Share/Bookmark

World Boxing Scene

some exciting fights coming up.

Jan. 24 - (HBO) Antonio Margarito - Shane Mosley

Feb. 7 (Sho) Vic Darchinyan - Jorge Arce

Feb 14 - Nate Campbell - Ali Funeka

Feb. 21 (HBO-PPV) Kelly Pavlik - Rubio

Feb 28 (HBO) Juan Manuel Marquez - Juan Diaz

i think margarito will KO mosley round 8. darchinyan will KD arce but settle for comfortable decision win.

jmm vs juan "baby bull" diaz i'll definitely watch. baby bull was one of boxing's rising stars till he fell to nate campbell in a lethargic effort. jmm is "acknowledged" as the #1 lightweight at the moment (note - depending on the publication, pac is now ranked either at welterweight or lightwelter) and he thinks he's so good after beating 36-year-old joel casamayor. take note that casa was given a gift decision despite getting mauled for 12 rounds by jose armando sta cruz, who was knocked out by david diaz, who was murdered by manny. so let's see what the great jmm's got. can't wait.

Re: World Boxing Scene

yungha, what fight would you most like to see happen in 2009? I'm talking about the fights that haven't already been finalized.

I want to see Valuev against either of the Klitschko brothers. Not that the fight itself would be any good, since Valuev less active than a statue against Holyfield. I just want to see the sight of a seven-footer going down for the count, which I think both Vitaly and Vladimir are capable of doing to Valuev.
    People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

^daming pwede.

i think either of the klitschkos can floor valuev.

floyd vs margarito.

edwin valero vs any of the top lightweights (katsidis, jmm, campbell, the 2 diazes) so that bum will be exposed for the mediocre fighter that he is. even randy suico can beat that guy.

our own bernabe concepcion vs larios for the wbc featherweight title.

puerto rican sensation juanma lopez vs rafael marquez.

the winner of donaire-montiel vs winner of darchinyan-arce.

i'd like 44-year-old bernard hopkins to possibly challenge for another world title before he retires.

Valero vs. JMM: okay nga yan. Now that Valero is close to signing a deal with Top Rank, he's gonna get his fair share of attention in the lightweight division. So this fight may just happen.
    People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

there's another interesting fight coming up on march 14, amir khan vs mexican legend marco antonio barrera at lightweight.

amir will have the advantages of youth, height (5'11 vs 5'6) and fighting before his home crowd in england. plus he's fresh from a tko win last december. plus he's a natural lightweight while barrera's moving up.

barrera has experience, power, skill and one of the best defenses in boxing.

amir's glass jaw was exposed in a brutal 1st round tko vs unknown breidis prescott. he's still raw and i think barrera will score a flash KD early, box in the later rounds en route to a pts win. marco's too wise to mix it up toe-to-toe against the youngster.

^Nagulat ako at sinabak agad si Khan against a veteran like Barrera. He's taking a big gamble here. Barrera may be past his prime, but I think he's got too much ring savvy for the youngster.

how about that - mosley tko's the supposedly "unbeatable at welterweight" antonio margarito. it wasn't a freak KO or a lucky shot did margo in; he was totally dominated with only a few shining moments till sugar shane finally finished him off in the 9th. this should be considered a major upset. finally a major victory for a Golden Boy after a series of setbacks.

can't wait to download this fight once it's available.

Pacquiao vs Mosley, perhaps, in the future?

Mosley and Margarito "only" earned $2.4M each in this fight, which makes Pacquiao's $13M guaranteed purse plus potential PPV earnings all the more impressive. No wonder all the lightweight and welterweight champs and contenders are lining up to fight Pacquiao.*

antonio margarito's performance was a big letdown. either that, or sugar shane was just awesome in their title fight. what a great way to announce his bid for the pacquiao sweepstakes. is it in the horizon? seems like it.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

sugar shane will probably call pacquiao out if manny beats hatton. remember, though, that shane has unfinished business with miguel cotto whom he lost to by close unanimous decision. cotto beat mosley, margarito beat cotto, mosley beat margarito. it would be nice to put closure to that compelling triumvurate drama.

mosley also fought dela hoya twice, first at welter (147) then at light middle (154), winning both times by close decision. oscar was never in danger of going down in either fight, unlike in his fight with manny when he almost kissed the canvas in rounds 7 and 8.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast