twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

Share/Bookmark

Re: NIKE SUMMER LEAGUE 2009

Quote Originally Posted by oca
    Dapat pahiyang na ang UE from these pre-season events. If they have to participate, do so just to keep in shape and not necessarily win.

Ilang taon, dekada na nga yata, laging sinasagasaan ng UE ang mga kalaban sa summer leagues, pero pagdating ng Sep o Oct, ayun luhaan lagi.

Bukod tanging sila ang consistently competitive sa tag-init na laging talunan pag papalapit na ang tag-lamig!

Pamahiin o feng shui, bahala sila... pero kung ako ang tatanungin, mas gugustuhin kong huwag makita sa itaas ng leader board ang UE ngayong summer.*
    Since 2002, the team that beats UE in the post season, wins the it all. (including 2007 where the were unbeaten before the finals).

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Miguel
    ^^^ Tournament organizers are looking either at April 17 or 18 for opening day, over at the Far Eastern Gym in R Papa in Manila.

Just to add to the FEU-UE buzz: while that is indeed the FEU homecourt, it is not within the main FEU campus and it is right outside the Lepanto gate of UE, heh-he-he! So I guess the FEU-UE game should be a doozy.

FEU will have Aldrech Ramos, Reil Cervantes, JR Cawaling, Paul Sanga, Andy Barroca and Jenz Knuttel as their veteran core. They will definitely have Pipo Nuondoo, Glenn Eguiloz and RR Garcia as well-practiced newcomers. They might have Sonny Abaring and Jun Vinluan back. They might also include that other pointguard who came from MMC, Manalo I think is his surname. All of these guys have been practicing together everyday for the last year and a half to two years, and they are on the FMC Open lineup of FEU that went undefeated and are now in the Finals.

On the other hand there is UE, who to my knowledge, still does not have any recruit of stature, but who will instead rely on holdovers and kids who have been on their sidelines for the last year or two. James Martinez, Paul Lee and Pari Llagas are the only sure holdovers at the moment, although the likes of Hans Thiele, Elmer Espiritu, Rudy Linganay, Paul Zamar, Raffy Reyes, Toto Bandaying and Lucas Tagarda might all still make the Nike lineup.

On paper at least, no way can UE beat FEU man for man. And with Coach Glen Capacio, no way newbie coach Lawrence Chongson can pull a rabbit out of any hat.* *
    Go FEU haha :D seems that FEU is really the team to beat this year in all leagues. Their veteran core are all good and their rookies and key returnees are all experienced i think they just have to balance their offense and and defense

Anyway, do post the schedule when the tournament will start so that i can watch live! really want to watch the games Thanks

I'm a little confused by Sam's post. Isn't the Nike being held at EAC Gym this summer?
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Here are the competing teams and their respective divisions. There is no women's division this year.

SENIORS DIVISION

A B C D

ATENEO SAN BEDA DLSU JRU
    ADAMSON FEATI FEU DBTC
    LYCEUM-CALAMBA MDC LYCEUM LETRAN
    SBC-ALABANG PCCR MAPUA NU
    SAN SEBASTIAN UE STI-STA ROSA UP
    EAC UPHDS CCM UST

JUNIORS DIVISION

A B C D

ATENEO SAN SEBASTIAN FEU LETRAN
    ADAMSON DBTC CKSC GRACE
    JASMS JRU LSGH LA SALLE-ZOBEL
    MAPUA PCCR NU NBTC
    SBC UP UE SBC-ALABANG
    UST RTU UPHDS
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

On paper, the group of deaths in the seniors divison are A and C, being at least four-deep. Pero mas naiiyak ako sa bracket kung nasaan ang Busko. lolz

But being defending NCAA-South champions, kaya yan. :D

Sa juniors naman, nasa groups B and D ang magagandang laban.

Hmmm... at wala din ang De La Salle-Dasma dito. Mukhang bakasyon grande sila.

Team Lineups?
    Go San Beda Fight! :D

Quote Originally Posted by nuss
    On paper, the group of deaths in the seniors divison are A and C, being at least four-deep. Pero mas naiiyak ako sa bracket kung nasaan ang Busko. lolz

But being defending NCAA-South champions, kaya yan. :D

Sa juniors naman, nasa groups B and D ang magagandang laban.

Hmmm... at wala din ang De La Salle-Dasma dito. Mukhang bakasyon grande sila.
    kaylan ba ang nike summer league

April 20 I heard.

We are still confirming if indeed the NSL opening date has been moved to Monday 20 April 2009 at FEU Gym.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

That would give some teams who are playing in the FilOil tournament a rest
    "The end justifies the means"-from Machiavelli? Nope.  :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast