twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SSC Stag's 2009-2010 Season

Share/Bookmark

Re: SSC Stag's 2009-2010 Season

'Baka na pe pressure si Mark, dahil natatabunan siya ni utol.'

'Kaso mo, kung wala ka talagang talent, e, ba't mo ipipilit ng ipipilit? Kung talagang magaling iyan, maraming kukuhang ibang eskwelahan dyan.'
    "Noynoy is Not My President!!!" at Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noynoy-Aquino-is-NOT-MY-PRESIDENT/122596721092454?ref=ts

as posted and credit to ubelt.com

Stags maul Altas

Rookie-laden San Sebastian pummeled Perpetual Help, 76-64, in a non-televised match to complete the three-day opener of the 85th NCAA season at the Araneta Coliseum.

Hoping to improve on their fifth place showing last season, the Stags had an easy time against the Altas led by 24 points at one point behind veterans Jimbo Aquino and Gilbert Bulawan.

Aquino, tasked to fill up the void left by national team standout Jason Ballesteros and Jim Viray, led the Recto-based dribblers with 20 points off four triples with Bulawan adding 15 points, five rebounds and four assists.

San Sebastian avenged last year's opening day loss to Perpetual Help after blowing a double-digit lead while giving Ato Agustin his first win as the team's new head coach.

Agustin, who won the 1992 PBA Most Valuable Player as a player for San Miguel Beer, took over the reigns following the resignation of Jorge Gallent.

"We played well today at sana ma-maintain namin yung same type of play sa mga susunod na laro," said Agustin.

Shooter Jonathan Semira, point guard Raymond Maconocido and first-year big man Ian Sangalang chipped in nine points each.

Southpaw guard Chrisper Elorpe led the Las Pinas-based dribblers with 19 points, three rebounds, six assists and two steals despite turning the ball over five times. Raffy Ynion had a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds while John Galabin finished with 10 points.

Perpetual muffed 16 of 21 shots from beyond the arc and shot 36 percent from the field.

The scores:

San Sebastian 76 - Aquino 20, Bulawan 15, Semira 9, Sangalang 9, Maconocido 9, Raymundo 5, Abueva 4, Najorda 4, Pascual 1, Del Rio 0.

Perpetual Help 64 - Elorpe 19, Ynion 16, Galabin 11, Salanga 6, Salvado 3, Hainga 3, Carrullo 3, Liaz 2, Vivero 1, Rono 0, Sicat 0.

Quarters: 26-13; 51-27; 64-48; 76-64.

A reminder to the thugs Stags of Baste for their coming game against the Red Lions (NB: posted news item is in Pilipino so they can readily understand it):

Bagong alituntunin sa NCAA ipatutupad sa Season 85
    Updated June 16, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Sa pagbubukas ng panibagong yugto ng NCAA, hihigpitan ang regulasyon ng bawat laro ayon kay Commissioner Aric Del Rosario.

Ayon sa kanya, ang sinumang player na mahuhuling lalabag sa kautusang ito ay papatawan ng karampatang kaparusahan.

Patatalsikin ang mga players na makakagawa ng delikadong fouls at tulad ng pagsuntok, sipa, paniniko at iba pang bayolenteng gawa bilang leksyon.

“We will not tolerate dirty players in this league, they would be immediately ejected if we find them intentionally doing it,” wika ni del Rosario, “There’s nothing wrong with being physical, but playing dirty is a different thing,” dagdag pa nito.

Dahil dito, tinututukan ni del Rosario ang aspetong ito, kung saan kumuha ito ng ibang set of referees na karamihan ay nagmula sa NABRO upang mamonitor ang bawat laro. Sa kampanyang ito, hinihikayat nila ang mga players na maglaro ng tapat at malinis.

Xxx.
    http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=95

If they can't read, Derick Rose may be able to read it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schortsanitis
    'Baka na pe pressure si Mark, dahil natatabunan siya ni utol.'

'Kaso mo, kung wala ka talagang talent, e, ba't mo ipipilit ng ipipilit? Kung talagang magaling iyan, maraming kukuhang ibang eskwelahan dyan.'
    Kinuha na ng FEU. In fact enrolled na daw.

Ayos ah. Gumawa kayo ng sarili nyong chat room dito. Let this be my final warning to Tito and Derrick. Any similar infraction will warrant the appropriate penalty immediately.

Salamat.
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

Quote Originally Posted by Regular Grey
    So ano nga yung expectation?

The discussion on the opening is out of topic here. I'll delete all posts related thereto in this thread.
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

Congratualtions to San Sebastian. Jimbo Aquino was red hot and killed us with his 6 3-point shots. The offensive rebounding was superb too.

Good job Baste!

You've dealt us a lesson that we should have known before. Defend the 3-point area.

Until we meet again.
    COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

^^^
    thanks guys.

Stags defang Lions, snatch lead

MANILA -- As a player, Ato “The Atom Bomb” Agustin made a killing with his offense. As a coach, he shifts to defense now.

Transforming his team to a mean, defense-oriented machine, San Sebastian shell-shocked reigning three-peat champion San Beda, 83-77, Wednesday to book its second straight victory in Season 85 of the NCAA basketball tournament at The Arena in San Juan City.

And though Jimbo Aquino torched the Lions with a season-high 26 points, it was defense that spelled the difference for the Golden Stags, who remain unbeaten in two starts.

San Sebastian took San Beda out of its comfort zone with a punishing interior defense that made life difficult for 6’8” American Sudan Daniels, who was limited to only five attempts connecting on four of them to finish with 11 points.

Spearheaded by 6’6” rookie Ian Sangalang and Gilbert Bulawan, the Stags surprisingly beat the taller, bigger Lions in the rebounds department plucking 52 against the latter's 46 .

Sangalang, a former RP youth hotshot, and Bulawan accounted for 24 caroms while firing 26 points and blocking four shots combined.

“I told my players to play tough defense by pushing their big men outside, our plan worked,” said Agustin, a former PBA MVP known for his streak shooting ways.

The Stags are now 4-1 (win-loss) against the Lions this year that included three triumphs in the pre-season.

Their one and only loss came in the championship of the Nike Summer League where the Lions reigned supreme.

It’s all forgotten now.

After trailing San Beda in the first three quarters, Aquino, who assumed the leadership role following the departure of last year’s top guns Jason Ballesteros and Jim Viray, unleashed a 12-point barrage that silenced the Lions in the final canto.

It was four of the total six triples drained by someone who is fast turning into a prototype of the Atom Bomb of old—a mean scoring machine.

“I keep reminding him to play decoy because I know he would attract defense,” said Agustin of Aquino. “But I also told him to shoot if he’s free so I’m not surprised if he made the big shots.”

credits and as posted in abs-cbnNEWS.com

You guys played smart yesterday. Great game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast