twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: From Squire to Knighthood

Share/Bookmark

Re: From Squire to Knighthood

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    What about other famous Knights like Chris Calaguio, Willy Miller, John Prior, Anton Villoria, Billy Moody, Francis Arabit, JP Pacheco, John Realista and Jonathan Pinera? Did any of these guys come from your high school?

Speaking of Realista, the guy is a certified public accountant, just in case there are those out there who think varsity athletes take only the easy majors for the sake of being enrolled.
    si pacheco yata, but i'm not sure.* other squires turned knights (from the 70s and 80s) -- jerry gonzales, bobby agner, gracito mojica, danny ala, archie gavierres, the abola brothers, and of course, theodore "ted' mckinney.

Abola brothers Mel and Louie did not play Srs. in Letran...maybe you mean the Bola-bola brothers.

Pitong magkakapatid na bolabola ata ang sunod-sund naglaro sa squires. Among those Bolabola siblings, it was Erwin who stood out, registering a 30 yr NCAA hs record for most points in a game, but was recently broken by Light Bomber Keith Agovida.

Alvin Magpantay was the best Squire of his team but went on to Lasalle to play UAAP ball. Had he stayed he could've been the King among Knights of his time.

I recall the likes of current Knights Rey Guevarra, RJ Jazul, Boyet Melegrito and Ray Dangcal spent some time on your B Team sometime in 2004 and 2005 before being promoted.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

^ Alvin Magpantay did not don the Squires jersey...but im pretty sure he was a former Red cub during the early 90's.

On your previous post,only Francis Arabit and Pacheco played for letran jrs in the mid 90's.

Chris Calaguio was a former red cub, Willie Miller was 'imported' from Olongapo ;D John Prior from Laguna while AntonVilloria, Pinera and Realista were spotted strutting their arses somewhere in their respective hs provincial leagues before being knighted.

Happy Holidays to ALL Gamefacers!

escalera jr.,

thanks for the correction. i may have confused the abolas with the bolabolas. re magpantay, though, are you sure that he didn't go to letran hs? di ba halos kasabay ito ni bunyi sa pagpunta sa la salle?

Did 6'5" Letran Knight Cayetano Salazar played for the Squires?
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by bugleboy
    escalera jr.,

thanks for the correction.* i may have confused the abolas with the bolabolas.* re magpantay, though, are you sure that he didn't go to letran hs?* di ba halos kasabay ito ni bunyi sa pagpunta sa la salle?*

im quite sure about the Abola bros...they were former gs/hs batchmates of mine ;D Ayan ha, nahahalata na ang edad ko.

On Magpantay, im open for correction. Hindi ko talaga maalala kung naglaro nga siya sa squires. I heard about him only when he was already a hotshot gunner for the Green Archers.

Some notable squires-turned-archers were another former classmate Jay Lucido and most recently PJ Walsham and OJ Cua of the Blazers

Escalera, Alvin Magpantay naman was my brother's high school classmate in Letran kaya sure ako he was a Squire.

By the way, congratulations sa movie ninyo ni Ungasis at mukhang patok sa takilya! ;D
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

^SALAMAT KUYA VAL* :D* Next year, tayo ng VST & Co. naman ang magre-reunion ;D

On topic, other squires who later became Champion Knights were the Ruiz brother(magkapatid nga ba sila???) Jing and Robert and Fernando 'Dong' Libed of the back to back 86-87 seasaon.l

C* * L Bukul

^^Yup, alvin magpantay was the star squire of the 1989 "champion" squad. Too bad the title was forfeited due to an ineligible player in the team. Tsk tsk. :-\

May I add Gian Paolo "GP" Evidente. From Squire to Knight, circa early 90s.

Happy 2009 to all Gamefacers especially to the Knights of the Round Table!

Cheers! :D

Other notable Squires to play as a Knight
    Wilmon Yu - played 2 years as A Squire then played 4 years for the Knights, served as Squires head coach from 1995 to 1996 and assistant to Rudy Hines from 1995 to 1997.
    Erwin Santos
    Francis Arabit, unfortunately he was the player that cost the Squires disqualification during the 1990 ten game sweep of the Squires due to age, Alvin Magpantay was the MVP then. Came back to Letran after 2 years to play as a Knight and was a key factor in the 1992 champion team.
    Ronjay Enrile
    Boyet Bautista
    Erwin Castillo (recruited by the Blue Eagles after his final year as a Squire during 1988 but eventually played for the Knights starting 1990)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast