twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Shoes and Apparel

Share/Bookmark

Basketball Shoes and Apparel

The first basketball shoes that I really craved for was the Adidas Abdul Jabbar. During the late 70's (when I was in Grade School ), the Abdul Jabbar shoes was the in thing.

The Pony hi cut was also a hit and so were the Nike Air models.

Remember also the "Cons" by Converse?
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

Re: Basketball Shoes and Apparel

Yung Adidas Superstar series nila na mid-cut maganda din and masarap sa paa panlaro (I remember during the late 90's, most of the Archers wore this shoes).
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

grosby guidaben

Kaypee Futura - Alvin "The Captain" Patrimonio

Quote Originally Posted by gameface_one
    No, but I remember the Conasaurs by Converse - they were high-cut sneakers with the silhouette of a dinosaur on the sole, so your footprints had dinosaurs in them. I had a pink pair in grade school ;D
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by 5FootCarrot
    Quote Originally Posted by gameface_one
    No, but I remember the Conasaurs by Converse - they were high-cut sneakers with the silhouette of a dinosaur on the sole, so your footprints had dinosaurs in them. I had a pink pair in grade school ;D

That was cute Carrot.* :D

Remember also the Grosby Black Superman edition? Popular ito sa mga masa specially with the TV commercial.
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

i liked the original indigo adidas abdul jabbar with suede uppers, but our labandera sure didn't. it's because the indigo dye bled through the socks when my feet sweated.

as far as i recall, the basketball shoes i used were by nike, adidas, converse, the reebok pump, and so on. the last basketball shoe i used was a pair of and1's. nike i liked for the design and the cushioning, adidas for the ankle support, converse for its utter durability, and the reebok pump for its novelty. the and1--i don't know what came over me when i decided to buy a pair ;D
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Wilson Bata high cuts-- basketball shoes which looked like earth shoes. And beige-colored to accent that.

The best looking shoes to me were the old Asics "Tiger" shoes which I first saw worn by fiery Celtcs center Dave Cowens.

Then came the Nike "Air Force" high cut shoes with the wrap-around Velcro strap which first came to my attention in the movie "The Terminator," worn by Michael Biehn.

Then there was the Adidas "Top Ten" shoes which were supposedly designed by the NBA's top ten players at the time. (Kaya lang, Rubberworld Philippines, the local manufacturer of Adidas then, made a grievous typo error on the shoes' label located at the upper flap: it said: "Worned by the NBA's Top Ten"* :D. Later on I would see the "ed" scratched off from shoes on the display racks :D :D :D.
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

* * *FOR THE longest time, I shunned shoes that were named after or endorsed by famous players.* For one, the shoe was designed for their feet, not mine and we definitely do not have the same feet.

* * *The adidas Superstar was my preferred choice because it was very simple and it could be used for school and gimmicks when not playing basketball.* Since it was a low cut shoe, wearing ankle supports or an extra pair of socks was needed when playing.

* * *Honestly, I prefer adidas because it fits my feet better and the price is more affordable.* I wear rubber shoes 95% of the time and they're all by adidas. I hope to buy a new pair or be gifted with a new pair soon since my current and only basketball shoe, the adidas Buzzer Beater, is definitely not fit for playing after three years of use.

Puma Clyde, specially those in suede uppers.* I don't know why kids now a days treat that shoe as a fashion statement and even pay outrageous moolah for a pair made in the 70s.* Darn, those were serious hardcourt shoes in the 70s. During that time, Converse also had a pair of All Star suede sneakers that just had the star without the chevron. Can't remember what they called it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast