twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

Share/Bookmark

Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

Eraserheads recently concluded its Final Set. Reports said that it is the last time we are going to see the band performing on stage.

We know how great the Eheads as a band and probably knows all of their hit songs. Songs that became part of our life while we are growing up.

Why not talk about their other songs which we felt has to the potential to become a hit but failed to attract public attention.

I'll start with the following:

1. Maling Akala - Though Brownman Revival managed to make this song a hit, I always believed Eheads version is better.

2. Shirley - This song's appeal, for me, is somewhat the same as that of Toyang. Heard in the air for a while but bigla ring nawala.

3. Hey Jay - I think this song is delivered well and had a good message. Medyo maselan nga lang ang issue.

4. Wishing Well - I liked this song too. Medyo kinulang sa siguro sa appeal.

5. Poorman's Grave - Same as No. 4. I particularly liked the chorus part and the bass.

6.* Fill Her - For me, this could have been a hit had this song become a little bit longer. Too short and nakakabitin.

7. Lightyears - Kinulang siguro itong kanta na ito sa marketing.

8. Hard to Believe - I always believed this song has the making to become the next "With A Smile".

9. Huwag Kang Matakot - I liked this song because of its melody and lyrics. Heard in the air for a while but bigla ring nawala.

10. Tikman - Hit sana ito kaya lang masyadong na-associate with Burger Machine. I read before that Eheads is actually not happy how the song has been treated saying this song not really meant to become a commercial jingle.

Feel free to add and state what's on your mind.

Re: Eraserheads Songs That Could Have Been A Hit

all eheads songs are a hit to me..

i thought maselang bahaghari would have been a hit had it gotten greater airplay. another is tamagotchi baby. but the songs that really missed out because of the runaway success of pare ko were cuts from their debut album, lalo na yung shake yer head. so there, the eraserheads songs that could have become major hits in their own right are maselang bahaghari, tamagotchi baby, and most especially shake yer head.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

^Agree 100% with Cubao, especially about Shake Yer Head.
    People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

1. Shake Yer Head
    2. Lightyears (For the simple reason that it was a non-Christmas song in a Christmas album. Ditto with Trip to Jerusalem, but at least it had a music video.)
    3. Spoliarium (Sure, it is a stadium hit now, but I don't recall it hitting the NU 107 charts when it was released. Or was it even released as a single in the first place?)
    4. Maselang Bahaghari
    5. Hula (It proved how far the 'Heads have come. From jangle-pop on "Pare Ko" to the Deftone-ish treatment of "Hula", my, how have they evolved.)
    6. Walang Nagbago (Same case as Spoliarium.)
    7. Tikman (This song is too good to be a mere commercial jingle. It could've stayed on the charts had Burger Machine not abrubptly ended their promotional blitz.)
    8. Alkohol
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

Punk Zappa
    Prof. Banlaoi's Transcendental Medication After Every Six Months

Seriously, sa mga 'di pa nabanggit.
    - Sembreak
    - Waiting for the bus
    - Back to me

USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!
    "Every person must, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties, act with justice, give everyone his due, and observe honesty and good faith."

question: sumikat ba ang "huwag mo nang itanong"? ;D

funny that i should ask this, but i was out of the country taking my masters from '94 to '96, and it was only when i came back in late '96 that i saw my brother's "cutterpillow" lying around the house, gave it a spin, and this was one tune that really caught my fancy, although "superproxy" really kicked @$$, too.

during those years away, i had a copy of "ultraelectromagneticpop" to keep me company in my frickin'-cold-in-the-winter dorm room.
    When a religious scheme is shattered (as Christianity was shattered at the Reformation), it is not merely the vices that are let loose. The vices are, indeed, let loose, and they wander and do damage. But the virtues are let loose also. - G.K.Chesterton, Orthodoxy
    Dominus vobiscum

jeep,

Yup! Huwag mo ng Itanong became a hit for quite sometime. Tipong simple pero rock.

Same with you, whenever I am away I always ensure that I have my copy of ultraelectromagneticpop and circus with me. For me, these first two albums by Eheads are the best.

Corect me if I'm wrong, parang itong 2 albums lang na ito ang maco-consider na pure instruments ang ginamit. I mean, hindi masyadong gumamit ng gadgets (which I found na less appealing).

How about Suntok sa Buwan, sumikat ba ito? I heard this for a while pero di ako sure kung sumikat kasi I have to leave Phils at that time.

Kailan (Piano Version) ok din.

wishing wells and butterscotch.

given both sets, i think that Cutterpillow and Circus are one of the best OPM albums ever.
    Defining John Paul is an exercise in futility...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast