THE TOURING PHASE
* * *The 11 participating teams will play in a series of mini tournaments, in the process earning tour points in the standings.* There may be one or two simultaneous mini-tournaments to be held every week with four teams playing in each tournament.* Seven or three teams will draw a bye for the same week.
* * *Each team will get to play in four mini tournaments, hosting one while playing in three other tournaments on the road.* The team assignments have been predetermined by Liga Pilipinas before the start of the season.* This phase will have 11 mini tournaments of eight games each for total of 88 games on the schedule.* A team is assured of playing 16 games for the touring phase of this conference.
* * *Preliminary Round.* In the mini tournaments, the four teams will play a single round robin amongst themselves, lasting for three playing days.* One tour point will be awarded for each game a team wins during the round robin. Should a team sweep all its three games, a bonus of two tour points will be awarded.
* * *Final Round.* On the fourth day, the top two teams will play the knockout finals.* The third and fourth-ranked teams will dispute Third Place in a similar one-game playoff.
* * *Tour Points.* The champion will earn 10 tour points while the runner-up gets five tour points.* The Third Place team will receive three points while the Fourth Place team gets no points.* The highest tour point total a team may get in one mini tournament is 15 points (10 for winning the championship plus five from winning their round robin games) and 60 should they sweep all their four mini tournaments.
THE NATIONAL PHASE
* * *When all the mini tournaments have been completed, the 11 teams will ranked according to their total tour points earned with the top eight advancing to the playoffs or National Phase.* Ties will be resolved using the latest FIBA rules as amended.
* * *For this conference, there will be no distinction if a team is from the North (Luzon) or the South (Vis-Min).* Therefore, it is possible to have an all-North or an all-South finale.* This phase will last for a minimum of 21 games and may extend to as much as 35 games.* Depending on its performance, a teamís playoff stint may be anything between three to as high as 15 games.
* * *Quarterfinal Round.* The quarterfinals will have the eight best teams playing a best-of-five series.* The pairings will be as follows:
* * * * * * * *#1 versus #8
* * * * * * * *#2 versus #7
* * * * * * * *#3 versus #6 and
* * * * * * * *#4 versus #5
The higher-ranked team will enjoy the home court advantage by hosting the seriesí first three games.* If needed, the other team will host Game Four and if needed, Game Five.* The four series winners advance to the semifinals.
* * *Semifinal Round.* The semifinals will have the four remaining teams playing a best-of-five series.* The pairings will be as follows:
* * * * * * * *#1 or #8 versus #4 or #5 and
* * * * * * * *#2 or #7 versus #3 or #6
The higher-ranked team will enjoy the home court advantage by hosting the seriesí first three games.* If needed, the other team will host Game Four and if needed, Game Five.* The two series winners advance to the Liga Pilipinas Finals.
* * *The Liga Pilipinas Finals.* The Liga Pilipinas Finals will be a best-of-five affair with the higher-ranked surviving team enjoying the home court advantage.* The choice of either the 3-2 or 2-3 format will be left to choice of the higher seeded of the two finalists.