twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

Share/Bookmark
  1. #51

    Re: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

    Letran wins summer league juniors crown
    06/10/2009 | 04:52 PM


    MANILA, Philippines – Letran needed late-game stops in pulling off a 79-76 win over University of Santo Tomas to claim the 2009 Nike Summer League juniors crown Wednesday at the Far Eastern University Gym.

    The Squires led by as many as 16, 39-23, midway in the second period but needed the breaks of the game to complete the win.

    JR Ongteco scored from an Archie Iñigo drop pass gave Letran a 78-71 breathing room that they protected until the final buzzer.

    “I am happy for my players. They deserve to win," said coach Elmer Latonio. “I hope that they gained some experience in time for the NCAA tournament."

    This is Letran’s second postseason crown after winning the Filipino-Chinese Basketball League against De La Salle-Zobel last month.

    Jarelan Tampus, who was named the NSL most valuable player, paced the Squires with 25 points and five rebounds while fellow mythical team member Glenn Khobuntin added 19 points and seven rebounds.

    Ongteco tallied in 16 points and seven rebounds while Iñigo scored 10 points and had three assists.

    Molline Gonzales led UST with 21 points while Kyle Neypes helped out with 17 points, six rebounds and three assists. Jazreel Jimenez scored 16 points.

    Other mythical team members are Gonzales, Neypes and Louie Vigil of the Jose Rizal University Light Bombers.

    JRU won third place after an 88-85 overtime win over La Salle-Zobel with Vigil leading the Light Bombers’ scoring with 29 points.

    Richard Lontoc fired seven three-pointers to finish with 25 points while also grabbing seven rebounds. Joshua Saret scored 16 points to go with his seven rebounds and three assists.

    Luigi dela Paz paced the Junior Archers with 29 points while Arnold Van Opstal missed a double-double with 20 points and nine rebounds. Anton Sevilla fired 11 points.

    The seniors’ semifinals will be played Thursday at the Ynares Sports Center with Letran facing San Sebastian at 2:30 p.m. to be followed by the FEU-San Beda-Manila 4:00 p.m. match – GMANews.TV
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

  2. #52

    Re: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

    congrats sa letran squires sana magtuloy tuloy na sa ncaa

    arriba letran

  3. #53

    Re: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

    It will be an all-NCAA Finals as San Beda edged FEU 74-72 and San Sebastian bested Letran 92-79 to set up a championship showdown this Saturday afternoon at the Ynares Sports Center in Pasig.

    JR Tecson had 30 points to lead the Red Lions over the undermanned Tamaraws.

    Jimbo Aquino scored 21 points while Dave Najorda added 17, mainly in the pivotal fourth period, for the Stags.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

  4. #54

    Re: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    It will be an all-NCAA Finals as San Beda edged FEU 74-72 and San Sebastian bested Letran 92-79 to set up a championship showdown this Saturday afternoon at the Ynares Sports Center in Pasig.

    JR Tecson had 30 points to lead the Red Lions over the undermanned Tamaraws.

    Jimbo Aquino scored 21 points while Dave Najorda added 17, mainly in the pivotal fourth period, for the Stags.
    Brother Joesccroundrel,

    With all due respect, brother Joe,

    I watched the game this afternoon.
    I believe FEU played with a complete lineup,
    including those from the Smart-Gilas team.

    Actually, sila ang gumagawa, quarterbacked by Barroca,
    kaya lamang ang FEU most of the way. Double digits pa.

    Persistence and playing with "heart", saved the day for the Red Lions.
    It was a come from behind win.

    Just to correct mis-impressions. Thanks.

  5. #55

    Re: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by sitsirya
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    It will be an all-NCAA Finals as San Beda edged FEU 74-72 and San Sebastian bested Letran 92-79 to set up a championship showdown this Saturday afternoon at the Ynares Sports Center in Pasig.

    JR Tecson had 30 points to lead the Red Lions over the undermanned Tamaraws.

    Jimbo Aquino scored 21 points while Dave Najorda added 17, mainly in the pivotal fourth period, for the Stags.
    Brother Joesccroundrel,

    With all due respect, brother Joe,

    I watched the game this afternoon.
    I believe FEU played with a complete lineup,
    including those from the Smart-Gilas team.

    Actually, sila ang gumagawa, quarterbacked by Barroca,
    kaya lamang ang FEU most of the way. Double digits pa.

    Persistence and playing with "heart", saved the day for the Red Lions.
    It was a come from behind win.

