Share/Bookmark

Re: top 3 Francis M. songs

1. Cold Summer Nights
    2. Kaleidoscope World
    3. Mga Kababayan

R.I.P to the Master Rapper.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

medyo OT: for me, what stood out as one of francism's best performances was his portrayal of a student boarder from bacolod in GMA-7's sitcom UFO (urbana, felisa, & others). i don't know if his roots had any factor in his very accurate playing of that role -- his atenean lolo was IIRC a senator or a member of the old philippine assembly from negros occidental -- but the accent was spot on. my bedan brothers-in-law say he was a good classmate of theirs, very friendly.

and just so i'm back on-topic, i 2nd/3rd/4th big_cat's, ranger's, and john paul manahan's top 3!* ;D

edited to add: puede ko bang gawing top 4 songs? ;D i particularly liked his version of the e-heads' "superproxy" that was first aired on 01 january 2006 -- one of the few instances where the cover was just as good as the original.

requiesciat in pace, maestro rapper. this country is made lesser by your departure.
    When a religious scheme is shattered (as Christianity was shattered at the Reformation), it is not merely the vices that are let loose. The vices are, indeed, let loose, and they wander and do damage. But the virtues are let loose also. - G.K.Chesterton, Orthodoxy
    Dominus vobiscum

Quote Originally Posted by GHRanger
    Same here...
    1. Kaleidoscope World.
    2. Cold Summer Nights.
    3. Mga Kababayan Ko.

I loved his collaboration with Parokya ni Edgar in the Kaleidoscope World / Yes Yes Show.
    sir panalo din yung Bagsakan Song niya with Parokya and Gloc9..

Pinapalabas ule yung ad ni Kiko ng Royal backin the 90's. Goosebumps. Rap In Peace Kiko..

Nabanggit na dito halos lahat ng gusto kong music ni FrancisM. Dagdag ko lang yung Lando (collaboration nya with Gloc 9).
    GS '97* HS '01* AB '06

Quote Originally Posted by arjay_g
    Nabanggit na dito halos lahat ng gusto kong music ni FrancisM.* Dagdag ko lang yung Lando (collaboration nya with Gloc 9).
    Panalo 'to. Lalo na 'yung video. Very dark and brooding.
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

Polyeast (formerly EMI) has reissued old Francis M CDs in a bundle with remastered stuff and bonus tracks.

Contains Yo!, Rap is Francis M, and Meron Akong Ano.

Was also able to find Happy Battle.

Now if only i can find Freeman or the 2-in-1.

Freeman, by the way is under the Sony music label.
    Defining John Paul is an exercise in futility...

I know it's late and all, but I just want to give him props for braving the water bottles and all that we (gasp!) has thrown at him when he bravely went on stage during the many punk-rock concerts I have been to (the last I remember was the Rakrakan til Pamorningan at Amoranto Stadium in the mid-90's.

Anyway to be on-topic:

1. Mga Kababayan Ko (was in grade school when this was released.) One of his nephew was a classmate of mine, and Chippy gladly made us copies of the Mga Kababayan Ko lyrics with matching autograph from the Master Rapper himself.

2. Cold Summer Nights -- When I first heard this song I thought it was done by a foreign artist.

3. Yes, Yes Show -- with Parokya ni Edgar and Glock9
    Suaviter In Modo,
    Fortiter In Re
    ------------------------
    Proud Packer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2