelehan kundi maka-graduate ang bata and just pray they remain with the school for college.

  6. #6

    Re: Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

    Hindi yata dapat dito ang topic na ito... Magandang pag-usapan, pero maling sub-forum, imo.

    Main issue here is how SSC-R does all the accommodation for those who play for them, but makes things difficult when same players demonstrate the intent to leave.
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

  7. #7

    Re: Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

    To add...

    Incidental lang na DLSU ang balak nilang puntahan. It could have been another school and SSC-R's action would still be in question.
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

  8. #8

    Re: Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

    Quote Originally Posted by LION
    ^* Multiples choices:

    1.* SSC* decided this year not to bend the rules anymore for those who are leaving the school; or

    2.* Buenafe and Salamat did everything possible to comply with all the academic requirements; or

    3.* It was ok for SSC to release Buenafe and Salamat but not Bringas.

    I can summarize the choices above in one word: Speculation

  9. #9

    Re: Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

    Quote Originally Posted by shyboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Angel
    Well, I posed this question earlier and I guess I'll do so again since LION brought it up.*

    I may concede, for the sake of argument, that a school will "bend the rules" for its own benefit.* But why is SSC now blocking a transfer to La Salle but not previous transfers to Ateneo?* Following that argument, SSC should have blocked Salamat and Buenafe as well.
    There's no need to "bend the rules" or block a "transfer" in the first place if the player is not having academic difficulties.* Do you mean Salamat and Buenafe did have this problem?* Coz kung pasado naman, walang magagawa ang iskwelehan kundi maka-graduate ang bata and just pray they remain with the school for college.
    My message, which you quoted, begins this way:* "I may concede, for the sake of argument ..... "

  10. #10

    Re: Verification on Vosotros and Bringas wanting to play for DLSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Angel
    Quote Originally Posted by LION
    ^* Multiples choices:

    1.* SSC* decided this year not to bend the rules anymore for those who are leaving the school; or

    2.* Buenafe and Salamat did everything possible to comply with all the academic requirements; or

    3.* It was ok for SSC to release Buenafe and Salamat but not Bringas.



    I can summarize the choices above in one word:* Speculation*
    Then why did you ask?* ;D

    I just answered your speculation that SSC is blocking Arvie's tansfer to La Salle.


 
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

 
Visitor count:
Copyright 2005 - 2013. Gameface.ph