twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: From vocal cheering to drums...what happened?

Share/Bookmark

Re: From vocal cheering to drums...what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by atenean_blooded
    I
    Incidentally, what do you guys think of schools requiring students to attend games and cheer in a "booster" gallery (ala-Miriam High School, etc.) as part of their compliance with school requirements?
    if it addresses the so called requirements on the exposure and orientation to school iconographic standards and sports events, i believe this is OK...

Our fellowship will never cease!
    ANIMO SAN BEDA!

Incidentally, what do you guys think of schools requiring students to attend games and cheer in a "booster" gallery (ala-Miriam High School, etc.) as part of their compliance with school requirements?
    I've seen a lot of schools do this... unfortunately, they drag gradeschoolers and teach them how to jeer and taunt the opposing crowd... how can you compete with that? I'm not the type to pick on children, but they get on my nerves a lot :P
    Christian in Principle, Benedictine in Orientation and Filipino in Character
    San Beda College - Alabang GS '93 HS '97

Quote Originally Posted by lekiboy
    I
    if it addresses the so called requirements on the exposure and orientation to school iconographic standards and sports events, i believe this is OK...

I guess it's a good idea to grade them according to the clarity of voice, diction, pronunciation, cadence, etc. Either that, or give a minus for every shriek or "AAAAAAAAAIK!" they utter. Honestly, shrieks make me cringe. So very... lumpenproletariat.
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

I've never liked the thought of requiring students to watch games just so that the team has a crowd behind them.

Thank goodness we don't do that.
    *clap-clapclap-clap-clap-clap-clap* FIGHT!
    The original. The one word that conquers.

----

"We will kill them all."

-- Optimus Prime, referring to Decepticons in Transformers 3

Since all UAAP member-schools already have their own cheers for a number of years now, there is simply no excuse anymore for the crowd of any member-school not to know their cheers and chants.

Given this, I'd like to propose something for the UAAP basketball games (and probably the NCAA can do this too).

So here it goes: On a case-to-case basis they can engage in a No-drums Match wherein the only time the drums can be played is during the halftime cheer exhibition. (Let's face it. The limitation on the number of drums is not strictly enforced.)

This Payabangan of sorts will only take place if it is agreed upon by the pep squads of both sides a few days prior to the game. The objective is to test which crowd can cheer louder in a considerably more accurate manner.

How about it, eh?

I've never liked the thought of requiring students to watch games just so that the team has a crowd behind them.

Thank goodness we don't do that.
    We NEVER had to do that. Well, at least before and after the Dark Ages.

Although I maintain that requiring ROTC cadets to sit behind the bench, in all their GOA glory, will be very intimidating. ;D
    I stopped saying "LOL" ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mangtsito
    Since all UAAP member-schools already have their own cheers for a number of years now, there is simply no excuse anymore for the crowd of any member-school not to know their cheers and chants.

Given this, I'd like to propose something for the UAAP basketball games (and probably the NCAA can do this too).

So here it goes: On a case-to-case basis they can engage in a No-drums Match wherein the only time the drums can be played is during the halftime cheer exhibition. (Let's face it. The limitation on the number of drums is not strictly enforced.)

This Payabangan of sorts will only take place if it is agreed upon by the pep squads of both sides a few days prior to the game. The objective is to test which crowd can cheer louder in a considerably more accurate manner.

How about it, eh?
    This is a very good idea. Pero dapat walang gayahan ng cheers and drumbeats. Copycat schools should be disqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelangelo_kid
    Quote Originally Posted by mangtsito

How about it, eh?
    This is a very good idea. Pero dapat walang gayahan ng cheers and drumbeats. Copycat schools should be disqualified.

If this happens, there'll be a lot of schools cheering maybe only 1 or 2(some none at all hehe) again and again. ;D Even the more "prominent" ones might all of a sudden be forced to resort in using to the generic cheers/chants, errrr...even those from movies. bwehehehe! ;D

or puro clap na lang or use the NBA's Hey! Song....
    "Why do you want this so badly?

Because they said I couldn't have it."

"What did he say to you to make you try so hard?

Be the best...."

Guys , yung topic sa drums and vocals, dito yun...
    COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3