twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

Share/Bookmark
  1. #11

    Re: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

    Quote Originally Posted by john_paul_manahan
    wishing wells and butterscotch.

    given both sets, i think that Cutterpillow and Circus are one of the best OPM albums ever.
    Read somewhere that Butterscotch written by Ely Buendia was based on Ely's actual experience as a teenager.

  2. #12

    Re: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

    i think a great majority of eraserheads songs were based on actual events and experiences. depending on whose version one believes in, "pare ko" is based on an actual story of a failed courtship--pustahan tayo si ely talaga yung nabasted. "with a smile" was supposedly inspired by the lousy service ely and the band received from an all-night carinderia after a gig, and God knows what inspired ely to write about the harrowing fate suffered by his schoolboy crush in "huling el bimbo." one can just feel the rawness and honesty expressed in practically all their works.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

  3. #13

    Re: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

    I think "punk zappa" was inspired by the metal vs. hiphop myth during the 90's.* ;D

    Here's the official video of said song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5UYSHTTBpo


    USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!
    "Every person must, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties, act with justice, give everyone his due, and observe honesty and good faith."

  4. #14

    Re: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    i think a great majority of eraserheads songs were based on actual events and experiences. depending on whose version one believes in, "pare ko" is based on an actual story of a failed courtship--pustahan tayo si ely talaga yung nabasted. "with a smile" was supposedly inspired by the lousy service ely and the band received from an all-night carinderia after a gig, and God knows what inspired ely to write about the harrowing fate suffered by his schoolboy crush in "huling el bimbo." one can just feel the rawness and honesty expressed in practically all their works.
    In the dedication part of the cover of ultraelectromagneticpop, Ely thanked a list of dudes whom he called "the original pare kos". I recognized a couple of names (they were my classmates in different GE subjects), and I came to conclude that these original pare kos were most probably Ely's batchmates and tropa in Kalayaan Residence Hall (yup, THAT Kalayaan as in "Minsan sa may Kalayaan tayo'y nagkatagpuan."). So it's possible "Pare Ko" was the musical embodiment of their collective "basted" experiences. I know for a fact that Ely's batch in Kalayaan (1987-8 included a number of very, very hot and attractive co-eds, so you can probably credit one or all of them with the birth of "Pare Ko." :P
    People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

  5. #15

    Re: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

    I am wondering kung there was a time nagkagalit ba ang Eheads at si Medwin Marfil of True Faith.

    I remember, if I'm not mistaken in Eheads Cutterpillow Album Acknowledgement part, Medwin Marfil's name was erased.

    I believed na-print na kasi ang label kaya parang pinentel pen lang ang pagkakabura.

  6. #16

    Re: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

    Quote Originally Posted by fujima04
    I am wondering kung there was a time nagkagalit ba ang Eheads at si Medwin Marfil of True Faith.

    I remember, if I'm not mistaken in Eheads Cutterpillow Album Acknowledgement part, Medwin Marfil's name was erased.

    I believed na-print na kasi ang label kaya parang pinentel pen lang ang pagkakabura.
    I thought I heard Medwin's name in "Kama Supra": "Napuyat lang / nang nagyaya si Medwin kagabi / sa kanila..."
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

  7. #17

    Re: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

    Quote Originally Posted by JonarSabilano
    Quote Originally Posted by fujima04
    I am wondering kung there was a time nagkagalit ba ang Eheads at si Medwin Marfil of True Faith.

    I remember, if I'm not mistaken in Eheads Cutterpillow Album Acknowledgement part, Medwin Marfil's name was erased.

    I believed na-print na kasi ang label kaya parang pinentel pen lang ang pagkakabura.
    I thought I heard Medwin's name in "Kama Supra": "Napuyat lang / nang nagyaya si Medwin kagabi / sa kanila..."
    You are absolutely right. I was thinking the album is already done at that time.

    And hindi pala sa acknowledgment part. I think dun sa mga credits ng bawat songs i.e. composer, arranger, etc. If I am not mistaken, Medwin helped them in composing/arranging some songs.

    Anyway, off-topic na. Apologies.

    On-topic:

    Of all ng mga nabanggit na songs na me potential sana. Pinaka-nanghihinayang ako sa Poorman's Grave.

  8. #18

    Re: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

    Another song that I felt could have been a hit is Tama Ka Nga from Natin99 Album.

    I liked the "tu-du-du-du-dut...tu-du-du-du-du (2x)" portion at the start of the song.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mean Streets of Kyusi
    Posts
    497

    Re: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

    I'm listening to "Fruitcake" now. I'm sure this was released as a single at may video pa. Memories of high school, dorm, Kris Kringle.
    I stopped saying "LOL" ten years ago.



 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

 
Visitor count:
Copyright © 2005 - 2013. Gameface.ph