    Just to correct mis-impressions. Thanks.
    I have to correct myself,
    I believe FEU played minus 2-3 men in their rotation.
    My bad.
    Apologies to Brother Joe; accurate ang report niya.
    Thanks

  6. #56

    Re: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

    FEU kontra SBC

    Dahil di naman binanggit mga pangalan ng wala, sasabihin ko na, wala sila Aldrech Ramos at Paul Sanga.
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

  7. #57

    Re: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by oca
    FEU kontra SBC

    Dahil di naman binanggit mga pangalan ng wala, sasabihin ko na, wala sila Aldrech Ramos at Paul Sanga.
    Wala rin naman si Borgie at Rome. Isama mo na rin si Ogie kahit by choice ng San Beda na hindi na isama sa lineup. ;D

  8. #58

    Re: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

    ^ They will probably meet in the finals of the Champions League. SBC will be the team to beat more so if Menor comes back. Vinluan and Knuttel of FEU also did not play. I am concerned with players getting sick either of AH1N1 or dengue or ordinary flu this coming UAAP and NCAA. Several Adamson players were down with the flu in their quarters both in the Nike and Filoil while several Ateneo Team B players in the FMC did not play because they were also sick.

  9. #59

    Re: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

    Stags, Red Lions set up all-NCAA Nike title tussle
    by Mia Domingo
    inboundpass.com



    San Sebastian College-Recoletos and San Beda College set up an all-NCAA title game thanks to contrasting semifinal wins in the 2009 Nike Summer League at the Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig City last June 11.

    After watching the Letran Knights breeze through the opening 10 minutes of action, the Stags turned the corner to book a finals ticket, 92-79. Coach Ato Agustin’s wards exploited a three-minute Letran scoring drought with an 8-0 second quarter blitz to pull away from the Muralla unit. They extended their lead to as high as 15 in the three-minute mark of the third period after two Dave Najorda charities. The quintet from Recto was on cruise control thereafter as the Knights failed to execute their offense and ignite any kind of rally.

    Veteran swingman Jimbo Aquino paced San Sebastian with 20 points, with Najorda tallying 17 and second-year guard Raymond Maconocido registering 15. Guard RJ Jazul, meanwhile, led carried the Knights’ cause with 21 points.

    In the other semis tussle, San Beda managed to hold off UAAP powerhouse Far Eastern University, 74-72, in a tightly-contested matchup. FEU dominated the opening minutes of the game, leading by as many as 13 in the first quarter. However, the Red Lions slowly got back into the game led thanks to guard JR Tecson and American Sudan Daniel. A triple by Tecson at the end of the third period finally handed the Mendiola unit the lead, 57-56.

    At the start of the fourth quarter, the Tamaraws were able to tie the count at 59 and even led by six with 6:11 remaining in the game after a basket by Pipo Noundou. The Lions took the lead back, 71-69, after a Garvo Lanete conversion at the 1:40 mark. A series of muffed FEU possessions forced Mark Barroca to foul Tecson in the dying seconds of the game. The guard calmly sank both charities to extend the San Beda lead to four, 73-69.

    Tamaraws forward JR Cawaling hit a crucial trey to trim the deficit to one, 73-72, with 9.9 second in the game clock. Teammate RR Garcia then sent Chico Tirona to the 4.5-meter line where the San Beda playmaker made one out of two freebies. In the ensuing possession, FEU big man Reil Cervantes committed a traveling violation, effectively sealing his squad’s fate.

    Tecson led the Red Lions with 25 points while Daniel added 19 points and six boards. Cawaling had 25 markers for the Tams.

    The title game of the 2009 NSL is set on Saturday, June 13, at 4 p.m. at the Ynares Sports Arena. Preceding the finals is the battle for third at 2:30 p.m.

    The scores:

    First game:

    San Sebastian 92 – Aquino 20, Najorda 17, Maconocido 15, Pascual 14, Abueva 8, Semira 7, Raymundo 5, Sangalang 4, del Rio 2, Maiquez 0, Gusi 0.

    Letran 79 – Jazul 21, Gutilban 17, Guevarra 16, Foronda 8, K. Alas 5, Cortes 4, Datang 3, del Rosario 3, J. Alas 2, Belencion 0, Malabago 0.

    Quarter scores: 19-28, 43-39, 69-59, 92-79.

    Second game:

    San Beda 74 – Tecson 25, Daniel 19, Lanete 8, Gamalinda 6, Marcelo 6, Villahermosa 4, Taganas 2, Pascual 2, Tirona 1, Soliman 0.

    FEU 72 – Cawaling 25, Cervantes 15, Garcia 13, Eguilos 13, Barroca 8, Noundou 6, Tanuan 2, Exciminiano 0, Caluag 0.

    Quarter scores: 9-21, 31-39, 57-56, 74-72.

    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

  10. #60

    Re: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by LION
    Quote Originally Posted by oca
    FEU kontra SBC

    Dahil di naman binanggit mga pangalan ng wala, sasabihin ko na, wala sila Aldrech Ramos at Paul Sanga.
    Wala rin naman si Borgie at Rome. Isama mo na rin si Ogie kahit by choice ng San Beda na hindi na isama sa lineup. ;D
    Lion, one of your Den Mates said Ogie will play in Season 85 after all?

    Jun Vinluan and Jenz Knuttel were also unable to play for FEU due to illness.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

 
Visitor count:
Copyright © 2005 - 2013. Gameface.ph